Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: LeBron's Playoff Run

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I don't get that feeling. People were only talking about Dirk's run AFTER it was over cause no one expecting them to win it. Lebron's has been getting alot of pub throughout the playoffs.
    Cosign. Not only was Dirks run more talked about because it was unexpected look who he beat. Swept the defending champs, dismantled this same Okc team that's in the finals this year and beat the power house big 3 Miami Heat with the same Lebron that's being talked about in this thread. Even then Dirk got overrated. The Heat mean while beat a severely undermanned Knicks team, the Pacers and an old Boston team took them to 7. They've looked great against Okc, but its not anything that wasn't expected. When the Heat win a ring Lebron is going to get all the Jordan comparisons anyways so I don't know how he's being undervalued.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Cosign. Not only was Dirks run more talked about because it was unexpected look who he beat. Swept the defending champs, dismantled this same Okc team that's in the finals this year and beat the power house big 3 Miami Heat with the same Lebron that's being talked about in this thread. Even then Dirk got overrated. The Heat mean while beat a severely undermanned Knicks team, the Pacers and an old Boston team took them to 7. They've looked great against Okc, but its not anything that wasn't expected. When the Heat win a ring Lebron is going to get all the Jordan comparisons anyways so I don't know how he's being undervalued.
    I'd say your competition argument against Lebron is irrelevant. They played the majority of the 2nd and 3rd rounds without Bosh. They were undermanned a swell.

At all-time great level. But not goat level.

They played without Bosh for the large majority, and Lebron carried. Every time on the brink of elimination Bron stepped up and had 35/45 point games it seemed.

It's largely not talked about, because this in fact is what is expected from Lebron. He has a 40 point game, and people seem to go 'yeah, but he's Lebron'...
    Kinda shows how good the guy is.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Barkley said it best.

We've never asked a superstar to do all the things LeBron's asked to do.

He is the most unique player we have ever seen in this league.In terms of pure talent level,even MJ doesn't come close.Dont get me wrong i am not comparing him to jordan or all-time greats.

If he had the right team from start like durant did we would probably be calling him GOAT.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    At all-time great level. But not goat level.
    I'm not saying it's the greatest run ever, but one of them. At this point, to pretend LeBron isn't in that Michael, Magic or Bird level as an individual talent is ridiculous. He's got to fill out his resume a bit more, but talent and skill-wise, he's right there.

That's all I was saying. You no longer can legitimately say LeBron isn't one of the greatest players ever and still claim to know anything about the game.
    Last edited by Kurosawa0; 06-20-2012 at 11:53 AM.

If the Heat win a championship, I can see LeBron's Playoff run being considered one of the top individual streaks in NBA history. It'll definitely rank among the elite.

With that said, assuming the Heat don't win a championship, this run will easily be forgotten in a few seasons.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'd say your competition argument against Lebron is irrelevant. They played the majority of the 2nd and 3rd rounds without Bosh. They were undermanned a swell.
    They still had Lebron and Dwade plus all their role players. That's better than anything the teams they faced were throwing out. The completely blew out Boston in game 6 with a minimal contribution from Bosh. Injuries are a part of the game. I don't see posters bringing up the undermanned argument considering that the Celtics were missing Jeff Green, Avery Bradley and Wilcox. Either way the competition Dirk faced was a lot more impressive than the Heat this year.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Barkley said it best.

We've never asked a superstar to do all the things LeBron's asked to do.

He is the most unique player we have ever seen in this league.In terms of pure talent level,even MJ doesn't come close.Dont get me wrong i am not comparing him to jordan or all-time greats.

If he had the right team from start like durant did we would probably be calling him GOAT.
    Actually Phil Jackson said it best. LeBron is much different from Kobe and MJ because Kobe and MJ are strictly score first mentality players. You expect Kobe to average 10 rebounds when he's played with Shaq, Bynum and Pau?
    You expect Wade to consistently be effective. Who else will get the Heat assists. Only LeBron is capable of consitently doing that. Bosh is an alright rebounder but if LeBron doesn't rebound, nobody does.

The Heat have no choice but to ask LeBron to do everything.

They still had Lebron and Dwade plus all their role players. That's better than anything the teams they faced were throwing out. The completely blew out Boston in game 6 with a minimal contribution from Bosh. Injuries are a part of the game. I don't see posters bringing up the undermanned argument considering that the Celtics were missing Jeff Green, Avery Bradley and Wilcox. Either way the competition Dirk faced was a lot more impressive than the Heat this year.
    Green didn't play all year. Wilcox... They beat the Heat in the regular season without him.

Avery is a big loss, but is he the 3rd best player on the team? No. Losing your third best player is a big deal, particularly when it is a top heavy team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    He's basically had two great games

Game 5 against the Celtics and Game 3(?) against the Pacers.....otherwise it's been pretty much regular season Lebron. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. Not to mention how much he's been paraded to the line this playoff run so the stats don't truly tell the story. He's still had some 4rth qrt botch jobs or somewhat disappearing act....it's just that since he hasn't fell off like he did the past 2 yrs in the playoffs fans want to trump him up more than necessary

Actually the Playoffs in general have been more about the refs....

If I had to say what are the most memorable moments in the Playoffs this season they go as follows....

1. Rondo's game 2 performance

2. Westbrook's game 4 performance

3. Lebron's game 5 performance

4. Clippers' comeback Game 1 against Grizzlies

5. Spurs sweeping 1rst 2 series

6. Wade's game 4 performance
    Lebrons game 6 against Bpston is EASILY the best game this whole year

Local High School Star

weak rules, barley double teamed, weak competition, back in late 90's early 00's those stats would look more like 24/6/4 42% if that.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

@ you calling me bandwagoner
    oh shit

3-time NBA All-Star

I agree that Dirk's competition was better, I just don't agree that Lebron's was bad or something. His playoff run has still been better then Dirk's last year.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    stay dickriding
    You stopped crying yet?