Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Has LeBron peaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Dwade said he's getting better so I don't think he's peaked.
    His teammate saying he's getting better? Not sure this is relevant

What would you expect him to day? Lebron is gonna get worse next year?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Thats what they said about MJ at that age (and he didnt even have a championship by that age)...

Jordan peaked athletically around 1988-90. He then plateaued from around 1991-1992. By 1993 the wear and tear started to take a toll, and he evolved his game to be more of a perimeter player.

Winning championships have nothing to do with a player's peak. It has to do with the team built around him. Basketball is a team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Parps
    His teammate saying he's getting better? Not sure this is relevant

What would you expect him to day? Lebron is gonna get worse next year?
    I wouldn't expect him to say anything actually. He didn't say anything like that last off season did he?

If he continues to improve his play from the post (especially passing), his game will improve significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Lebron's already 27, and his game relies solely on his athletic ability. He's peaked at this point cuz when he turns 30,all that will go away, then well see what real skillset he has.
    Biggest myth ever. Lebron is one of the smartest players in the league and has a huge basketball IQ. At some later point of his career he'll be a full time facilitator and that'll keep him still being an elite player in the league at a older age.

He may have peaked statistically, but as a player, he is still developing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    If he continues to improve his play from the post (especially passing), his game will improve significantly.
    And he will be able to last longer because soon enough his speed will go.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    The moment he hit his peak was during that Celtics game when he turned into a robotic assassin and started fisting each player in green with a Velcro glove. Well see if he can keep that up this season or if he gets complacent.
    That game was crazy, he terminated boston

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    That game was crazy, he terminated boston

One of his best games in his NBA Career.

I think he will put up a much better numbers next season. No more pressure for LeBron cause he already won an NBA Finals MVP. The guy is 6'8", and 265 lbs. He will play the PF Position in his 30's.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 09-13-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Banned

This is a hard topic to grasp since it involves peak. We can define peak in many ways. Some judge a player's peak by their physical ability. Some judge them by stats.

I think Lebron has peaked physically. He's not dunking on guys like he was with Cleveland. He use to blow by his man with his first step and dunking on people. He use to get up higher than he does now.

But....here's the catch....

Statistically he is just as good or even better than he was in the Cleveland days. It may not seem like it since he has allstars on his team but their is no drop off.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    One of his best games in his NBA Career.
    I'd say it was the best game in his career considering the elimination and shit, kind of suspect being down 2 to an old ass team (Granted 3 HOFers though ) but **** it, picked them apart and destroyed them in the end

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Biggest myth ever. Lebron is one of the smartest players in the league and has a huge basketball IQ. At some later point of his career he'll be a full time facilitator and that'll keep him still being an elite player in the league at a older age.
    pauk...which part of "sit your(pauk/nash) ret**ded a** down" remains unclear?

5-time NBA All-Star

What if Lebron goes down in the post and really likes it there? at 28 thru 30 its the age where players really find their niche and usually take it to another high. Lebron has played the last three years under a lot of pressure and that has messed with him and his touch. So I definitely think he hasn't played his best ball yet. His touch is better than most are giving him credit for (he hasn't shot under 33% from in four years (something the very skilled shooter Kobe hadn't done at Lebron's age). Lebron's three point shooting and field goal percentage has been improving every year as of late. His field goal percentage is on a six year incline and he wasn't shooting bad 7 years ago. And he always gets more efficient. Plus, when you are versatile it takes longer for you to understand all of what you can master on the court.

If you look at his body type, you wonder if he will get a second peak like Karl Malone at 33 and 34 years of age. You really can't tell with Lebron. But I do think the pressure messed with his game the last three years.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 09-13-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

He may have peaked athletically, he's at the age when most players do. But skillwise I think he can improve a lot if he keeps working hard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    What if Lebron goes down in the post and really likes it there? at 28 thru 30 its the age where players really find their niche and usually take it to another high. Lebron has played the last three years under a lot of pressure and that has messed with him and his touch. So I definitely think he hasn't played his best ball yet. His touch is better than most are giving him credit for (he hasn't shot under 33% from in four years (something the very skilled shooter Kobe hadn't done at Lebron's age). Lebron's three point shooting and field goal percentage has been improving every year as of late. His field goal percentage is on a six year incline and he wasn't shooting bad 7 years ago. And he always gets more efficient. Plus, when you are versatile it takes longer for you to understand all of what you can master on the court.

If you look at his body type, you wonder if he will get a second peak like Karl Malone at 33 and 34 years of age. You really can't tell with Lebron. But I do think the pressure messed with his game the last three years.
    I think the difference now is that at least at this point players are aging a lot quicker because they came out of high school. They've been on an NBA professional schedule since 18-19 so they age a lot quicker. That is why you see a guy like Kobe Bryant hit with injuries and ailments in his early 30s when you didn't see players in the 80s or 90s so much hit with these ailments because they didn't come into the league so early. Plus Kobe has been in eight finals appearances and been on two olympic teams...the body can only take so much wear and tear.

It especially matters how you play. Scottie Pippen's body took much more of a beating than Michael Jordan's because he took the harder hits, took the charges, took the falls, and put his body on the line more than Jordan did. It cost him in the end even though he had a long career, but he wasn't able to play game to game at the level he used to as his back was screwed up after 98 and his knees started to give up after 2000. Age, injuries, and just wear and tear catch up to everyone eventually no matter what. When Jordan came back and was trying to play like 38mpg or whatever his knees just couldn't take it. He was just too old. The body can only take so much and eventually it gives out.

The one thing I think that Lebron has going for him is that...he is basically an athletic freak. Besides that weird freak elbow incident he does just seem to have the body that can just take a lot of wear and tear even though he's come out of high school. Plus he does seem to be becoming a more skilled player though I think he could become MUCH BETTER in the post right now, but he is only 27, so he has a lot more time for that as of now. As far as athleticism...he has peaked, his body is not going to get faster, stronger, quicker (without any illegal aid) at this point in his career, but he's not really on the down hill or if he is he's just BEGINNING IT, so it's not like he's in his mid 30s or something. He can still become a BETTER PLAYER FOR SURE by working on HIS SKILLS.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-13-2012 at 06:30 PM.