Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: MJ in bottom 10 among FMVP winners with the likes of Iggy, Billups, Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Everyone who isn't a Jordan dicksucker (look above) knows Rodman should have been FMVP in 96.
    Now you're just talking bull. Rodman's board work was brilliant, along with Kemp's overall play, but Rodman lacked the offensive production to be the MVP of it. It was clearly Jordan's worst Finals, but he was fading away on a lot of his shots and still got over 27 with two guys switching off on him defensively, including that year's DPOY.

Default Re: MJ in bottom 10 among FMVP winners with the likes of Iggy, Billups, Parker

My dudes worst Finals and he still won a Chip + Finals MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    What's the point of highlighting mj's worst performances (where he still dominated and won mvp), when Lebron's worst performances are far worse?

07' Finals - 22 on 36%

08' ecsf - 26 on 35%

10 ecsf - 27 on 44%, quit

11 Finals - 17 ppg, goat choke

^^^^^ when did MJ play worse than that ^^^^^

And there's more:

13 Finals - 25 on 44% (net negative for the series; only 23 on 43 thru 6 so Allen forced game 7)

14 Finals - record loss, taught a basketball lesson by old dudes

15/17/18 - stat-padded while the team got massively out-assisted and trounced; slacked on D to stat-pad, while his man won MVP
    Welll since 1-9 only made 6 we are comparing the best 6. Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    My dudes worst Finals and he still won a Chip + Finals MVP
    Exactly. You're almost there...I wonder why? I wonder how?

His stacked team?
    His weak opponents?

You decide

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Did I post anything that was not factual?

I'm not saying "Billups is a better performer than Jordan"

I could have said, "Kemp had a better GmScore than MJ in 96 and MJ still won FMVP" and that would have been a bit mean, but also true.

So which do you prefer?
    I prefer a thread that isn't stupid tbh

Tony Parker a 16.2 Game Score in 2007 and Lebron with an amazing 10.6 Game Score the same year. And then Lebron with another doozy a 13.7 Game Score in 2011.

He has two below LBJ's worst performance

And outplayed by his own opponent in one

Something LBJ never let happen
    Does not Lebron have only 3 FMVP performances in 9 Finals?

Man, he has 6 FMVP's (in only 6 Finals),

Not 1!
    Not 2!
    Not 3!
    Not 4!
    Not 5!
    It is 6!

When you show it with your fingers you need to use 2 hands. However, you ignore those 5 performances, chose worst of them for trying to disgrace him.

Also, let's look how many Finals loses Lebron have?

Not 1!
    Not 2!
    Not 3!
    Not 4!
    Not 5!
    Yeah, it is 6!

Collaboration > Exploitation

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Tony Parker a 16.2 Game Score in 2007 and Lebron with an amazing 10.6 Game Score the same year. And then Lebron with another doozy a 13.7 Game Score in 2011.
    Worst Finals among MJ and Kobe and LeBron

1) 18.5 Gmsc Jordan 1996 - Finals MVP
    2) 10.6 Gmsc LeBron 2007 - Losers
    3) 9.7 Gmsc Bryant 2000 - Champs

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

we are comparing the best 6. Got it?
    No, you highlighted mj's worst performance, so that only compares with Lebron's worst..

anything else is bs

And lebron's worst performances are far worse than anything MJ did

And I left one out - lebron won the 2014 ecf with only 22/6/5 - MJ wouldn't win a single series in his career with those numbers, let alone make the damn Finals with them

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    No, you highlighted mj's worst performance, so that only compares with Lebron's worst..

anything else is bs

And lebron's worst performances are far worse than anything MJ did

And I left one out - lebron won the 2014 ecf with only 22/6/5 - MJ wouldn't win a single series in his career with those numbers, let alone make the damn Finals with them
    Against Kawhi and Duncan or Hornacek and Russell?

The Jazz are like the Raptors of now. Think of what LeBron did to the Raptors all those years. That's what he'd do to the Jazz.

Against Kawhi and Duncan or Hornacek and Russell?

The Jazz are like the Raptors of now. Think of what LeBron did to the Raptors all those years. That's what he'd do to the Jazz.
    Well Hornacek and Russell beat me 4-1 in a series and swept Shaq/Kobe 4-0 and won 4-1 another year. Also beat Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler in back to back years.

Lebron couldn't even beat Dwight Howard.

MJ with 6 FMVP's against hand checking defenses > than anything LeBron has ever faced.

Another day
    Another win

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Well Hornacek and Russell beat me 4-1 in a series and swept Shaq/Kobe 4-0 and won 4-1 another year. Also beat Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler in back to back years.

Lebron couldn't even beat Dwight Howard.
    Wow how many rings did 20-year Jazz Stocktone + Malone win because they sound very good?!

Wow how many rings did 20-year Jazz Stocktone + Malone win because they sound very good?!
    Well if they joined forces with someone who won a title as the man they would have won several in there primes. Lebron won because he joined Wade.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_james_100709.html

Going to Miami, it isn’t going to be LeBron’s team. It is Wade’s team because he’s been there and has won a championship there. So the obvious point was that this would not be LeBron’s championship if he gets one or more, that he needed to go get help from a champion and another star.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ent/index.html

But once ESPN was done ESPN-izing its LeBron coverage -- filling it with babbling experts, needless hype and Jim Gray submitting his top six entries in the Stupidest Question Ever contest -- the self-proclaimed King said everything you need to know about him.

1. "You have to do what's best for you, and what's going to make you happy."

This is what's going to make him happy? Sharing a stage with two other stars? Really?

I guess that's all LeBron is: A complementary player with superstar talent. We should have figured this out before: He got that giant CHOSEN 1 tattoo on his back and calls himself King James because he is desperate for reassurance.

There is no greater challenge in sports getting drafted by a godawful team, planting your flag in a city and working like crazy until you have turned that team into a champion. LeBron James didn't want the challenge. He wanted to play with his buddies.

2. "We don't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night or shooting a high percentage."
    Whoa. Hold on there. Scoring 30 a night is too much pressure for one of the five most talented players ever?

Find me another all-time NBA great who would utter those words. Jordan would rather do an adidas commercial than say that. Bryant must have laughed as he heard the so-called "King" say that. Larry Bird? The next time he complains about pressure will be the first. Magic was the greatest team player of the last 40 years, but he was also so competitive that he wanted to play Jordan one-on-one in a promotional event -- and this was when Magic had won titles and Jordan had not, so Magic had more to lose.

3. "I know how loyal I am."

The man just dumped his hometown(s) on national television. Cleveland (and, by extension, Akron) happens to be the most tortured sports city in America. To do that, then say "I know how loyal I am" ... wow, wow, wow.

I wish I could sit in on one of LeBron's meetings with his advisers. Does he make them all wear mirrored sunglasses, so that when he looks at them he sees himself?

We really don't ask that much of our sports stars. Try not to get arrested for anything big. Don't curse at the fans. You know, small stuff. We even understand that 95 percent of the time, they will make career decisions based on money -- we might not love it, but we understand it.

But see, the biggest thing that we ask of our sports stars is this: Take the competition as seriously as we do.

When LeBron James loses to Boston in the playoffs, we want him to take the heat, not take the Heat's offer. We want him to spend the summer adding to his game, calling and texting his teammates, plotting to do better next season.

4. "It's about joining forces with the other two guys."
    He sounds like a nine-year-old playing Star Wars games with his buddies at a sleepover. And again: I do believe this Miami team will win a title. But it won't be as easy as he wants it to be. Miami will have the weakest bench of any contender next season After that, the NBA will have a lockout, and the league could eliminate the mid-level exception, which would be Miami's best tool for adding talent. So this is a cop-out, but it's not as easy of a cop-out as it appears.

5. "This is the greatest challenge for me."
    LeBron James just jumped into an elevator and wants us to think he can fly. Sorry, but we know better. We

know that he did something Michael, Magic, Bird and Bill Russell never would have done. We know he ditched Cleveland for an All-Star team.
    But you know what? In Miami, anything short of a title will be a failure. Nobody outside of Miami will root for this team, and nobody in Miami roots for anybody. They're too busy enjoying the weather.
    I thought he would stay in Cleveland, because I thought all he cared about was adoration. I was wrong about Cleveland, but he is wrong about adoration. He thinks he'll get it by winning a title. He has insulated himself from the world, surrounded himself with yes men. He has no idea how much backlash he is about to get.
    That's one of the great ironies of this -- James is trying to flee pressure, but he will just face more of it. He is trying to maximize his "brand," but he just damaged it.

The first time I watched LeBron James live, I thought he could be the greatest player ever. The sad truth for us, for him, and for the NBA is that he never really believed it himself.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Dirk, Durant, and Curry would have 0 rings if lebron hadn't lost to them in 11/15/17/18

Duncan would have zero rings during lebron's playoff career if lebron hadn't lost to him in 07/14 and Allen's shot in 13

MJ simply did what lebron is supposed to do - STOP OTHER GUYS FROM GETTING RINGS - i.e he stopped the jazz from 2 rings