Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Could Zion be the next Anthony Bennett?

I watch this guy and see the Blake Griffin like acrobatics but he doesn't have the size. I don't think he has the handles. He certainly can't pass like Lebron.

So it seems he's gonna be a Julius Randle/Blake hybrid. That spells bust to me. That's best case too.

I think he will probably be worse than Blake. His jump shot is flat footed. He's going to get that shot blocked. I'm seeing a better version of Anthony Bennett. I don't see Lebron level talent.

Default Re: Could Zion be the next Anthony Bennett?

He's more athletic and significantly quicker than Blake. He moves like a guard in a 280 pound body. Let that sink in. And he's already a much better defender. People love making comparisons because ONE thing is similar. "They both jump high. They must be the same."

They're completely different physical specimens. I'm not gonna respond to the Anthony Bennett comparison because that's simply going full retard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

There's a huge difference between Anthony Bennet and LeBron James you mouth breathing retard. He's going to be somewhere in between, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    There's a huge difference between Anthony Bennet and LeBron James you mouth breathing retard. He's going to be somewhere in between, obviously.
    Yes dipshit. I already wrote the characteristics that make him far closer to Bennett. One I forgot to mention is he looks fat. His frame is similar to Bennett.

He's undersized for the type of basketball he plays.

Speed, strength, and explosive finishing ability (combined with a soft touch) in droves. He is going to able to penetrate NBA defenses at will.

And did you say something about him looking fat?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Speed, strength, and explosive finishing ability (combined with a soft touch) in droves. He is going to able to penetrate NBA defenses at will.

He has that Draymond look. I'm sure Draymond and Bennett aren't fat but they look husky.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    He has that Draymond look. I'm sure Draymond and Bennett aren't fat but they look husky.
    Are you seriously trying to compare Zion to Draymond Green? Do yourself a favor and shut the fukk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Are you seriously trying to compare Zion to Draymond Green? Do yourself a favor and shut the fukk up.
    Holy sh*t kid you're retarded. Zion is 6-7 280 pounds.

280. He weighs are much as an NBA center. He's 6-7 lmao.

Hes gonna be a bust so in that sense he will be the next Bennett (and also in the sense that hes a tweener who cant shoot and will suffer from mismatches whoever hes guarding on defense in the NBA).

btw Griffin's handle is light years ahead.

Local High School Star

Zion has the "It" factor. It's more than his weight and athleticism. The guy plays the right way. His enthusiasm is infectious, his hustle and defensive energy, admirable. He seems like a great teammate. I haven't yet seen a hint of arrogance or entitlement (at least on college level, looked like he could be a bit of a bully in high school, but that' to be expected of a young kid).

He seems capable of rising to the occasion and coming through huge in the clutch in the biggest moments of the biggest games. Yes, free throws and jump shooting need lots of work, but the foundation is there.

He's highly skilled. People who think he doesn't have phenomenal ballhandling skills for a player his size need to get their eyes checked. His passing is pinpoint accurate, and his assists numbers could go way up in the NBA. He doesn't have the longest wingspan, but his size, determination and explosiveness will make him a very good/great rebounder in the NBA. His footwork is still raw, but his size and quickness in the post still will net him points in the NBA. Once he refines his game down there a bit more, he'll be a beast.

But what perhaps impresses me most is his fluidity. The man has great driving skills, and changes directions and shots in the air in ways that are Jordanesque. (and no, he's not at Jordan's level there, no one is with Kobe as a possible exception). But he has the ability to be extremely creative in the air and to change and move his body in the air that belies his size.

I can't "guarantee" this guy will be a star, but he's got my radar buzzing. He could be the next truly great transformative NBA star.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Holy sh*t kid you're retarded. Zion is 6-7 280 pounds.

280. He weighs are much as an NBA center. He's 6-7 lmao.
    And when have you ever seen Draymond Green pull off the athletic feats Zion is? You are making Blazer fans everywhere look bad with your stupid fukking shit takes. Shut up and go sit in the corner you dunce.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha
    Zion has the "It" factor. It's more than his weight and athleticism. The guy plays the right way. His enthusiasm is infectious, his hustle and defensive energy, admirable. He seems like a great teammate. I haven't yet seen a hint of arrogance or entitlement (at least on college level, looked like he could be a bit of a bully in high school, but that' to be expected of a young kid).

He seems capable of rising to the occasion and coming through huge in the clutch in the biggest moments of the biggest games. Yes, free throws and jump shooting need lots of work, but the foundation is there.

He's highly skilled. People who think he doesn't have phenomenal ballhandling skills for a player his size need to get their eyes checked. His passing is pinpoint accurate, and his assists numbers could go way up in the NBA. He doesn't have the longest wingspan, but his size, determination and explosiveness will make him a very good/great rebounder in the NBA. His footwork is still raw, but his size and quickness in the post still will net him points in the NBA. Once he refines his game down there a bit more, he'll be a beast.

But what perhaps impresses me most is his fluidity. The man has great driving skills, and changes directions and shots in the air in ways that are Jordanesque. (and no, he's not at Jordan's level there, no one is with Kobe as a possible exception). But he has the ability to be extremely creative in the air and to change and move his body in the air that belies his size.

I can't "guarantee" this guy will be a star, but he's got my radar buzzing. He could be the next truly great transformative NBA star.
    This is the best way to put it. i've only seen highlights and about 3 games, but he has an aura about him, and every time I tune in they are talking about what a hard worker is, and sure enough, there he is on the court defending his ass off.

He may not be a superduperstar, but he has an aura about him that you can just tell success is coming. On the other hand, Anthony Bennett had an aura of sleep apnea and parking garage piss about him.

I can't believe there are people who think there is any debate as to whether he will be a good player or not. Not just that, you are saying he might be Anthony Bennett...

How can you not see a talent that good when he is right in front of you?

Same with the people that pretended Ben Simmons wouldn't be a good player. I actually want to know what they are watching. This isn't some contentious pick, with a lot of deliberation, or talent waiting to come out. He is the done deal already.

As freshmen they averaged:

Zion 22 pts shooting 68%

Bennett 16 pts shooting 53%

Blake 15 pts shooting 57%

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

he looks like he's on fking steroid... 19 yrs looks like this??