Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Lebron James True 40 yard dash 4 to 4.3?

Okay so that insanely athletic freak Wiggins got me thinking about Lebron and how much more insanely athletic Lebron is. Check this video out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaLIhzSYDI

He goes free throw line to free throw line, 64 feet, in ~2 seconds. As you can see when you replay the video a few times and press pause Lebron starts from the free throw line at exactly 4:27 and gets to half a step before the other free throw line at exactly 4:25

Space 2.1 seconds out for a 40 meter dash and that is a 3.93 40 meter dash. Maybe not exact, but damn close. Additionally, he has a running start so that helps it a LOT i'm sure. However, regardless of how you slice it he has a sub 4.4 40 yard dash on a basketball court (extrapolated). Again, not saying that is his 40 yard dash time. Just trying to show how insanely fast he is in terms people are familiar with it.

I think that time was probably faster than his true 40 yard dash because he was warmed up, in game mode and running at full speed. Also, the eye test just shows his blazing fast speed.

Anyone else have video of ANYONE being faster (statistically on verifiable video, not Wilt style newspaper clippings) on a basketball court from free throw to free throw or similar distance?
    Last edited by sundizz; 09-19-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Default Re: Lebron James True 40 yard dash 4 to 4.3?

Please kill yourself

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Okay so that insanely athletic freak Wiggins got me thinking about Lebron and how much more insanely athletic Lebron is. Check this video out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaLIhzSYDI

He goes free throw line to free throw line, 64 feet, in ~2 seconds. As you can see when you replay the video a few times and press pause Lebron starts from the free throw line at exactly 4:27 and gets to half a step before the other free throw line at exactly 4:25

Space 2.1 seconds out for a 40 meter dash and that is a 3.93 40 meter dash. Maybe not exact, but damn close. Additionally, he has a running start so that helps it a LOT i'm sure. However, regardless of how you slice it he has a sub 4.4 40 yard dash on a basketball court (extrapolated). Again, not saying that is his 40 yard dash time. Just trying to show how insanely fast he is in terms people are familiar with it.

I think that time was probably faster than his true 40 yard dash because he was warmed up, in game mode and running at full speed. Also, the eye test just shows his blazing fast speed.

Anyone else have video of ANYONE being faster (statistically on verifiable video, not Wilt style newspaper clippings) on a basketball court from free throw to free throw or similar distance?
    If you look at him and Jordan, look how fast the pull away from people when getting into the open court...I would imagine, due to their length and freakish athletic ability they are probably in the 4.3-4.5 range, i dont know why people think its so far fetched when previous coaches are on record confirming it. We are talking peak/prime

This is one of the stupidest things i have ever read. Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 and you are saying Lebron at the slowest would go 4.3? A time of 4.3 would put him at number twelve all time for the NFL combine. Please refrain from posting new threads until you can learn a few things about the world around you.

LeBron's an athletic freak, top 3 ever in the NBA but still not above the GOAT athlete...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKgP9J9k8T8 - around 1:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKgP9J9k8T8 - around 2:29

Oh and remember this guy's bigger than LeBron.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    This is one of the stupidest things i have ever read. Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 and you are saying Lebron at the slowest would go 4.3? A time of 4.3 would put him at number twelve all time for the NFL combine. Please refrain from posting new threads until you can learn a few things about the world around you.
    Or maybe you should learn to read your dumbass. Do you know what extrapolated means in this sense? Of course if he goes 2x the distance he would slow down. I'm talking about the pure speed of what he is doing. Would it better to say 20 mph? Would people understand how insanely fast he is going if I said that?

"Again, not saying that is his 40 yard dash time."

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Or maybe you should learn to read your dumbass. Do you know what extrapolated means in this sense? Of course if he goes 2x the distance he would slow down. I'm talking about the pure speed of what he is doing. Would it better to say 20 mph? Would people understand how insanely fast he is going if I said that?

"Again, not saying that is his 40 yard dash time."
    The thread title is "true 40 yard dash time"...

Wilt could bench 500lbs when he was 50 years old.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

He doesn't run faster than a 4.3 I guarantee it.

It took Lebron 4 seconds to get from one side of the court to the other 4:28 to 4:24

heres John Wall in 4 seconds but with ball going more distance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j3S9-sCWGw

heres Wade 4 seconds with ball after a steal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkWbTL9HEgo

heres Rose he starts his run at 2:07 dunks it at 2:03 and changes directions in the middle of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFeZfEpNnM

im counting from when they start their run to when they dunk it

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Lebron not 6'4 190 pounds like those players mentioned above.

Terrelle Pryor ran a 4.3 40 and he 6'5 250. he's a elite athlete also just not a good qb. Lebron being 6'8 270 and being that fast is incredible tho. Idk what he'd run in the 40 but doubt it'd be 4.3

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Wilt could bench 500lbs when he was 50 years old.
    So..............

Banned

lebron would run the 40 faster than durant

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Lebron not 6'4 190 pounds like those players mentioned above.

Terrelle Pryor ran a 4.3 40 and he 6'5 250. he's a elite athlete also just not a good qb. Lebron being 6'8 270 and being that fast is incredible tho. Idk what he'd run in the 40 but doubt it'd be 4.3
    whats your point

I don't know about LeBron in particular, but isn't it possible for the fastest NBA players to be faster than the fastest NFL players? I don't know all that much about the NFL pre-draft combine (or w/e they call it), but is the 40 run in pads?