Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default MORE EMBARRASSING: getting dunked on or getting your dunk blocked?

I think for me getting your dunk blocked is more shameful.. 'cause it's harder to block than dunk.. the timing.. the rise of blocking someone.. that shyt is hard to do..

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Default Re: MORE EMBARRASSING: getting dunked on or getting your dunk blocked?

Getting your dunk blocked.

Getting dunked on.

Getting your dunk blocked and falling to the ground...even more embarrassing than getting crossed to the floor.

kidachi

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Getting dunked on.
    more than being denied of dunking? why man?

I think blocking a dunk is easier than dunking on somebody. You have to get up higher than the person by about 8 inches or be able to move the ball around their arm.

However, I think getting your dunk blocked is more embarrassing. For sure. At least for me, I would be way more embarrassed for that instead of getting dunked on. Neither would be nice, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    more than being denied of dunking? why man?
    A lot depends who dunks on you, or who blocks your dunk.

I dunno really, hardly a science I can explain.

I'd just prefer to get blocked rather than the possibility of this happening to me.

It really depends on the how you dunked on somebody and how you got blocked. A dunk with your crotch on the other guy's face or a weak dunk are not the same. A block that sends the dunker on his back or a fingertip delfection aren't the same.

This is embarassing:

I think getting dunked on.....

Getting blocked is the less of two evils.

kidachi

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    It really depends on the how you dunked on somebody and how you got blocked. A dunk with your crotch on the other guy's face or a weak dunk are not the same. A block that sends the dunker on his back or a fingertip delfection aren't the same.

This is embarassing:

well if you're KEVIN GARNETT.. obviously yes.. great block..

but f*ck Manu he's a cunt.. I'm kidding.. peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Phong

This is embarassing:

Geez I might change my mind after this....

Ginnnnoooobbbllliii!!

Getting blocked. Getting dunked on means you tried to stop it at least. Something players should do more of instead of worrying about ending up in a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    Getting your dunk blocked and falling to the ground....
    When the blocked shot itself pushes dude backwards, but he's too stubborn to let go and catch his fall, and he still tries to push the dunk thru, with no success, falls his stubborn @ss on the ground......easily the Most embarrassing thing in basketball.

kidachi

ukballer..

i think that's the reason Paulus switched to football..

RealKnowledge

Getting your dunked blocked is more embarrassing in the moment and hurts ya pride for a good amount of time. Unless its nuts in your face dunk its really not embarrassing. Wade on Varejao, Amare on Tolliver are probably the only 2 of a few embarrassing ones this year