Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: I never thought I would see Okafor own Bosh

You never thought because you hardly watched Bosh play. His D is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    Lmao, have you seen LA yet?

How many contenders have the Lakers played yet?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harion
    you didn't answer the question.
    whom would have the 14 mil been better spent on?
    give a name. or names. whoever you think deserves the 14 mil more than Bosh.
    you didn't listen or understand i guess. i would have given it to perhaps 5 different players.

who those players are? i don't know....i'd have to do a lot of research. but i know via trades and free agency that the heat could have vastly improved their front line and guard play with that money.

and i know that the heat would be a ton better with that and without bosh. he does not fit. he does not play good defense. he is not tough. he does not get easy baskets. he holds the ball way too long for how effective he is.

like i said. bosh and joe johnson and arenas...etc are weird players because they aren't good unless they have the ball a lot....but they aren't good enough to have the ball a lot and win in the playoffs. so what do you do with them?

they are just guys i would never want on my team. give me gerald wallace over bosh any day of the week.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86

How many contenders have the Lakers played yet?
    And?

Miami is struggling with the likes of Okafor, how the hell are they going to deal with Gasol, Odom, and Bynum when he comes back. Also add that LA has a bench, and their three point shooting seems to have improved.

It is clear to anyone who is objective that LA is the best team in the NBA at the moment.

It is like some of you guys forget they are the defending champions, and have only improved their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    how could bosh ever own okafor though?

he's soft, can't play defense, and is only good with the ball in his hands. that bosh's problem. he's only good if he's touching the ball a ton. but he's not good enough to be a number 1 player on a title team. so i would never want bosh on my team.

he's like joe johnson and any other pretender out there because they can't be your center piece to win but they suck if they don't get the ball a ton.
    So I guess Bosh is going to be the scapegoat when Miami loses

And?

Miami is struggling with the likes of Okafor, how the hell are they going to deal with Gasol, Odom, and Bynum when he comes back. Also add that LA has a bench, and their three point shooting seems to have improved.

It is clear to anyone who is objective that LA is the best team in the NBA at the moment.

It is like some of you guys forget they are the defending champions, and have only improved their roster.
    i would put the current celtics slightly ahead of the lakers. but to your point. both the lakers and celtics are miles better than the heat right now. and i don't see that ever changing unless the heat get rid of bosh and bring in some size that can patrol the paint and score in the low post. and that player does not really exist because the lakers/magic/celtics have all of them.

heat will not win the title in their current form. no way.

That was the 2nd game this year Bosh had just 1 board

just poor

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

i would put the current celtics slightly ahead of the lakers. but to your point. both the lakers and celtics are miles better than the heat right now. and i don't see that ever changing unless the heat get rid of bosh and bring in some size that can patrol the paint and score in the low post. and that player does not really exist because the lakers/magic/celtics have all of them.

heat will not win the title in their current form. no way.
    I have LA just better then Boston by a hair, but Miami is third and the Magic are fourth IMO.

They need a PF/C who can post up and bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    So I guess Bosh is going to be the scapegoat when Miami loses
    there doesn't have to be a scapegoat so to speak. do you disagree with what i'm saying? i'm just speaking the truth.

how is bosh/z/anthony going to beat the big/best front lines in basketball?

its just the truth dude. bosh is not what the heat need to win. that falls on everyone....including wade and lebron. they chose to play together...and when you have two perimeter players as your best two players....you will likely have big weaknesses in the paint on both ends. and that is exactly the problem with the heat.

the problem is not wade and lebron. the problem is giving up too many easy baskets and not getting anything out of your bigs on offense in the paint. its almost impossible to win like that.

jordan won like that. thats it. every other title team had a great post presence on at least one end. and even jordan how grant/rodman....so really its never happened before.

bosh is simply not that guy. its not a scapegoat thing. its just the truth.

I have LA just better then Boston by a hair, but Miami is third and the Magic are fourth IMO.
    yea. boston and la is coin flip. i just think the celtics are a little better when healthy.

but that is a big "if"....i'd definitely (and i already have) bet on the lakers to win the title at this point over boston.

but if boston is healthy for a 7 game series....i think they win.

Heat fan since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    They need a PF/C who can post up and bang.

there doesn't have to be a scapegoat so to speak. do you disagree with what i'm saying? i'm just speaking the truth.

how is bosh/z/anthony going to beat the big/best front lines in basketball?

its just the truth dude. bosh is not what the heat need to win. that falls on everyone....including wade and lebron. they chose to play together...and when you have two perimeter players as your best two players....you will likely have big weaknesses in the paint on both ends. and that is exactly the problem with the heat.

the problem is not wade and lebron. the problem is giving up too many easy baskets and not getting anything out of your bigs on offense in the paint. its almost impossible to win like that.

jordan won like that. thats it. every other title team had a great post presence on at least one end. and even jordan how grant/rodman....so really its never happened before.

bosh is simply not that guy. its not a scapegoat thing. its just the truth.
    Agree completely

Said it all summer about Miami's frontcourt. For Miami to win they will need both Lebron and Wade to go nuts in a series. Their interior D I expect would get exposed in a possible finals.

If they win they big props to them but their frontcourt is not really strong enough right now.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Agree completely

Said it all summer about Miami's frontcourt. For Miami to win they will need both Lebron and Wade to go nuts in a series. Their interior D I expect would get exposed in a possible finals.

If they win they big props to them but their frontcourt is not really strong enough right now.
    agree. but here is the thing. its impossible for wade/lebron to go nuts in a series if you give up a ton of easy baskets inside all night.

you saw this tonight. its of supreme importance for every team to get stops because it leads to easy offense and gets you into a better rhythm. rhythm is so important in the nba.

but for the heat it is 10 times more important than most teams. lebron/wade are just so amazing in transition...but you don't get into transition if you don't get stops.....so the front line problem is actually a huge problem that is going to impact every aspect of this team.

i'm not saying the heat suck. they are going to win at least 62 games and be a really tough out in the playoffs. but in their current form they really have a very small chance to challenge boston or lakers.

Hey, I think Bosh is overrated, but are you guys forgetting that Bosh hit a shot that put them only down by one (and 3 after 2 made free throws, thus still giving them a chance in the game.)

That was a huge shot... I never would have expected it. Can't say anything about Bosh after that shot. It was up to Wade or Bron to make the last shot and send it into OT, but they didn't step up they deferred to Eddie House who wasn't hitting anything up until that point.

-Smak