Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: 45 points 19 rebounds 6 assists...Dat dude needs to go & contend ASAP

Houston would be the perfect fit. Doubt they could get him though.

Default Re: 45 points 19 rebounds 6 assists...Dat dude needs to go & contend ASAP

Wolves should trade love and blow it up again. Maybe it will help fade that losing culture

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

do it mitch

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    easy, Suns and Lakers.

The talent around Love isn't that bad, but they don't fit together well when you're trying to win bball games.
    i'll give you the lakers, but at least they have guys that can shoot the ball

the suns?

dragic and bledsoe are both miles ahead of rubio
    the morris twins are better than any player the wolves have except pekovic

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins

please tell me what other team in west with a better record has a worse supporting cast around their star player

his effective shooting % is quite high actually

The Nuggets and Suns have a star player?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    they don't need star players because they have a balanced roster of above average-fringe star players with great pieces that fit well together

the wolves are literally just love and pekovic. martin can score but can't defend and shits the bed in the 4th quarter.

rubio can pass it up but his lack of shooting completely disrupts the flow of the game and is a big reason they've lost every single close game this season.

let's be real here, you and i both know the reason you call him overrated isn't related to his play

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    Can't blame Love entirely, It's a poorly constructed team, Pek has his strengths but you need a long rim protecting C next to Love to hide his weakness there. Teams are shooting 47% against the Wolves which is the worst in the league. You aren't going to win many games when your FG% against is ranked #30, don't care if you have prime Jordan on your team.
    Part of that is due to Love's poor defense [as well] but you make a fair point--it isn't all Love's fault. But to call him a star he has to live up to a certain standard.

Being 8th in the West is a fair expectation imho for what he has roster and coaching wise. Until then I can't call him the #1 PF or a "great" player.

they don't need star players because they have a balanced roster of above average-fringe star players with great pieces that fit well together

the wolves are literally just love and pekovic. martin can score but can't defend and shits the bed in the 4th quarter.

rubio can pass it up but his lack of shooting completely disrupts the flow of the game and is a big reason they've lost every single close game this season.

I will also put a fair share of blame on Rubio for regressing but I think you're dismissing what other teams have done with less.

The Nuggets roster isn't that much better they just play tougher ball with PFs that are gritty and rebound besides shooting threes all game.

Not to mention the Wolves have a better or more experienced coach than the Nugs and Suns.

let's be real here, you and i both know the reason you call him overrated isn't related to his play

Because I don't like stretch fours that play no defense?

Please miss me with the racist bullshit...I played HS ball in Indiana with white guys that were much better than me and they have/had my utmost respect. Larry Bird, Mark Price, Toni Kukoc, and Bill Wenington are some of my favorite players and I hate flashy-type brothers like RW and Nick Young when it comes to balling style.

Stick to the debate or get igged son simple as that.

Because I don't like stretch fours that play no defense?

Please miss me with the racist bullshit...I played HS ball in Indiana with white guys that were much better than me and they have/had my utmost respect. Larry Bird, Mark Price, Toni Kukoc, and Bill Wenington are some of my favorite players and I hate flashy-type brothers like RW and Nick Young when it comes to balling style.

Stick to the debate or get igged son simple as that.
    racist, wtf are you talking about?

i mean the penchant a lot of nba fans have for dismissing star players' impact because they play on crappy teams with crappy supporting casts and awful management that put the wrong pieces around them

they've whiffed on draft picks so much it's stopped being funny. look at who they've taken after love

jonny flynn with the #6 pick
    wes johnson with the #4 pick
    derrick williams with the #2 pick

to sum it up, they wasted top 10 picks a guy that was out of the league in 2 years, luc richard mbah a moute, and a few second round picks
    Last edited by Andrew Wiggins; 12-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.

racist, wtf are you talking about?

i mean the penchant a lot of nba fans have for dismissing star players' impact because they play on crappy teams with crappy supporting casts and awful management that put the wrong pieces around them

they've whiffed on draft picks so much it's stopped being funny. look at who they've taken after love

jonny flynn with the #6 pick
    wes johnson with the #4 pick
    derrick williams with the #2 pick

to sum it up, they wasted top 10 picks a guy that was out of the league in 2 years, luc richard mbah a moute, and a few second round picks

Star players get their teams to the playoffs. Dike Mutumbo led his team [full of "no names"] to the playoffs and no one was ready to call him great.

The Wolves are behind the SUNS AND NUGGETS....two teams with pretty average rosters and no stars.

We all have horror stories about bad moves our team made. Love is part of the problem, he doesn't guard his position well and he chucks up threes when he should be getting buckets down low sometimes.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 12-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Carmelo Anthony is a star player, look at the knicks

Nuggets have a better overall team, the Wolves don't

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

Carmelo Anthony is a star player, look at the knicks

Nuggets have a better overall team, the Wolves don't
    Carmelo Anthony led an average Nuggets team to the playoffs in his rookie year. Try again.

What about the Suns?

Suns and Nugs have new coaches and the Wolves have a pretty good coach [in addition].

Carmelo Anthony led an average Nuggets team to the playoffs in his rookie year. Try again.
    On a 43-39 record. A record that won't get you in the playoffs in the west anymore, and Melo's team was way better, give Love a healthy Camby and he would get you to the playoff easily.

Now, explain why current Melo is unable to do better than Love? oh yeah, because his team mates might be worse

What about the Suns?

Suns and Nugs have new coaches and the Wolves have a pretty good coach [in addition].
    Suns? 3 words, Bledsoe and Dragic. The Suns might have the best backcourt in the league. Both are putting 18+ ppg with 6+ assist