Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Is Carmelo Anthony a hall of famer?

By how easy it is to get into the hof? Easily.

My own opinion? No. I don't think he ever had the impact season to season to be a hofer.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

He's one of those borderline guys and not a first ballot guy.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    By how easy it is to get into the hof? Easily.

My own opinion? No. I don't think he ever had the impact season to season to be a hofer.
    You have some high standards for HOFers then.... because half of the HOFers weren't as impactful as Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Yes, he'll make it. He's going to retire as a 9-10xAll-star and top 20 Alltime scorer, which will be enough.

The more interesting question is Derick Rose, who I think should not be a HoFer, but every previous MVP has made it.
    first time for everything

remember people, it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Achievement

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Derek Rose will be the first to not make the Hall. His resume will be lacking career totals. Wouldn't surprise me if he is out of the league in 5 years.

Yeah, definitely.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    You have some high standards for HOFers then.... because half of the HOFers weren't as impactful as Melo.
    His lack of defense and playmaking has always left me underwhelmed. He has zero leadership capabilities too...though it's hard to motivate guys to play defense or be unselfish when you don't play defense and are selfish.

Of course. He's an all-time great scorer with several all-star and all-NBA selections. Provided he stays healthy he'll end up with monstrous career totals. He hasn't had great team success in the NBA, but he HAS had great success at the college and international levels.

The basketball HoF is so easy to get into. Of course he's going to make it.

Whether he should or not is another question.

His lack of defense and playmaking has always left me underwhelmed. He has zero leadership capabilities too...though it's hard to motivate guys to play defense or be unselfish when you don't play defense and are selfish.
    He's underrated as hell, sure he's not a lock down defender but he sure as hell isn't on James Harden level.

As for his leadership, a lot of it is just media made up imo. We as fans don't get to see what's going on inside the locker rooms, everyone leads in a different way.

Is Duncan a good leader? We always here about how MJ/Kobe are good leaders, but Duncan is the exact opposite in terms of personality and leadership style. We always hear how intense KG is about the game, does that mean Duncan isn't?

What makes LeBron or Kobe a good leader? Was Paul Pierce a good leader?

Stuff like that are just media made up, and we don't know who's a good leader and who isn't.

Is Adrian Dantley a good leader? James Worthy? Tmac? Malone? Hakeem? DRob?

The list goes on and on...

It's silly to say that Melo has no impact on the game. Look at his 2013 roster and tell me he had no impact on that Knicks team...

We're talking about someone that's made 10 straight playoffs or something like that, you just don't make the playoffs 10 years in a row and have no impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    He's underrated as hell, sure he's not a lock down defender but he sure as hell isn't on James Harden level.

As for his leadership, a lot of it is just media made up imo. We as fans don't get to see what's going on inside the locker rooms, everyone leads in a different way.

Is Duncan a good leader? We always here about how MJ/Kobe are good leaders, but Duncan is the exact opposite in terms of personality and leadership style. We always hear how intense KG is about the game, does that mean Duncan isn't?

What makes LeBron or Kobe a good leader? Was Paul Pierce a good leader?

Stuff like that are just media made up, and we don't know who's a good leader and who isn't.

Is Adrian Dantley a good leader? James Worthy? Tmac? Malone? Hakeem? DRob?

The list goes on and on...

It's silly to say that Melo has no impact on the game. Look at his 2013 roster and tell me he had no impact on that Knicks team...

We're talking about someone that's made 10 straight playoffs or something like that, you just don't make the playoffs 10 years in a row and have no impact on the game.
    I mean, all we can really go on here is word of mouth, and countless teammates have come out and said Duncan/Garnett/Jordan were great leaders, and a fair few have done the same for Kobe.

Maybe I'm forgetting, but have Melo's teammates come out and done the same?

His leadership and defense is remarkably improved since coming to NY. Nothing to brag about, but your statement is a little unfair. Look at his stats this season... assists and rebounds are up.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    His leadership and defense is remarkably improved since coming to NY. Nothing to brag about, but your statement is a little unfair. Look at his stats this season... assists and rebounds are up.
    Jacking up shots at 41% clip.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I mean, all we can really go on here is word of mouth, and countless teammates have come out and said Duncan/Garnett/Jordan were great leaders, and a fair few have done the same for Kobe.

Maybe I'm forgetting, but have Melo's teammates come out and done the same?
    They're great leaders because they won rings....

All is well when you win, but Carmelo hasn't had a team good enough to do so yet. Now obviously Carmelo isn't in the same breath as those 3 as players, but to dismiss that he's a no impact player without no leader capabilities based on.... nothing?

Has anyone ever come out to say Carmelo was a bad leader?

Not to mention Melo's played with some "cancerous" players in his career. JR Smith comes to mind.