Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: jeremy lin is a true SG

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15

He has some of the best court vision and passing skills that I've seen

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

He has some of the best court vision and passing skills that I've seen.... but he's not a PG?????

he has good court vision in that he can spot the open man down court (and does a good job hitting him) but some of the best passing skills? he makes a lot of bad passes and i see his passes as being of the weak variety.. a lot of them are floated, he needs more zip on his passes

He has some of the best court vision and passing skills that I've seen.... but he's not a PG?????
    I don't think you have seen very much basketball then...

there at least 10 players with better court vision playing in the league NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I don't think you have seen very much basketball then...

there at least 10 players with better court vision playing in the league NOW.
    I just meant that he makes some passes that very few players see/make.

True. I just meant that he makes some passes that very few players see/make.
    I think he tries riskier passes. I don't think he unique in seeing them. It is just that he value the ball as much as other pgs as evidenced by his assist to turnover ration. I have no doubt the Conley can attempt the same passes but he values the ball more.

I think he tries riskier passes. I don't think he unique in seeing them. It is just that he value the ball as much as other pgs as evidenced by his assist to turnover ration. I have no doubt the Conley can attempt the same passes but he values the ball more.
    Maybe, but a lot of it is being able to actually have enough confidence to attempt it. Sometimes you have to be risky. Not saying it's perfect because you can be over-ambitious and it'll backfire... but sometimes you gotta go for it.

Local High School Star

Lin is a combo guard.

Banned

I don't know if others have noticed this but I think Lin has one of the better half-court/long-range passing skills in the game. Talk about great vision, it's hard enough to get it between two defenders but to get it from well beyond half-court is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34eLDVFnGL0 check out this assist to Melo on the 1:28 mark. There were two Pacer defenders right on Melo's tail.

And he's done these types of passes a lot. He's probably a better football passer than Tim Tebow.

Maybe, but a lot of it is being able to actually have enough confidence to attempt it. Sometimes you have to be risky. Not saying it's perfect because you can be over-ambitious and it'll backfire... but sometimes you gotta go for it.
    sometimes you do. But there is a point of diminished returns. A pg should at LEAST have a 2:1 turnover ratio...anything less and they simply are not valuing possession.

So now Lin is slow, not agile, and can't jump???

Every game I've seen of the kid says otherwise...sure, he's not the best decision maker, not a great shooter, not the best ball-handler but now I'm suppose to believe he's slow, not agile, and can't jump???

ok armchair scouts...

sometimes you do. But there is a point of diminished returns. A pg should at LEAST have a 2:1 turnover ratio...anything less and they simply are not valuing possession.
    You mean like your boy Rubio?

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    You mean like your boy Rubio?
    what does that have to with what I said. if you want to look up someone's assists to turnover ratio then the stat is readily available.

but if your lazy, Lin has the worst assist to turnover ration for a starting pg in the league.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 03-18-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

cool story bro

what does that have to with what I said. if you want to look up someone's assists to turnover ratio then the stat is readily available.

but if your lazy, Lin has the worst assist to turnover ration for a starting pg in the league.
    Russel Westbrook, Brandon Knight, and Mario Chalmers all have worse ratios.

Kobe Bryant and James Harden are also well below him.

You're one of the worst posters on this board. This isn't the first time or even the only player I've seen you spew nonsense about.

Learning to shoot layups Amare4lyfe's Avatar

It's no secret that IGOTGAME is a Rubio homer and hates all other pgs (like Irving and Lin)that are getting the headlines over Rubio. He often praised Rubio this and that. Well, I can't blame him cuz he's a Twolves fan.