Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: insidehoops becoming unbearable due to the nostalgia

insidehoops has only become unbearable when the trolls became unfunnny. board is now littered with corny, unfunny trolls.

NBA sixth man of the year

Whats funny is that I see way more threads trying to diss the old school than vice versa....WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more......

3 Ball is the only one spamming Jordan topics, so just refer to him.....

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    insidehoops has only become unbearable when the trolls became unfunnny. board is now littered with corny, unfunny trolls.
    Or when the mods were given power to ban people for 30 days and started banning people for anything they felt like. While other posters could troll non-stop and absolutely never ever get banned no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Giannis >>>>>>>>>>>> Spanoulis
    A perfect example of a troll post. Yet never once does this clown ever get banned, while dozens of other posters get banned for 30 days for saying something a mod disagreed with personally.

Lol old school trolls.... I never talk old school but I see the old school guys keep to their old school threads when talking old school then whenever they are seen in any other thread everyone just starts trolling them about old school even if they haven't mentioned it at all.

Case and point the AD thread currently up.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by King Jane

aight insidehoops lets make a deal

one thread for all topics about nba history to keep the old folks isolated an happy everyone wins

mj wilt shaq they are retired you can go to the history thread if you are having a bad day

lets keep the nba forum about strictly modern hoops talk thanks

The Nba ****ing sucks now. You seen that Clippers/Warriors game? That shit was a total snooze fest until Curry pulled off that sick dribble move on CP3 and knocked down that three pointer.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Whats funny is that I see way more threads trying to diss the old school than vice versa....WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more......

3 Ball is the only one spamming Jordan topics, so just refer to him.....
    Shhhh, that hurts their "mythologists" and "nostalgia" are ruining the board stance.

Quote Originally Posted by rhowen4
    Yes, I miss how insidehoops used to be. Threads used to contain way more pertinent information.

It's really irritating when people bring up the past as if it's relevent, so I'm on board with your idea King Jane.
    I like nostalgia, tho. There's just a lot of stupid trolling. It's basically not, "Let's appreciate this person." I love the threads people post with clips of old games. I don't always get time to watch them, but I always click them and at least open the video and check it out for a few minutes.

It's just shit like "Westbrook was definitely better than Magic" or Jordan vs LeBron. I just think people need to stop trolling.

Dunno how anyone can be mad at discussing an old player... unless you just don't know him, then that's cool, too. Just ignore the thread. But someone comes in almost always and is like "yeah he's totally better than (current popular player, probably Lebron.)"

I'm all for comparing players, too, but again... it's the same shit over and over again. That's why inside hoops is sometimes unbearable, but I have good sense and I'll go to 2nd or 3rd page if I have to. I can tell by a thread title and who posted it what's going to go down there. Most of the time, unless I'm just looking for the luls, I don't even click it.

-Smak

shhhhhhh

it's really simple.. don't click on threads that discuss old school ball, keep it moving

it's not like there's some limited resource here and ISH can only handle so many threads per day.. it's unlimited, there's more than enough space for threads on any and all NBA topics

that fact as mentioned above is there's more guys going out of their way to act like idiots and bash old school ball for whatever reason then there are posters discussing it and most of the ones that do make threads are actually very knowledgeable on the subject..

anyways those threads are easy to spot and easier to avoid unless you're some weak minded sap that can't control his emotions

"oh nooooos old school thread must click it and act like total fool"

Quote Originally Posted by rhowen4
    Yes, I miss how insidehoops used to be. Threads used to contain way more pertinent information.

It's really irritating when people bring up the past as if it's relevent, so I'm on board with your idea King Jane.
    Nostalgia about there being less nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by King Jane

aight insidehoops lets make a deal

one thread for all topics about nba history to keep the old folks isolated an happy everyone wins

mj wilt shaq they are retired you can go to the history thread if you are having a bad day

lets keep the nba forum about strictly modern hoops talk thanks
    So you are claiming that the only real relevant posts should be post-Shaq...or anything from 11-12 to today...or a 3 year window? BTW, a washed-up, injury-plagued, and dough-boy Shaq hung a 45 point game as recently as 2009.

Incidently in Shaq's LAST season, 2010-11, a 37 year old white guy, only playing 33 mpg, led the NBA in apg.

A 6-7 3/4" white guy ran away with the rpg title, and did so in only 36 mpg.

A 6-11 broken down white center led the NBA in bpg.

And a 6-5 3/4" player started 63 games at CENTER.

The very next year, in 11-12, produced a starting PG that would go on to shoot .357 from the field. And today that same starting PG is currently shooting... .357 from the field.

In 11-12, a player playing 27 mpg, averaged 3.7 bpg.

Just last year, the FMVP was a 6-7 player who averaged 14.3 ppg and 6.7 rpg in his 23 post-season games. This year he is currently averaging 15.5 ppg on a .454 FG%.

The 6-7 3/4" white guy who won a runaway rpg title in 10-11, averaged 26 ppg and 12 rpg just last season.

A 6-9 1/2" center is currently averaging 23.4 ppg, 12.1 rpg, and shooting .467 from the field.

A 38 year old, playing 29.4 mpg, is currently averaging a 14-10 game every night he plays.

A 6-10 1/2" center, who was playing in D-League a short time ago, is currently averaging 11-10 .625, and in 22 mpg, since he was picked up by the Heat.

A 6-3 PG is being touted as an MVP candidate, in a season in which he is shooting .434 from the floor, and with an eFG% of .458, in an NBA that is currently shooting an eFG% of .494.

The current NBA is shooting .753 from the FT line. In the 1958-59 season, the NBA shot .756 from the line.

Again...here is a player who ran away with the rpg title a few years ago, and just last year averaged a 26-12...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7TnbhJr8iY

Yep...we have come a long way since Shaq retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    A perfect example of a troll post. Yet never once does this clown ever get banned, while dozens of other posters get banned for 30 days for saying something a mod disagreed with personally.

Explain how, IN THE NBA, Spanoulis was better than Giannis. Please do so USING THEIR NBA CAREERS. We are on the NBA FORUM and whatever they did in leagues that WERE NOT THE NBA are not applicable.

Decent playground baller ButterFace's Avatar

Why do youngins' hate NBA history so much?

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Explain how, IN THE NBA, Spanoulis was better than Giannis. Please do so USING THEIR NBA CAREERS. We are on the NBA FORUM and whatever they did in leagues that WERE NOT THE NBA are not applicable.
    simple, spanoulis has more euroleagues and he led greece to olympic medals for starters

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Just wait till Kobe retires.
    Not gonna happen