Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Rank your team's strongest and weakest positions

Pretty simple concept, I'll start.

Toronto Raptors

1) PG - Kyle Lowry/Cory Joseph

-Lowry and Joseph are both solid 2 way players and can do it all on the floor (Joseph doesn't have elite range yet, but he's definitely developed nicely). Lowry is the best player on the team and is having a resurgent year (best season so far) in most of his stat categories. His off season workouts payed off.

2) SG - DeMar DeRozan/Terrence Ross

-DeRozan has also had a resurgent year and also having his best season with career highs in almost all his stat categories. Still doesn't have the greatest range, but is taking better shots and leads the league drives and makes on drives. After a slow start to the season, Ross has provided he can be a good 3&D player off the bench. When he can knock down his set shots with confidence, he can potentially be a Toronto's most dangerous scorer.

3) C - Jonas Valanciunas/Bismak Biyombo

-Valanciunas was looking like he would break out into a fringe all-star before his hand injury. He leads the team in double doubles and has shown improvements in his passing (still not at the level I want him to be at), while be one of the top players in the league in contested rebounds. Bismak has a great motor, always rebounding and bringing energy to games. He's still a train wreck on offense if you don't spoon feed him, but he plays his role very well.

4) PF - Luis Scola/Patrick Patterson

-Scola was a surprise starter this season and he is very hit or miss. If he gives you 10+ in quarter, he will likely disappear after that. He is who he is. Patterson has provided spacing and good defense, but I feel it's a disappointing year as he's been very inconsistent in scoring the ball and I'm sure most Raps fans hate that pump fake he's developed at the top of the key.

5) SF - DeMarre Carroll/James Johnson

-Carroll was supposed to be the biggest FA acquisition to turn the team around on defense (that since has been Joseph/Bismak). He's been a complete dud due to injuries and a season long shooting slump. He still provides good defense at times, but the Raptors haven't missed a beat without him. Same goes for James Johnson, who provides a lot when he's motivated but has never put it together to be a consistent role player.

Feel free to give explanations if you like to go into further detail.

Default Re: Rank your team's strongest and weakest positions

I'm gonna rank on 1 to 10 system . 5 is league average level .

PG Rotation - 7 ;

Barea and Felton have good energy and some contribution coming off the bench . Deron playing not bad . PG rotation above than average but not great .

SG Rotation - 4 ;

Matthews so inconsistent . Carlisle usually plays with two point guards . And I like his that system . Carlisle don't need good or great sg rotation . But we don't have any good sg too , other than Wes . So , below average .

SF - 4 ;

I don't understand Parsons playing pf or sf . But he has a lot of minutes from SF position . And that makes to be average level . Not even great , not good . But not bad . Close to average .

PF - 7 ;

Dirk playing poor after Noel . But Dirk is Dirk . He hits the 3's , create space to teammates and scoring , of course . Parsons playing good for a few weaks . Probably best rotation with pg .

C - 6 ;

Zaza and Powell gives good hustle and solid rebounding effort . But there isn't solid defence or solid offence by this rotation . So , slightly above than average .

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Agreed with exactly what you posted.....

At the start of the season I'd have SF over PF due to acquisition of Carroll but yeah..... Scola is been surprisingly good

Banned

Warriors fan here, also new to the forum

Strongest positions SG and PF, weakest PG

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Pretty simple concept, I'll start.

Toronto Raptors

1) PG - Kyle Lowry/Cory Joseph

-Lowry and Joseph are both solid 2 way players and can do it all on the floor (Joseph doesn't have elite range yet, but he's definitely developed nicely). Lowry is the best player on the team and is having a resurgent year (best season so far) in most of his stat categories. His off season workouts payed off.

2) SG - DeMar DeRozan/Terrence Ross

-DeRozan has also had a resurgent year and also having his best season with career highs in almost all his stat categories. Still doesn't have the greatest range, but is taking better shots and leads the league drives and makes on drives. After a slow start to the season, Ross has provided he can be a good 3&D player off the bench. When he can knock down his set shots with confidence, he can potentially be a Toronto's most dangerous scorer.

3) C - Jonas Valanciunas/Bismak Biyombo

-Valanciunas was looking like he would break out into a fringe all-star before his hand injury. He leads the team in double doubles and has shown improvements in his passing (still not at the level I want him to be at), while be one of the top players in the league in contested rebounds. Bismak has a great motor, always rebounding and bringing energy to games. He's still a train wreck on offense if you don't spoon feed him, but he plays his role very well.

4) PF - Luis Scola/Patrick Patterson

-Scola was a surprise starter this season and he is very hit or miss. If he gives you 10+ in quarter, he will likely disappear after that. He is who he is. Patterson has provided spacing and good defense, but I feel it's a disappointing year as he's been very inconsistent in scoring the ball and I'm sure most Raps fans hate that pump fake he's developed at the top of the key.

5) SF - DeMarre Carroll/James Johnson

-Carroll was supposed to be the biggest FA acquisition to turn the team around on defense (that since has been Joseph/Bismak). He's been a complete dud due to injuries and a season long shooting slump. He still provides good defense at times, but the Raptors haven't missed a beat without him. Same goes for James Johnson, who provides a lot when he's motivated but has never put it together to be a consistent role player.

Feel free to give explanations if you like to go into further detail.
    Agreed except I would still place SF over PF. Carroll hasn't done shit yet because of injuries but come playoffs we will need him unless we intend to get torched by the joe johnsons and paul pierces of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Agreed except I would still place SF over PF. Carroll hasn't done shit yet because of injuries but come playoffs we will need him unless we intend to get torched by the joe johnsons and paul pierces of the league.
    If Joe Johnson gets bought out by the Nets and joins the Cavs..... And hits a game winner against us in the playoffs I'll be truly pissed.

I can actually see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    If Joe Johnson gets bought out by the Nets and joins the Cavs..... And hits a game winner against us in the playoffs I'll be truly pissed.

I can actually see this happening.

I would just shrug my shoulders and laugh.

Warriors

PG - A
    SG - A
    SF - A
    PF - A
    C - A

Quote Originally Posted by red1

I would just shrug my shoulders and laugh.

At least Pierce can't touch us now

College superstar

Bulls:

PF (A-)-- Depends on who among our bigs is classified as such. But Pau, Gibson, Portis, Mirotic is really, really deep.
    C (B+)-- Same as above, only Pau, Noah, Gibson (small-ball?)
    SG (B)-- Jimmy Butler is our best player, but there's no depth behind him... so 3rd place.
    PG (B-) -- Rose has not been the Rose of old, but he's been better than our SFs
    SF (C-)-- We started Tony Snell for seemingly half the season. 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo

At least Pierce can't touch us now
    Barring miracles and the planets aligning, Raps in the Clippers could meet in the Finals.

So let's not celebrate too early.

Banned

Sg
    C
    Pf
    Sf
    Pg

Banned

Orlando:

1. SG - Oladipo, Hezonja and Fournier are all solid prospects. Will be interesting to see how they all develop.

2. PF - Aaron Gordon isn't there yet but he shows flashes of an incredibly high potential as an all round player, his defence on Dirk (even though he's old he's still a good scorer) in our last game against the mavs was amazing, Ilyasova behind him for now is good depth with Smith and Nicholson behind that.

3. C - Vucevic is still a solid player he just REALLY needs a rim protecting PF next to him.

4. PG - Would have been higher but Payton has shit the bed lately and has raised question marks on if he is going to fit our other guys. Jennings has been ok in two games with us but I don't know if he's a long term piece as I think we will let him walk.

5. SF - SF last because we don't actually have any pure SFs on the roster. Fournier has been solid and fit wise he works with our roster but he is still under sized when it comes to defending the bigger guys who play that position. Aaron Gordon could move to the three if needed but I think they are trying to use him more as a 4, Hezonja is too skinny for the three right now and I think he's more suited as a SG.

For my take on Orlando basically every position is up in the air

1.) PF - We have an abundance of them, even if Aldridge is overpaid. LaMarcus, Diaw and West is definitely a great trio of PFs

2.) SF - By default. Our best player (who is also a top five or so player in the league) is an SF. Kyle Anderson is an underwhelming backup imo

3.) SG - Danny Green's had a terrible shooting season, but he's still an elite defensive player and Manu when healthy was very good

4.) PG - Tony Parker has had a solid bounceback season and Patty Mills is a good backup when it counts. Ray McCallum really hasn't played but he hasn't been good when given the chance

5.) C - While Tim is our second best player when on the court, his minutes are down and the only other actual Center is Boban, who amazes in flashes but is no where near good enough to play against other teams' first units. We are very thin at C

Serious playground baller Mike smith's Avatar

PG: Westbrook top 5 player average 10 assist a game and leader in steals, cam Payne promising rookie has promising future

Sf: Durant second best player in the game at the moment 4 time scoring champ and former mvp. Kyle singler is a bum

Center: Steven Adams good 2 way center is young and will keep improving. Enes kanter good offensive player, very good offensive rebounder and post scorer complete opposite on defense

Pf. Serge ibaka good midrange and 3 pt shooter, good shot blocker and defender, doesn't have low post game, can't put the ball on the floor and has regressed in rebounding, he needs to take more shots in the paint. Collision veteran player, good locker room player does what he can to help the team

Sg: Andre Roberson very good defender not very good offensive player. Anthony morrow very good shooter that is all. Dion waiters very inconsistent good on ball defender, not good layup maker takes to many step back jumpersand yells and 1 after every missed layup has the talent tho.