Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Agree or disagree: CP3 was the most complete PG ever.

I didn't say highest peak or best career or anything else. I said most "complete". I look at his game and I can't think of one legit weakness. Only one I can think of was his height but he had no control over that. Maybe his lack of "clutch" at times but that's not really a breakdown of his basketball game.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Agree or disagree: CP3 was the most complete PG ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Maybe his lack of "clutch" at times but that's not really a breakdown of his basketball game.
    how convenient

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    how convenient
    This is more of a breakdown of his bball game. If you want to factor in clutch, that's fine. If you disagree, who do you have?

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Agreed. He's the most talented PG of all time plain & simple.

Handles, ball protection, efficiency, high IQ, defense, midrange game, 3 point shot, finishing, leadership etc. He has it all.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Well...

Outside shooting, midrange shooting, attacking the basket, pick and roll scoring and passing, entry passing, lobs, handles....he can guard everyone he should be reasonably expected to...and some he shouldnt. Hes like a 5 time steals leader...so he can play the passing lanes. Hes one of the leagues best leaders from a vocal standpoint....teammates play hard for him. He can rebound...he can play any tempo. One of the best in the open floor or the halfcourt game. He calls plays well id say. Always seems his teams get a good look after say...an offensive rebound and kickout when he calls for a different set.

Hes about as complete as it gets. But im not sure hes any more complete than a few others. I would say...nobody checks more boxes. Some just excel more in this area or that one.

Not many who have his offense are also as good on defense. And the few who are clearly better defenders(Payton....Frazier...couple others) dont tend to have the playmaking.

You could argue Payton was a notch or two behind Paul as playmaker but more than a notch ahead as a defender. And Payton rebounded his ass off. Worse shooter though. Better post player.

Both of them hard to top far as having the total game in the last 20 years.

Agree.

You could take a major part of his game away and he would still be an all-star caliber player.

Take away his passing and he's Kyle Lowry level.

Take away his scoring and he's Rondo level.

Take away his defense and he's prime D-Will level.

Take away his efficiency and he's Wall level.

Very good NBA starter

He's a great example of a very athletic PG that matured his game.

I remember his first 3 years in the league. dunking on people occasionally and was very quick.

He's molded his offensive game into an old man style and is still a 20 PPG scorer while dishing out assists and rebounds. He's very skilled.

i guess so, but he's just lacked that killer instinct..call it "a set of balls in the big moments" that guys like Westbrook or Kyrie do.

He's more like a KD...awesome in 3.5 quarters, but can't be trusted with in the clutch nor is willing to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Well...

Outside shooting, midrange shooting, attacking the basket, pick and roll scoring and passing, entry passing, lobs, handles....he can guard everyone he should be reasonably expected to...and some he shouldnt. Hes like a 5 time steals leader...so he can play the passing lanes. Hes one of the leagues best leaders from a vocal standpoint....teammates play hard for him. He can rebound...he can play any tempo. One of the best in the open floor or the halfcourt game. He calls plays well id say. Always seems his teams get a good look after say...an offensive rebound and kickout when he calls for a different set.

Hes about as complete as it gets. But im not sure hes any more complete than a few others. I would say...nobody checks more boxes. Some just excel more in this area or that one.

Not many who have his offense are also as good on defense. And the few who are clearly better defenders(Payton....Frazier...couple others) dont tend to have the playmaking.

You could argue Payton was a notch or two behind Paul as playmaker but more than a notch ahead as a defender. And Payton rebounded his ass off. Worse shooter though. Better post player.

Both of them hard to top far as having the total game in the last 20 years.
    Don't forget his back to the basket game, which he will go to when he has guys similar in size guarding him, which isn't often.

And in terms of just playing defense, I don't think he takes a back seat to anyone. Obviously, guys like Payton, Frazier and Kidd were taller and longer so they had a NATURAL advantage. So in that sense, you have to give them the nod. But in terms of just playing D, he was about as good as it gets. I've seen this guy literally force a steal when he wanted too after making a bad play several times. He had that type of on the ball D ability.

Payton was pretty complete but CP3 clearly had the edge in passing, ability to break down defenders, TO/assist ratio, efficiency, shooting (midrange and 3) and FT shooting. So I don't think it's close to be honest.

I didn't say highest peak or best career or anything else. I said most "complete". I look at his game and I can't think of one legit weakness. Only one I can think of was his height but he had no control over that. Maybe his lack of "clutch" at times but that's not really a breakdown of his basketball game.

Thoughts?
    He's short, Tyreke Evans is more complete, he just needs a slightly better jumpshot

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Paul is such an odd case to me. I suspect ive seen him hit more foul line jumpers under pressure than almost anyone in the last 10 years but people seem to genuinely not remember them happening. That guy is always hitting someone with a stepback or stop on a dime jumper from 16 feet to take or extend the lead late. The way people talk you would think hes afraid to take the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Boy
    He's short, Tyreke Evans is more complete, he just needs a slightly better jumpshot
    What is it with you and Evans? Are you his mother or something?

What is it with you and Evans? Are you his mother or something?
    He's my favorite player and he's so disrespected

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Boy
    Tyreke has a trash J and can only finish with one hand. If opponents read the scouting report he gets shut down. Has he ever even played in the playoffs?

Don't put him in the same sentence as CP3.

Tyreke's stats in the playoffs (where teams actually give a damn):

4 games, 31 mpg
    10ppg, 5apg, 5rpg
    33% shooting
    18% 3p shooting

ugly

Fantastic athlete with a great handle, and no polish to any other part of his game. He's essentially a 16 year old LeBron.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 10-07-2016 at 11:45 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I'd go with Stockton as the most complete. In terms of the skillset PG's in particular should possess I'd say Stockton did a slightly better job