Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: 10 Best Players For 2000-2010 AllTime

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    You just need to stay calm. We all know how you can overrate D-Wade.

Come on man. Don't try and disparage Wade by talking like Wade didn't earn those free throws. Whatever bad calls he got were not the difference.

And don't act like David Robinson didn't clear the bench in 03, just like Patrick Ewing in 97, only for Barkley to go on TNT and personally ask Stern not to suspend any players and particularly not David Robinson. Let's not act like no Spur wasn't suspended then and like Amare wasn't suspended against the Spurs themselves four seasons later.

I have Duncan #2, no doubt. Definitely has to be ahead of Shaq and definitely has to be ahead of Garnett, because when given the chance Duncan was terrific and that run in 2003 was legendary.

But please don't act like Duncan had anything other than a strong cast. And more importantly don't have the audacity to act like that Spurs team in 03 wasn't better than any team Kevin Garnett ever had in Minnesota and that includes the one he had the next year, in 03/04.

Seriously. Duncan earned his shit and his place is cemented. No need to diminish anyone else with made up bullshit.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 03-16-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Yeah yeah. Whatever.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=241165

Actually there is no point of arguing with you.
    Actually, it goes the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Come on man. Don't try and disparage Wade by talking like Wade didn't earn those free throws. Whatever bad calls he got were not the difference.
    So you're good with that someone saying Wade > Kidd (&Nash) coz of ref supported 1 ring? I'm not exactly saying the Heat won that series thanks to refs. But the refs had a huge impact on that series. There were some serious number of bad calls.

And don't act like David Robinson didn't clear the bench in 03, just like Patrick Ewing in 97, only for Barkley to go on TNT and personally ask Stern not to suspend any players and particularly not David Robinson. Let's not act like no Spur wasn't suspended then and like Amare wasn't suspended against the Spurs themselves three seasons later.
    Every championship team had arguably the refs help. But in their conference. I mean 2002 Kings-Lakers series for example aside of Amare's suspension. But there is nothing such as 2006 FINALS. We didn't see that much refs impact before and later. And we won't.

I have Duncan #2, no doubt. Definitely has to be ahead of Shaq and definitely has to be ahead of Garnett, because when given the chance Duncan was terrific and that run in 2003 was legendary.
    Just top 3 is clear. They can be ranked in any order.

But please don't act like Duncan had anything other than a strong cast. And more importantly don't have the audacity to act like that Spurs team in 03 wasn't better than any team Kevin Garnett ever had in Minnesota and that includes the one he had the next year, in 03/04.

Seriously. Duncan earned his shit and his place is cemented. No need to diminish anyone else with made up bullshit.
    I do not disrespect KG's 2004 playoff run but while Duncan had multiple great playoff runs (and one them can be in the goat title run debate) KG had only 1 in 2004.

So you're good with that someone saying Wade > Kidd (&Nash) coz of ref supported 1 ring? I'm not exactly saying the Heat won that series thanks to refs. But the refs had a huge impact on that series. There were some serious number of bad calls.

Every championship team had arguably the refs help. But in their conference. I mean 2002 Kings-Lakers series for example aside of Amare's suspension. But there is nothing such as 2006 FINALS. We didn't see that much refs impact before and later. And we won't.

Just top 3 is clear. They can be ranked in any order.

I do not disrespect KG's 2004 playoff run but while Duncan had multiple great playoff runs (and one them can be in the goat title run debate) KG had only 1 in 2004.

I have Duncan ahead of Garnett overall and this past decade (same thing), simply because Duncan did do it in the playoffs.

I'm not gonna hold it against KG that his team sucked and he couldn't do anything with it. Same way I won't hold it against Duncan that he did get there and he got better every time it counted.

The Lakers-Kings thing is a whole other thing. That Lakers title does not count. And it annoys me when so many people rip Wade because they have the nerve to make it sound like the refs won it and not Wade and the Heat (and the Mavs did choke Game 3 as well, tho the Heat beat them plain and simple the next 3 games).

The same people who don't want to give Wade that credit go on to give Shaq credit for a 3peat. My ass. That was horrendous. And seeing the kind of player Shaq was, it just annoys me to see him with 4 rings and a 3peat. People kill Kobe for being 2nd to Shaq for a 3peat, but people don't bring it up the same way against Shaq when he rode Wade. And after that first title, Shaq was not as far ahead of Kobe as Wade was of that version of O'Neal.

But now I'm getting sidetracked...Nash wasn't as beastly in the beginning of this decade so I had him one spot below Wade on my list. I kept changing it, but I took Wade because of the 06 run. That's interchangeable. But Jason Kidd is locked at #5, ahead of Dirk, Pierce (who no one wants to list), Wade, Nash, Lebron.