Page 86 of 166 FirstFirst ... 36768384858687888996136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2487

Default Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah, that's why I don't put too much thought into the summer league. Most of the D-League players who play summer league say the D-League is way more competition, which I would believe. Plus there's always guys who dominate the summer league who suck in the regular season and guys who suck in summer league who turn out to be really good players. It's interesting to watch because it's all we have in the summer and we want to see the new rookies for our teams but it's hard to take serious.
    That is why I just mentioned 2 players not 7 or more plus I did say the words "its just the SPL..."
    Jordan was selected by the Lakers in the 2nd round, pretty much like Ryan Kelly last season. Yeah, he'll probably not play major mins this coming year, but I thought we are talking about young kids "showing promise" here, as in guys showing some abilities, like staying infront of your man defensively, actually putting the ball into the hoop from beyond 20 feet etc, attacking the teeth of the defense etc.
    Lastly, Lakers just waived another guard who had a decent assist/game in Kendal Marshall, so who knows, maybe Clarkson has a decent chance getting minutes.

Still no coach......

I know Mitch said they would take their time....but man I just know once we get a coach we will find out what direction this franchise is really going.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Still no coach......

I know Mitch said they would take their time....but man I just know once we get a coach we will find out what direction this franchise is really going.
    the rumor is that they are waiting to see what happens with Doc Rivers, who said that if Sterling is around by season beginning, he will leave.

Good move if they did wait for that reason. Very very good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    the rumor is that they are waiting to see what happens with Doc Rivers, who said that if Sterling is around by season beginning, he will leave.

So Rivers will just quit?
    Man what about the players?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak

that Pelicans job sure look a lot more attractive than the Lakers one though

Isn't the Lakers now known for the inability to attract big name FA?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    So Rivers will just quit?
    Man what about the players?
    there are worse places than Los Angeles to live in I've been told

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

what happened to shannon brown? knicks just waived him..i remember him doing pretty well in phoenix

shhhhhhh

Lakers deny they are waiting on Doc

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/20...-availability/

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    that Pelicans job sure look a lot more attractive than the Lakers one though

Isn't the Lakers now known for the inability to attract big name FA?
    omg, I really think Monty Williams had one of the top five disappointing seasons last year. Yes, Mike Brown and MDA were too but I really think after opening their wallets last summer, that they would atleast be in the hunt.

NBA lottery pick

The Pelicans have a few good young players but I didn't expect them to be in the playoff hunt in the West. In the Eastern conference they would have had a chance.

NBA All-star

The Pelicans have a few good young players but I didn't expect them to be in the playoff hunt in the West. In the Eastern conference they would have had a chance.
    they have such a better chance at pulling off an upset with the West though

when you add Jrue Holiday's 18 pts/8 assists per AND Tyreke Evan's 16pts/game to Eric Gordon who was still good, Aminu and esp Davis' 21pts/10rebs/3 blocks per game, you would think they should atleast be competing. Yes, they lost Anderson but 16 games below .500?
    This team on paper is better than Dallas, Suns, Memphis IMO.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    when you add Jrue Holiday's 18 pts/8 assists per AND Tyreke Evan's 16pts/game to Eric Gordon who was still good, Aminu and esp Davis' 21pts/10rebs/3 blocks per game, you would think they should atleast be competing. Yes, they lost Anderson but 16 games below .500?
    This team on paper is better than Dallas, Suns, Memphis IMO.
    I really like Holiday and obviously Davis is a beast. Evans has been so-so since his rookie season. I wouldn't even want Eric Gordon on my team, at least at his price. He should be a guy coming off the bench for some offense. I like Anderson too, but he's really just a stretch 4 role player. He knocks down shots but even in Orlando they weren't good. Aminu I think we can see what the league views him as since he was a FA. It's a team that's still a few pieces off. There's a lot of teams we would have said were better than the Suns before last season. They tried to tank last season lol. I don't think the roster is better than Dallas or Memphis though. I think that Pau Gasol trade hurt them too. They could have had Pau next to Davis averaging a double double. Instead they have Gordon who can hardly stay on the court and is greatly overpaid for what he does.

I really like Holiday and obviously Davis is a beast. Evans has been so-so since his rookie season. I wouldn't even want Eric Gordon on my team, at least at his price. He should be a guy coming off the bench for some offense. I like Anderson too, but he's really just a stretch 4 role player. He knocks down shots but even in Orlando they weren't good. Aminu I think we can see what the league views him as since he was a FA. It's a team that's still a few pieces off. There's a lot of teams we would have said were better than the Suns before last season. They tried to tank last season lol. I don't think the roster is better than Dallas or Memphis though. I think that Pau Gasol trade hurt them too. They could have had Pau next to Davis averaging a double double. Instead they have Gordon who can hardly stay on the court and is greatly overpaid for what he does.
    Aahh,
    Eric Gordon has averaged 16.4 pts(18.7pts per 36 mins) in 3 yrs at New Orleans, nearly 40%from the 3pt line last year.
    Tyreke Evans hovered around 16.6pts after his rookie year at Sacramento including 48% FG 2 yrs ago.
    You described Davis is a beast so it's safe to say, he's almost equal if not better than Dirk. If you really like Holiday, then he cancels out Monta Ellis
    and I forgot about Anthony Morrow.....
    Yes, even with this lineup, maybe it's still tough for them to crack the top 8 but 16 games below .500? To me they were just bad as a team who didn't compete... 3rd worst in defensive rating inspite of Davis averaging 3 blocks/game!
    Ranked 9 worst in the entire league after you signed 2 not one, really good freeagents 22 mil/yr combined plus a beast in Davis?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m
    RT @adbrandt: Judge has ruled for Shelly Sterling on all counts. Stage is set for Ballmer $2 billion transaction to go through. #Clippers
    It's basically over, fellows. Told you guys no judge will stand for this.