Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default So 34 yr old Kobe is a top 3 player, but 27 yr old Kobe wouldnt be the best?

fail logic.

Prime Kobe absolutely dominates this league on both sides of the ball and would probably average around 40 ppg, 6 assists, 7 boards, 2 steals, 1 block.

So, ISH, tell me again why prime Kobe wouldnt be the best? He averaged 35ppg seeing double and triple teams night in night out. 27 yr young Kobe on a decent squad would go B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Default Re: So 34 yr old Kobe is a top 3 player, but 27 yr old Kobe wouldnt be the best?

So 34 yr old Kobe is a top 3 player, but 27 yr old Kobe wouldnt be the best?

Yes. He would be a very close second.

Now a Cavs fan again

Default Re: So 34 yr old Kobe is a top 3 player, but 27 yr old Kobe wouldnt be the best?

LeBron is easily better, though prime Kobe would be #2 ahead of Durant for sure.

He'd be right up there. Prime Kobe was incredible.

I still think Lebron would be slightly better overall, but it would be amazing to see both of them in the same league.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    LeBron is easily better,.
    explain why Kobe has routinely outplayed Lebron in all star games and olympic games?

when squads are even up, Kobe is clearly the better player. CLEARLY.

Samurai Swoosh

Peak Kobe is an arguable 1a / 1b scenario w/ current LeBron

There is only a handful of players that I've seen that I would take over peak Kobe, and current LeBron

Jordan
    Bird
    Hakeem
    Magic

and MAYBE Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23

There is only a handful of players that I've seen that I would take over peak Kobe, and current LeBron

Jordan
    Bird
    Hakeem
    Magic

and MAYBE Shaq
    i agree. but peak shaq (those 3 years) absolutely is in the discussion.. along with 03-07 Timmy.

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    explain why Kobe has routinely outplayed Lebron in all star games and olympic games?

when squads are even up, Kobe is clearly the better player. CLEARLY.
    Even when Lebron was in Cleveland with inferior teammates, he outplayed Kobe in terms of statistical production and won 8 out of their 13 meetings.

2011 he could easily be #1 but not 2012 and 2013 IMO

Jordan
    Bird
    Hakeem
    Magic

and MAYBE Shaq
    This is revisionist history. Prime Kobe was never talked about in the light that current Lebron is getting talked about. People are talking about this season and level of play on a historical sense and in comparison to all time greats, in terms of both winning and the statistical efficiency at which hes doing it. Kobe was great, but Lebron is clearly better. He would be the second best player in the league.

Magic has no case in this discussion. Bird I wouldn't put over current Lebron either, though he is definitely better than peak Kobe. Same with Jordan being better than Kobe.
    Shaq is the only inarguable one over Lebron that you mentioned, but that goes for just about any player ever.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

He would be number 2. you fail to realize that while kobe is still a top 5 player the gap between him and James is MASSIVE at this point.

Lebron

27 year old Kobe

Durant

Current Kobe

Jordan
    Bird
    Hakeem
    Magic

and MAYBE Shaq
    Agree with most of this.

Except I think Shaq had the best peak of anyone not named Jordan.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Jordan
    Bird
    Hakeem
    Magic

and MAYBE Shaq
    Current James is easily better than peak Kobe.

Itd be a 1.a 1.b type thing. Lebron is great at getting stats but his influence on winning isnt as big as people think it is. He benefits greatly from being on a stacked team. If teams were similiar strength I could see Kobe over taking Lebron more often than not.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Even when Lebron was in Cleveland with inferior teammates, he outplayed Kobe in terms of statistical production and won 8 out of their 13 meetings.
    Lebron had a better supporting cast 04-05, 05-06, 06-07, and it's arguable for 07-08.

08-09 (Lakers were better but it was pretty close)

09-10 (Still very close)

Cavs from 08-10 won 60+ games each year & finished first in the east. HEAT have yet to finish 1st in east (this year they will though) which is a good indicator that Lebron didn't win 60+ games b2b seasons by himself. Those Cavs teams were built very well for the Superstar they were building it for