Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Pistons 2016 Offseason Moves

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    He would be a great mentor for KCP, and Rip might be one of the best ever at moving without the ball and working off screen's to light his offense. Would be a valuable well for KCP to drink from for a year...

But, is he going to contribute more on the court than say Hilliard or Bullock, who project to be backing KCP up this year? Not to mention Stanley will also play some 2... Hrmmm...
    I think Rip would be great, but not exactly for KCP right now.

KCP is in a contract year. He's trying to get money. The way Rip played was high energy, all the time. Rip was good on defense, but not KCP good. If KCP started trying to play like Rip this season, I truly believe his stats would go down because he doesn't have the endurance for it. And not only does he not have endurance for it, he is placed on the best wing players. (Stanley Johnson will start playing this role more and more) This will be a lot of cardiowork that KCP needs to be putting in now to prepare him for an 82 game season, including back-to-backs.

I think a Rip signing would be good for our upcoming rookies and young wings, but for KCP, not this year. He's trying to get money. And trying to add Rip's style into the mix isn't the greatest of ideas for his bank account. Remember, the biggest problem with KCP right now is offensive consistency. Less energy, less consistency. KCP and his agent are well aware of these factors.

NBA lottery pick

We just have way to many wings to give him a chance.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

And, if you are Rip, and you suceed with your comeback, you have one.. mayyyybe two years.

Surely you would come back to gun for a title,

Are the Pistons in that window right now? Probably not - so doesn't make sense I guess for both Pistons or Rip.

There are 6 or 7 teams out there that could use him. I always thought he would make a good Spur, so potentially might be an option? Or even Clips / GSW / Cavs / Celts / Grizz / Raps should all take a look at him.

One of the most underated tangibles in basketball is being able to fatigue your opponent - guarding Rip for 4 minutes would do that to you - and is probably at this stage of his career his biggest pro that a team would be looking for...

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, there's that . I also think he saw the money getting thrown around lol. He said it wasn't that, but who can be certain. He should chase a belt though.

Please do nothing the Cavs. It already stung my eyes to see him, Ben wallace, James edwards, John salley, and Dennis Rodman in bulls jerseys. Not another division rival taking our legends....

NBA lottery pick

I'd be surprised if he got a job.

NBA lottery pick

Drummond is apparently expected to shoot his FT's better next season.
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2016/7...-kcp-extension

Well, considering he shot 35% (not even sure how that is possible!) I would HOPE we see some improvement.

If he can get to 50% that is a HUGE win for us / him.

NBA lottery pick

50% is still unacceptable. I think he can definitely shoot over 60%. I think anyone could learn to do that.

50% is extremely acceptable - it is all relative, anyone who can increase their free throw % by 15% in one offseason deserves a heap of praise.

50% would be a magnificent result for Dre / us.

Would we like it higher? Ofcourse, but we are talking about a 35% free throw shooter, so a 15% increase would be huge for us...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    50% is still unacceptable. I think he can definitely shoot over 60%. I think anyone could learn to do that.
    They can't. In fact, FTs are one of the least improved skills for NBA players. Its much harder to improve than people think.

If Drummond hits 50, that would be awesome

NBA lottery pick

It's literally a skill a kid can learn. I shot over 80% in 5th grade.

This is where neuroplasticity comes into play.

A 23 year old who has been playing basketball all his life can not "suddenly" learn how to do something (although there can be exceptions to this rule).

You do realize that Dre would have been a terrible free throw shooter all his life, and people talk about him not caring about this facet of the game.

Ocourse he would. Ofcourse he would try and improve his weakness, year in year out.

The kid just can not shoot free throws. For him to improve 15% in one off-season is almost too big of an ask, and if he gets to 50% this year, that would be one of the biggest improvements in NBA history.

Yes 50% is terrible, but when speaking in relatives, 50% is amazing for Dre if he can get there this year...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It's literally a skill a kid can learn. I shot over 80% in 5th grade.
    Its a skill a kid can have, Yes, some people can learn it. It varies greatly though and is unlikely to be improved substantially after the age of 20 or so. Drummond may be an exception because his form is so awful, but he first has to find a form that works for him, then he has to practice it a ton(more than one summer likely) and then has to get over the psychological part(he's over 65% in practice)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17...-foul-epidemic

That's a good article on the subject.

Welcome back to the motor city, Ray McCallum Jr,

Not the worst option for a 3rd string PG, but man I really feel for Lorenzo Brown, he couldn't have impressed anymore at the summer league, think he averaged 4 steals per game and showed out in most games - think he was very stiff not to get that 3rd string role.

However - in SVG we trust so he either saw something in Brown he wasn't a fan of, or hopefully, sees something in McCallum that others have failed to see.

At the end of the day, whether it was Brown or now McCallum, if they were to be a part of any meaningful game time - that would be worrying for us... At best they are garbage time / injury covering players