Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Default Spurs Schedule About To Get Easy

After tonight's win against the Blazers, the Spurs have 8 of their next 9 against sub-.500 teams, and the only one above is the Warriors. This win streak could get big and they could really create some separation with the rest of the league.

Default Re: Spurs Schedule About To Get Easy

They might rest their starters and drop a few though.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I'm not sure they give up the 1st seed if they think they can keep it. Looking at the west right now there is no way in hell I'd want to play through the number 2 seed. Given some of the match up issues they would have with OKC and Houston I'm thinking they want home court.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I really hope the Spurs can keep winning and hold on to the 1st seed. The Clippers' schedule looks pretty easy and so I think they will keep on winning and hold on to that 3rd seed. If San Antonio grabs the 1st seed, that's perfect for Houston because they don't face OKC or LAC until the conference finals; if they ever get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    When has that ever translated to losses for the spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    I really hope the Spurs can keep winning and hold on to the 1st seed. The Clippers' schedule looks pretty easy and so I think they will keep on winning and hold on to that 3rd seed. If San Antonio grabs the 1st seed, that's perfect for Houston because they don't face OKC or LAC until the conference finals; if they ever get that far.
    We need Houston to get the 3rd seed.

Hopefully they do so we can face Dallas in the First Round, then the Clippers or Trailblazers or Warriors (depending on seedings and who wins the mathcups), then it will have to be either Houston or the Rockets.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 03-13-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    When has that ever translated to losses for the spurs?
    He said win streak. So yes, I can see 1 or 2 losses here and there.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    We need Houston to get the 3rd seed.

Hopefully they do so we can face Dallas in the First Round, then the Clippers or Trailblazers or Warriors (depending on seedings and who wins the mathcups), then it will have to be either Houston or the Rockets.
    If Clippers keep winning and hold on to the 3rd seed I can definitely see Pop resting his starters hoping to lose a few games so OKC can reclaim the 1st seed.

Those games are always the most dangerous. Be interesting how Pop plays things.

Great college starter

OKC has their number. Ibaka goaltending is never called. Playing under the rim like the Spurs do is not the way to beat Ibaka. Plus the refs.

Western conference playoffs will be pretty interesting. East is a joke. Anything other than a Indy vs. Miami ECF would be crazy.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Western conference playoffs will be pretty interesting. East is a joke. Anything other than a Indy vs. Miami ECF would be crazy.
    Unfair that the east winner will be pretty fresh by the finals. Heat vs Pacers will be the only tough series.
    The west is way more competitive.

As I am currently without a team, with the Sixers in the crapper for the next year or two, I love the Spurs, man. I felt so bad when they lost last year in the Finals.

Can they do it this year again ? At the end of the day, it will still come down to Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, believe it or not. I know, I know, they have a deeper team, but in the Playoffs, when it really counts, in a close game, Pop will call on their numbers again, and age could become a factor again.

I really hope I'm wrong as I am tired of "hero ball", and I would like to restore the superiority of team ball in the NBA.