Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    National High School Star

Default Re: Is LeBron one of the best half-court scorers of all time?

Bulls with no Jimmy, Noah and Rose on minutes restrictions. No Rose in the 4th.
    but sure LeFlops a bitch.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    I mean, the way he shredded the best defense Bulls got me thinking...

LeBron can pull up from anywhere

Can hit contested J's

Diverse skillset from the triple threat position

Can attack the basket at will

Great fundamentals

Can post up anyone

What do you think?
    -90% of his jumpshot were open J, he's the only player perimeter player that was given and was dare to shoot wide open jumpshot as a defense strategy.
    -all he has is drive, dunk and spot at 3's.
    -LOL if he was given an open lane, but in traffic? no he'll just pass LOL
    -LOL he's not fundamentally sound, he's not a technical player, bad footwork, his pumpfake suck, his off-the ball offense sucks, OUTside of oscar flop, he don't have any craftiness and intangible.
    -LOL No he can't

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    From all my years of watching basketball, i can tell you no one can score better than lebron. Not wilt, not kareem, nor mj. Literally no one can shut him down, cept the refs.
    agreed - and we are talking about a player who's BEST with THE basketball.

"When he returned after the lockout, he was a totally different player," Spoelstra says. "It was as if he downloaded a program with all of Olajuwon's and Ewing's post-up moves. I don't know if I've seen a player improve that much in a specific area in one offseason. His improvement in that area alone transformed our offense to a championship level in 2012.

"His post game is beautiful," Hakeem mentions
    hakeem, quite possibly THE best low post player, acknowledging the evolution of lebron's post game. of course - lebron is at his best, playmaking for his team and not wasting possessions with his back to the basket. his best asset is his passing - everyone knows that.

what's interesting though, is that it took a number of different things to come into play for lebron to truly embrace his back to the basket. iirc, chris bosh was injured against the pacers during the 2012 playoffs (that's right - the 2012 ECF) - and the heat adjusted by spreading their shooters out and playing its best player inside.

naturally it was a work in progress (the arch angel and lebron system employed was successful all regular season), but it worked masterfully when it counted most:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7EUe5V-5PY#t=0m18s

just a beautiful step back from the mid-to-low post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ5GZhEYLnk

^^^^ fast forward to the 2013 finals. here we see him taking it to the basket with a quick spin, instead. notice how leonard plays lebron in the middle, practically opening up the baseline? lebron simply reverses - and gets an off hand beauty to go down (imo, this is where lebron is most dangerous- executing with concise footwork in tight spaces).

this is why i say, lebron is a nightmare for defenses in the post. defenses have to double quick, on any spot on the floor, but especially down low where he can counter you with his off hand, or kick it out to shooters with his brilliant passing - essentially you're trying to defend the indefensible