Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: ESPN forecast has KD with 93% chance of winning w/86% of votes

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Please guys try to comprehend what i am really implying instead of implying what you THINK i am implying.... i dont even know how you could misinterpret that statement to the point where you think im saying Lebron did better / Should be MVP or something....... ridicilous...

All i did was explain to Budadii WHY 1 or 2-4 of the hypothetical 50 voters might give the #1 vote for Lebron instead of Durant....

Durant has done more, but not enough to get 100% votes.... thats impossible, i dont even know if that has happened before...

Lebron has not done enough to take it away from Durant, but he has done enough to keep Durant from getting 100% of these kindof votes like ESPN just had.... understand?

Dude, this post is different to what you first posted, you talked about "voter fatigue" being a factor in why Durant gets a number of his votes, which we both know isn't true, then you go ahead and say it is closer than we think it is, which is entirely different to 1-3 votes for LeBron like you are now saying, stick to one arguement rather than chipping and changing, voter fatigue has nothing to do with it, Durant was better this regular season, which is why he will get the most votes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    KD is ahead generally, but its a bit closer than you think, some voters will vote for Lebron because they look at the whole thing more objectively.... you see if Lebron was another player (who never won the MVP) who did the things he did this season he would have got much higher attention and/or even have a chance of robbing that MVP from Durant, there is a bit of voter fatigue, each time you win MVP you have to do even better than the previous MVP run to raise eyebrows yet again because by now everybody know what to expect from you.... so when somebody like KD bursts out, its just fresh, its alot more eyebrow raising, like the "Yea Lebron, but you didnt have 41 straight 25 point games, breaking Jordans record!"... at the end of the day KD deserves to win the MVP and he should win it.

Fcuking pauk.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I expect Durant to win but for some reason I don't expect it to be a landslide...maybe it's cause he's not getting his D sucked like Rose did or how LeBron does in general by the media.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I get all of that.... did you miss my point?

They were asked who WILL win the award and seven people said LeBron...

I'm asking how these experts could actually get such an obvious 'prediction' wrong.

I don't care who they think is the MVP it's just odd that they don't know how it's gonna turn out.
    If shaq didn't get 100% of the votes neither would Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I get all of that.... did you miss my point?

They were asked who WILL win the award and seven people said LeBron...

I'm asking how these experts could actually get such an obvious 'prediction' wrong.

I don't care who they think is the MVP it's just odd that they don't know how it's gonna turn out.
    Yep, but just like they predicted wrong there it will also maybe be somebody giving at least one #1 vote to Lebron when the official MVP voting results come out soon for same reason (whatever it is), thats nothing though, dont be surprised if you see 1 of those many voters give a #1 vote to somebody even more unexpected.... like mentioned for example Melo (last year) got 1, the rest (120) went all to Lebron, if one or more went to KD instead of Melo it would be more understandable as he i think did more than Melo... it is what it is, call it bias or whatever, but there is always that 1 (or more) rebellious voters...
    Last edited by pauk; 04-13-2014 at 08:47 PM.