Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: What percentage of ISH posters...

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=40617

Here are three experiments that you can try to prove that the earth is flat

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427
    If you look at the debate on those thread, it's just like any other argument on ISH, or any other place on the internet. The only difference is that it's a ridiculous topic, the Earth being flat. But the authority, the reaching for stuff to support ones argument, it's all the same.

Since the arguments on ISH and other places on the internet don't involved extremely ridiculous topics, people never realize how for the most part everyone talks out of their behind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Yep. This. It's the reason why idiots would take Marc Gasol over Dwight Howard, beause Gasol shoots jumpers and Howard hits only half his FT's.

1%

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    If you look at the debate on those thread, it's just like any other argument on ISH, or any other place on the internet. The only difference is that it's a ridiculous topic, the Earth being flat. But the authority, the reaching for stuff to support ones argument, it's all the same.

Since the arguments on ISH and other places on the internet don't involved extremely ridiculous topics, people never realize how for the most part everyone talks out of their behind.
    This link is absolutely fascinating but I must say there are some critical differences between that board and ISH

That board is filled with people who are certifiably, scientifically wrong about their claims.

Saying "Lebron is a choker" cannot be scientifically proven or disproven. This is largely a discussion of opinion. If you want to say the link you provided is an open ended discussion of opinion, that's scary.

Edit just realized in addition to what I stated above, that website is actually a satire of fundamentalist Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    This link is absolutely fascinating but I must say there are some critical differences between that board and ISH

That board is filled with people who are certifiably, scientifically wrong about their claims.

Saying "Lebron is a choker" cannot be scientifically proven or disproven. This is largely a discussion of opinion. If you want to say the link you provided is an open ended discussion of opinion, that's scary.

Edit just realized in addition to what I stated above, that website is actually a satire of fundamentalist Christianity.
    Well that's much closer to fact than opinion but I see what you're saying.

Banned

Jameer posting in this thread??

He knows the least about basketball on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir

Yes, it's satire, though there are people just as delusional out there, and an actual flat Earth society. I didn't want to mention in my post that it's satire, because it takes away that shock factor.

I understand your point, but I didn't quite explain my point well, because sometimes it's just hard to put certain concept into words.

My point is that even on the simplest arguments, people ignored certain things, or don't use logic in order to win a discussion. Similar to that website.