Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: What percentage of ISH posters...

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Why is Derek Fisher in the league and Arenas is not?
    One has remarkable durability and brings some veteran experience, while being good in certain situations, the other doesn't and by all accounts should be off all teams because of the whole gun thing. Don't want that drama. Besides, his game really regressed badly.

Joakim Noah --> mediocre talent, supreme heart. great player
    Andrew Bynum --> very good talent, total joke with no heart. lousy player

make sense?

Also to OP, the answer is honestly probably about 20%. ISH is a troll playground, there are very few people here who are both interested in real debate and insightful enough to contribute to it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    He might be wrong about who actually has these qualities, .
    That's why I don't buy it. You can talk out of your ass with these terms. I put little to no stock in them.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Budadiii, what does killer instinct mean? Please define the term so we're on the same page. Why is that LeBron is said not to posses it whereas it's the basis for overrating Kobe. Please define it.
    LeBron doesn't have killer instinct, but he has a ton of heart. I commented on this a while back, LeBron has what I call survival instinct. He's at his best when he's backed into a corner on the verge of total collapse, but he lacks the knack for turning up the pressure and intensity when the enemy is on the verge of defeat. Jordan had that killer instinct, like a shark when they smell blood in the water, they naturally "go in for the kill". LeBron is more like a rhino or something... like he's kind by nature and doesn't want to fight you, but if you **** with him enough he will stampede you and then go back to eating shrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I have a lot of those moments where I open up a reply box, start typing, then decide... nah... not worth it.
    Happens to me all the time, for various reasons.

You'll almost never see me in a Wilt/KAJ/Russell or any other 50s-70s thread, because I have no idea what I'm talking about there and I'm not going to pretend I do.

Same thing with troll threads, to a lesser degree. I still post quite frequently in blatant troll threads, but not nearly as much as I used to. It's just not worth it anymore. Especially considering the trolling field seems to be at an all time low. You have little ISH houseflies buzzing around throwing "You madd?" and "He shook" comments everywhere. Say what you will about 9er, Silk, even TonyMontana, they're creative and in TM's case, pretty intelligent.

As far as knowing what I'm talking about goes, I'm confident about what I say about 1999-today. I've also watched a lot of footage from the 90s, but I didn't watch it live so I'm not as confident. Anything before 1986 or so I've only seen highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Budadiii, what does killer instinct mean? Please define the term so we're on the same page. Why is that LeBron is said not to posses it whereas it's the basis for overrating Kobe. Please define it.
    It's not about just being fearless. Joe Johnson is considered clutch and fearless, but he doesn't have the winning intangibles I'm looking for.

Killer instinct and heart are just one aspect. Off the court intangibles are another, leadership another, bla bla. It's easy to find what I'm talking about and how it translates into winning basketball.

it's why Chris Paul is the best PG in the league. LeBron does have those winning intangibles, he just lacks the 'killer' part that would put him over the edge. And compared to most, he does have heart and desire, just not on the level of Westbrook or Jordan or Kobe or Durant which is the standard we hold him to.

But he's a good teammate and he's dedicated to getting better, head on straight, cerebral player who impacts the game at a high level.

LeBron doesn't have killer instinct, but he has a ton of heart. I commented on this a while back, LeBron has what I call survival instinct. He's at his best when he's backed into a corner on the verge of total collapse, but he lacks the knack for turning up the pressure and intensity when the enemy is on the verge of defeat. Jordan had that killer instinct, like a shark when they smell blood in the water, they naturally "go in for the kill". LeBron is more like a rhino or something... like he's kind by nature and doesn't want to fight you, but if you **** with him enough he will stampede you and then go back to eating shrubs.
    Probably the best description of it I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Oh...I see.

Well, it was clear to me watching that Wade had more of a pep in his step as the playoffs went longer.

Early on he looked like he could barely run. That was of course a subjective claim based on me watching the games, but there is also stuff to back it up.

Wade put up 14/7/6 45% TS agains the Bucks. He even sat out a game due to his health.

Wade put up 13/3/5 53% TS against the Bulls....and just wasn't really involved offensively like you would normally see him if he was healthy.

Wade put up 15/5/4 49% TS against the Pacers...he had a 3 game stretch in that series in which he averaged 12/3/3 on 32% shooting from the field.

I don't know man...you ask me...Wade was clearly hurt in the eastern conference playoffs and it made otherwise pretty weak competition look a lot better than it actually was. I thought it was obvious that Wade has hobbled and was doing his best to pace himself so he had enough for when his team really needed him.

In the finals he looked like a different player at times. Showing a burst we hadn't seen in a while. He was locked in defensively more and was getting to his spots more easily.

The last 4 games of the finals Wade put up 24/6/5 and came up huge in that do or die game 4. I just don't think Wade early on in the playoffs was healthy enough to throw up a 32/6/4 with 6 steals on 14 of 25 shooting game against one of the best teams in the league. That was his clear cut best game of the playoffs...and his top 3 games in my opinion came against the Spurs in the Finals.
    Yeah, the problem is how do you prove to me that Wade s numbers being down against the EC is due to his health? It could be because of the opponents he faced, it could be because of his mental state, ... Many factors could have caused his mediocre numbers, it s impossible to tell which one actually affected him.
    You cant just claim it was his health, you dont have any prove.

The only sure thing was that Wade sucked in the EC playoffs and that made Heat s road was much harder. Heat s road to the finals wasnt easier than the Spurs because Wade sucked.

This is not really an analysis discussion board. It's a fan discussion board.

Banned

What a dumb post.

LeBron would be the type to flea and survive.

When his back is against the wall, his 'instincts' take over, his adrenaline starts coursing, and BOOM, best player ever.

Everybody wants him to have that urgency that MJ and Westbrook have, but it's just not in his nature.

Banned

Pretty cool animal analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    It's not about just being fearless. Joe Johnson is considered clutch and fearless, but he doesn't have the winning intangibles I'm looking for.

Killer instinct and heart are just one aspect. Off the court intangibles are another, leadership another, bla bla. It's easy to find what I'm talking about and how it translates into winning basketball.

it's why Chris Paul is the best PG in the league. LeBron does have those winning intangibles, he just lacks the 'killer' part that would put him over the edge. And compared to most, he does have heart and desire, just not on the level of Westbrook or Jordan or Kobe or Durant which is the standard we hold him to.

But he's a good teammate and he's dedicated to getting better, head on straight, cerebral player who impacts the game at a high level.
    did I just agree with almost every word of a budadiiii post?

I would add that Westbrook and Durant also lack important leadership intangibles though. Westbrook is too hot-headed and is prone to making decisions that are very stupid and counter-productive... he needs to learn how to moderate his pulse rate and not be a moron in crucial moments. Durant is far too submissive, his talent is too great for his attitude, and he needs to learn how to tell everyone else (Westbrook included... Westbrook especially) to get the **** out of the way when it's time to take over.

Eh, I think the whole killer instinct thing is vague and it's definition keeps changing.

Unlike "heart", you have to get into specifics about what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Eh, I think the whole killer instinct thing is vague and it's definition keeps changing.
    Classic subversive tactic of Marxist commies.