Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The status of Best in the league is up for stake this year...do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Because the game might not be close.

I just disagree completely....minutes 3 to 5 of a tight game in the 4th are not worthless. You could easily blow the game open in those two minutes and never get to the 3 minute mark.

You act like I'm saying its a perfect measure. Its not. But I definitely like it more than just the last 3 minutes.
    Not really. If at the 4 or 5 minute mark a team is down 5 and then the opposing team hits a 3 and goes up 8, they are still very much in the game regardless. You can even argue the same thing for the 3 minute mark. Not saying its worthless, but the game is has not been close to decided at that point. But under 2 minutes, under 3 minutes at the most, the same can't be said and one basket can really put the game away depending on momentum or lack of it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: The status of Best in the league is up for stake this year...do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Not really. If at the 4 or 5 minute mark a team is down 5 and then the opposing team hits a 3 and goes up 8, they are still very much in the game regardless. You can even argue the same thing for the 3 minute mark. Not saying its worthless, but the game is has not been close to decided at that point. But under 2 minutes, under 3 minutes at the most, the same can't be said and one basket can really put the game away depending on momentum or lack of it.
    There are a million different examples I could give you....and you could give me.

Nothing will ever be perfect.

That 5 minute mark to me is the most reasonable time frame.

To you above example. Lets say a team is tied with 5 minutes to go. In the next two minutes they go on a 9-0 run to put the game away. Using your standard....you don't capture any of that.

Seems to me a tied game with 5 minutes left makes more sense because that is absolutely the time the pressure starts to mount and it captures more data....

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    I do support it, thing is my support is what I see
    If I asked you to give me an in depth scouting analysis of Derrick Rose's game, and requested a legitimate explanation for how his game is more potent than that of Love, Howard, or Wade, you'd make a fool of yourself.

not a stat sheet.
    As I've asked before; why is it that every other superstar player has the stats to match the hype?

And its not exactly easy to share this when you don't watch Bulls basketball on a somewhat occasional basis.
    I have league pass; satellite, broadband, and mobile. I also have a subscription to synergysports. If I so wished it, I could go back and watch every Bulls game, or more specifically, every single offensive possession Derrick Rose has played this season. In other words, I watch more Bulls basketball than you.

The Bulls win because they're an excellent rebounding and defensive team, not because Derrick Rose is a top 3 player leading a band of scrubs. Chicago has a system conducive of winning. A system that emphasizes ball movement, rebounding, defense, and limiting turnovers. They're a damned good coached team who've bought in and play hungry. It's no coincidence that Chicago remains consistent regardless of individual injuries in their rotations. Boozer goes out last season? They keep winning. Noah? They keep winning. Deng? They keep winning. Rose? They keep winning. Rip? They keep winning. It's also no a coincidence that, regardless of Rose's presence, the games the Bulls typically lose are that they're matched or out rebounded. Rose can be inefficient as all hell, and he often is, but Chicago is able to stay afloat due to smashing their opponents on the boards. Chicago is more in the mold of the Championship Pistons squad of last decade than one such as the Spurs, Dallas, Heat, or Lakers squads.

It's tough to argue that Rose is top 5, let alone top 3. Realistically, he's 6-10.

1. LeBron
    2. Durant
    3. Howard
    4. CP3
    5. Wade
    6. Love
    7. Dirk
    8. Rose
    9. Westbrook
    10. Parker

Honorable Mention: Aldridge, D. Williams, Nash

In all honesty, it's generous giving Rose the 8 spot considering he's missed 17 games. But he had a really good year last season, so I'll give him the spot on the merit of that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MASH Transit
    As I've asked before; why is it that every other superstar player has the stats to match the hype?
    Because those same other players don't run a system like Chicago. Like you said, this is a well built team that not only rebounds and defends well, but have learned to move the ball well. What this does is make Rose's stats drop, cause he doesn't have as such a load to do. And I've explained that using his FG% is unfair in his situation, cause the defensive pressure he receives is more suffocating compared to the Heat or Thunder big 3. On those teams, that's 3 legit scoring powerhouses, therefore the defense can't focus sole on one. Rose doesn't get this benefit, even WITH his teammates being better this year. He uses that to his advantage, and sets them up so where he can dish it out to them, and get them more involved.

I have league pass; satellite, broadband, and mobile. I also have a subscription to synergysports. If I so wished it, I could go back and watch every Bulls game, or more specifically, every single offensive possession Derrick Rose has played this season. In other words, I watch more Bulls basketball than you.
    I have LP too, but only use it for Heat, Lakers, OKC, Spurs and Clippers, the teams I want to keep tabs on since they are the main competition come post season.

The Bulls win because they're an excellent rebounding and defensive team, not because Derrick Rose is a top 3 player leading a band of scrubs. Chicago has a system conducive of winning. A system that emphasizes ball movement, rebounding, defense, and limiting turnovers. They're a damned good coached team who've bought in and play hungry. It's no coincidence that Chicago remains consistent regardless of individual injuries in their rotations. Boozer goes out last season? They keep winning. Noah? They keep winning. Deng? They keep winning. Rose? They keep winning. Rip? They keep winning. It's also no a coincidence that, regardless of Rose's presence, the games the Bulls typically lose are that they're matched or out rebounded. Rose can be inefficient as all hell, and he often is, but Chicago is able to stay afloat due to smashing their opponents on the boards. Chicago is more in the mold of the Championship Pistons squad of last decade than one such as the Spurs, Dallas, Heat, or Lakers squads.
    The Bulls win with all that, plus Rose's leadership. When I mentioned what Webber said about Rose being a leader on the sideline, you facepalmed, but its absolutely true. On a play where Boozer didn't put his hands up on his opponent and made a foul, right after Thibs was talking to him, the first person he looked at was Rose, and said he shouldn't have did that and apologized. That right there shows the amount of respect they have for him as their leader and floor general. Just cause he isn't playing doesn't mean he's not contributing.

The Bulls have constantly talked about how Rose is their captain, the one they want to follow. Yes Chicago has a system, but Rose is a significant part of it. Their Defense and rebounding keeps them in games, but it doesn't make them win all the time. Go back a watch the last 5 bulls game. Not one have we won comfortably, and was basically a close one. Go watch the game again tonight vs Nuggets. Its absolutely clear why Rose is needed, watch how stagnant the offense was on occasion, or how Lucas and Watson relied on too many jumpshots instead of feeding Boozer. This team without Rose is good, but lets not kid ourselves, they are 4th seed second-round exit at best without Rose.

Its those leadership qualities that I factor in. Hell, leadership qualities is why CP3 is so highly ranked as well. I keep mentioning on how Rose is now constantly compared to CP3, there is a reason for that. He's a smarter player, and that alone makes him better. And it significantly helps the team. Do yourself a favor, watch one of the games where Lucas was on fire. When sitting on the Bench, look who's the person you'd see him talking to from time to time getting tips.

True Bulls are 12-5 without him, but they are 28-6 with him. I have a hard time seeing this Rose-less team do that.
    Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 03-27-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Good High School Starter

Tenchi Ryu , you are an idiot, and I don't mean you are an idiot for making that post, I mean you are an idiot for responding to MASH Transit/Joyner, the guy got banned on RealGM for a reason.