Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Jeremy Lin off season training

This is the thing with Lin. I think you can criticize the Knicks because they honestly, without sacrificing flexibility could have kept him. He was an asset, they could have moved him, and he does have potential. He showed it last year. That's why i wanted to keep him. Not because he was 100% going to be dominant.

For some reason, post Knick it reads from some people like he was a 100% sure thing. This board is really full of shit.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Rockets have been a much smarter and better franchise than the Knicks since the ABA-NBA merger(36 years ago).

Knicks fans shouldn't be calling other franchises stupid. I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Rockets have been a much smarter and better franchise than the Knicks since the ABA-NBA merger(36 years ago).
    That has no relevance to the current situation. Morey has made moves that I consider to be unwise. We'll see how they turn out.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    This is the thing with Lin. I think you can criticize the Knicks because they honestly, without sacrificing flexibility could have kept him. He was an asset, they could have moved him, and he does have potential. He showed it last year. That's why i wanted to keep him. Not because he was 100% going to be dominant.

For some reason, post Knick it reads from some people like he was a 100% sure thing. This board is really full of shit.
    I think it would take longer than a month to rehab a moderate knee injury. It wasn't a serious career-threatening injury but it wasn't a minor one either.

NBA Superstar

I think it would take longer than a month to rehab a moderate knee injury. It wasn't a serious career-threatening injury but it wasn't a minor one either.

damn you're stupid

Completely agreed. Lin certainly has upside, but to call him a sure thing is way too much of a stretch.

As far as keeping Lin as an asset, I didn't really like it. There were already clear indications that his ego was being boosted by all of the attention and empowerment by the fans and media.

What would have happened if the most "popular" player on the team didn't like the number of minutes he was getting? Would it be leaked to the press that Lin "wasn't happy", to put pressure on Woody?

I could clearly see a Tebow-like situation being created, where fan pressure was exerting too much influence into basketball-related areas. Not a good development, and it would have caused even more of a circus.

That's just one of the reasons, along with the financial ones, I think it was best for all concerned that Lin left town.

He's been able to play for quite a while. He was playing games with Melo and Chandler last month.

My favorite part of his hard offseason was him blowing off the Olympic Select team and going to the ESPY's despite the Knicks asking him to go. And don't give me bitter Knick fan shit, i said at the time i wasn't happy. How do you blow that off?
    Yea, because the Knicks told him to go find a deal instead of offering him a contract.

AK47DR91

He's been able to play for quite a while. He was playing games with Melo and Chandler last month.
    That's still after two months of rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Yea, because the Knicks told him to go find a deal instead of offering him a contract.
    He negotiated with Houston in Vegas where the select team was so try again. And the night of the first game he should have been playing at he was at the ESPY's. At the time, i said i didn't understand it and i still don't.

A young player like him invited to join the US Select Team where he would have a real chance of getting on the radar for (if he is what people say he is) an Olympic team spot. NOPE - no time. Got to yuk it up with Tebow on ESPN.

I wanted him to play against great players and get better. This topic is basically implying he will do anything and everything to improve. Well, not everything.

i don't want to argue, i don't get your point. He was playing games weeks ago but he's not able to play now because he's too hurt. I honestly don't get what you mean.

NBA Superstar

what a dumbass

He negotiated with Houston in Vegas where the select team was so try again. And the night of the first game he should have been playing at he was at the ESPY's. At the time, i said i didn't understand it and i still don't.

A young player like him invited to join the US Select Team where he would have a real chance of getting on the radar for (if he is what people say he is) an Olympic team spot. NOPE - no time. Got to yuk it up with Tebow on ESPN.

I wanted him to play against great players and get better. This topic is basically implying he will do anything and everything to improve. Well, not everything.
    Actually, they first met before Vegas to discuss that original offer. So he wasn't able to practice with the Select Team. Just curious, how many restricted free agents were on that team?

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Actually, they first met before Vegas to discuss that original offer. So he wasn't able to practice with the Select Team. Just curious, how many restricted free agents were on that team?
    Isn't this thread about the extremely dedicated do anything training of Jeremy Lin?

On what you said about his numbers, you ever find the coincidence of how it dropped after Melo returned?

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Who said it was in this thread? You've seen the posts saying that the Knicks should have gotten rid of Melo and built around Lin -- essentially putting them on the same level.

Its been intimated and hinted at in any number of ways. I just simply stated that its my belief that he will never be a dominant force.
    People would choose Lin, as I did, because Melo is proven to gone nowhere. What's the point of building around him? He's had 9 years to prove himself already, and he's failed year after year. Even now, as a Knick fan, I doubt you guys believe, even in your dreams, that he would lead you somewhere.

By taking Lin, you can get another superstar to play beside him because he's not max money like Melo. You build around him, as in let him run the system like he did during linsanity. There is more chance of the team succeeding this way, than having Melo blackhole and chuck the ball all day long.