Default Obama calling out the Naysaying Republican's today

[B]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ion/?hpt=hp_t2

3 minutes ago
    Obama: Health care sign-ups hit 8 million
    Posted by
    CNN Staff

(CNN)

Default Re: Obama calling out the Naysaying Republican's today

I try to stay out of the political talk here since so much of it completely misses the point and just looks like apes flinging feces at each other...

But on this subject, I have to give the president's team credit...and this comes from a dyed in the wool independent with no party affiliation because, as a thinking adult I realized long ago that both of our parties are totally full of shit and don't care a single shit for us. But it really is miraculous what can be accomplished when you kick several million people off of their existing insurance and then threaten them with fines if they don't pick one of your insurance plans.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

[QUOTE=Godzuki][B]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ion/?hpt=hp_t2

3 minutes ago
    Obama: Health care sign-ups hit 8 million
    Posted by
    CNN Staff

(CNN)

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    I try to stay out of the political talk here since so much of it completely misses the point and just looks like apes flinging feces at each other...

But on this subject, I have to give the president's team credit. It's really miraculous what can be accomplished when you kick several million people off of their existing insurance and then threaten them with fines if they don't pick one of your insurance plans.

my point exactly.

NBA Superstar

But on this subject, I have to give the president's team credit. It's really miraculous what can be accomplished when you kick several million people off of their existing insurance and then threaten them with fines if they don't pick one of your insurance plans.

I just really wonder if these 'several million' were kicked off because of Obamacare, or other various reasons. I mean its just really hard to take these kind of numbers seriously when they stem from the most pessimistic of people who are throwing numbers and doom/gloom out all of the time, which seems to never happen like they forewarn us.

even if you read the stuff Michelle Bachman is constantly stating, or the accusations Palin still makes in interviews or public speeches, they're oftentimes blatantly misleading/lying. Its unbelievable at times how they get away with it.

I've just heard all of that noise so much where i'm starting to tune it out since it never seems real. Even on ISH ever since i can remember there have been posters here making all of these doom and gloom predictions and it never happens like they said a long time ago. its more often nay saying everything related to Dem's and predicting the worst with very exaggerated numbers or misleading reasoning...and thing is most talk so sure of themselves like they're experts.

I swear if only one thing they could point to a long time ago was right but i think all of them have been wrong on every doom/gloom prediction.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 04-17-2014 at 04:37 PM.

NBA Legend

Basically, what Obamacare does:

Forces young, healthy people to join the same insurance pools as old, high-risk Americans, obese Americans, cigarette smoking Americans, diabetic Americans, prescription abusing Americans, hypochondriacs, and so forth, in order to help insurance companies pay the cost of all these ills, while still turning a profit. Oh, and let's not forget that things like VIAGARA are covered by many insurance plans. As well as treatment for alcoholism, "ADHD", depression, and all sorts of other various ambiguous "diseases."

Obamacare is essentially a tax on being healthy. You are paying more than you SHOULD, in order to contribute to the care of Americans who neglect their health which is becoming an exponentially increasing faction. The Democratic party still wants these McFatsos to keep voting for them, and so to appease them the created the "Affordable healthcare act."

Of course, a pool of healthy people wouldn't have very expensive health CARE. But the government's only priorities are power and the $ of lobbyists, so this is the system we get.

And selfish people like DukeDelonte can easily be bought off with a few dollars from the government. He literally said in another post "I voted for Obama bc he promised cheaper healthcare for me, and I got it so I'm happy."

Is that the right attitude for our country? No, not at all. But does that self-serving simpleton give a hoot? No, not at all. And that, in essence, is what Obamacare is all about. It's a handout to all the people who don't actually care about principles and the future of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    I just really wonder if these 'several million' were kicked off because of Obamacare, or other various reasons. I mean its just really hard to take these kind of numbers seriously when they stem from the most pessimistic of people who are throwing numbers and doom/gloom out all of the time, which seems to never happen like they forewarn us.

even if you read the stuff Michelle Bachman is constantly stating, or the accusations Palin still makes in interviews or public speeches, they're oftentimes blatantly misleading/lying. Its unbelievable at times how they get away with it.

I've just heard all of that noise so much where i'm starting to tune it out since it never seems real. Even on ISH ever since i can remember there have been posters here making all of these doom and gloom predictions and it never happens like they said a long time ago. its more often nay saying everything related to Dem's and predicting the worst with very exaggerated numbers or misleading reasoning...and thing is most talk so sure of themselves like they're experts. I swear if only one thing they could point to a long time ago was right but i think all of them have been wrong on every doom/gloom prediction.
    I said what I initially said in a rather tongue-in-cheek manner that didn't really translate well, which is my fault.

That being saiid...of course the "millions" thing isn't legit. I doubt Obama's numbers are truly legit and I'm equally certain Republicans will be saying the numbers are imaginary in a day or two. If it was a Republican in the White House, Dems would be sending out their crazy brigade to do the same thing and poo-poo the other guys. This is what they've always done.

Of course the doom/gloom scenarios don't come to fruition. They were never intended to...they're just lip service paid to the common folk to keep them voting Republican/Democrat. Say what the people who watch your "news" want to hear and they'll watch your crazy opinion shows, subscribe to your Twitter and oh look, Glenn Beck's shitty new mystery novel is coming out for only $9.95 so go BUY IT YOU FILTHY CONSUMER.

It's a big racket and Americans go to the polls every November proud as peacocks to keep it running.

NBA Superstar

But on this subject, I have to give the president's team credit...and this comes from a dyed in the wool independent with no party affiliation because, as a thinking adult I realized long ago that both of our parties are totally full of shit and don't care a single shit for us. But it really is miraculous what can be accomplished when you kick several million people off of their existing insurance and then threaten them with fines if they don't pick one of your insurance plans.

NBA Legend

I
    Of course the doom/gloom scenarios don't come to fruition. They were never intended to...they're just lip service paid to the common folk to keep them voting Republican/Democrat. Say what the people who watch your "news" want to hear and they'll watch your crazy opinion shows, subscribe to your Twitter and oh look, Glenn Beck's shitty new mystery novel is coming out for only $9.95 so go BUY IT YOU FILTHY CONSUMER.

It's a big racket and Americans go to the polls every November proud as peacocks to keep it running.

Oy, it's all so terribly true.

And that's just the way it issssss.... Things WILL always be the same....

That's just the way it issss..... awww yeahhhh

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Basically, what Obamacare does:

Forces young, healthy people to join the same insurance pools as old, high-risk Americans, obese Americans, cigarette smoking Americans, diabetic Americans, prescription abusing Americans, hypochondriacs, and so forth, in order to help insurance companies pay the cost of all these ills, while still turning a profit. Oh, and let's not forget that things like VIAGARA are covered by many insurance plans. As well as treatment for alcoholism, "ADHD", depression, and all sorts of other various ambiguous "diseases."

Obamacare is essentially a tax on being healthy. You are paying more than you SHOULD, in order to contribute to the care of Americans who neglect their health which is becoming an exponentially increasing faction. The Democratic party still wants these McFatsos to keep voting for them, and so to appease them the created the "Affordable healthcare act."

Of course, a pool of healthy people wouldn't have very expensive health CARE. But the government's only priorities are power and the $ of lobbyists, so this is the system we get.

And selfish people like DukeDelonte can easily be bought off with a few dollars from the government. He literally said in another post "I voted for Obama bc he promised cheaper healthcare for me, and I got it so I'm happy."

Is that the right attitude for our country? No, not at all. But does that self-serving simpleton give a hoot? No, not at all. And that, in essence, is what Obamacare is all about. It's a handout to all the people who don't actually care about principles and the future of the country.
    you do realize people have deductibles, very high deductibles with low end insurance plans(bronze)? and that medicine isn't free?

that to abuse doctors or the healthcare system like you're implying requires those 'poor' people to pay around $4500-$6500/year deductibles that deters them from abusiing the system/plans?

What you're saying just isn't true. I paid a lot more for my individual healthcare plan thru Blue Cross Blue Shield prior to Obamacare shopping. About $50/month less...

I just don't get how people think its so bad for the country, if anything from what i read the government was paying a fortune in hospital visits by those without insurance, and less than what the ACA cost. Now everyone at least has insurance, or is supposed to.

I am a fan of the idea that Obamacare will help separate health insurance and employment. I have to imagine that people taking or staying at jobs they hate simply because they need health insurance is horribly inefficient for the economy.

NBA Superstar

I said what I initially said in a rather tongue-in-cheek manner that didn't really translate well, which is my fault.

That being saiid...of course the "millions" thing isn't legit. I doubt Obama's numbers are truly legit and I'm equally certain Republicans will be saying the numbers are imaginary in a day or two. If it was a Republican in the White House, Dems would be sending out their crazy brigade to do the same thing and poo-poo the other guys. This is what they've always done.

i truly believe one party fibs a lot more than the other but i guess we'll have to disagree on that.

i also believe every 3rd party candidate has had major issues as well, along with their good points, that were different from the 2 major parties. I mean i just don't agree with you guys who say the 2 major parties are the same or so much worse than the 3rd parties.

If anything one of the most ridiculous things about the 3rd parties and people who believe in them is how much they take some of our government agencies or what they do for granted. And how unrealistic some of their expectations were for the people or communities to make up for them. Not in today's America...

NBA Legend

you do realize people have deductibles, very high deductibles with low end insurance plans(bronze)? and that medicine isn't free?

that to abuse doctors or the healthcare system like you're implying requires those 'poor' people to pay around $4500-$6500/year deductibles that deters them from abusiing the system/plans?

What you're saying just isn't true. I paid a lot more for my individual healthcare plan thru Blue Cross Blue Shield prior to Obamacare shopping. About $50/month less...

I just don't get how people think its so bad for the country, if anything from what i read the government was paying a fortune in hospital visits by those without insurance, and less than what the ACA cost. Now everyone at least has insurance, or is supposed to.

You made this same exact point in another thread and I literally showed a picture of my insurance card which, thanks to government subsidy, provides me a $500/yr deductible with a $53 month premium. The original cost of that plan was $200+ a month but because I'm choosing to live an unconventional lifestyle right now with low income, I get a huge discount. Even though I am an able-bodied man in my 20s. There is no excuse for funding my huge government subsidy with the money of other hard working Americans. But the law INSISTED that I buy coverage, and when I put in my income that's what they offered me. So I took it. You think there aren't MILLIONS of people who are just 'slacking' and getting cheap ass coverage? That comes at the expense of working Americans.

And if you have a problem with what it costs the government when people without insurance go to the hospital and don't pay, then why not just GET TOUGH on people who do that? Oh, right, because Dems are simply chickenshit when it comes to enforcing anything. They're the party of cowards. Point blank, period. You even TRY to collect a legitimate debt from someone, and the Femocrats call up the ACLU to start a tantrumfest about how the system is picking on poor lil johnny everyman, who chose not to get insurance and now is shirking his medical bills. Femocrats do the same thing with child support. Don't pay your child support? Here's a few tiny slaps on the wrist, now go make some more illegitimate kids! We'll get those evil meanie rich people to pay! Nevermind how much us middle class academic liberals make compared to factory workers in vietnam, the REAL bad guys are the stupid ceo's that make more money than US!

It's just a bunch of soft, cowardly, ignorant, mobthink retards being self-serving hypocrites. The most unmanly guys in the conventional sense; soft, oversensitive, effeminate, hormonal like a woman, emotional, shy, awkward etc. They dont want to have to live in a world where they witness people suffer the consequences of their OWN decision, they insist on an ideology where everyone who makes... an amount just above the threshold of what they and the people around them make... are perpetually not doing their "fair share" to provide bandaids for people who make bad decisions and end up in difficult circumstances.

Theye wanna give everyone fish (so that he comes off looking super compassionate and motherly, thus hopefully being liked) rather than let people learn to fish and sometimes spend a night hungry as they're feeling their way out through trial and error.

It's basically man vs woman mentality. Femocrats have a strangely womanly mentality. They have an obsession with mothering and being motherly. That's why they read Mother Jones. They love to be the mother instead of the father becuase it just comes more natural to them. Maybe it stems from a realization that they weren't the manly types early on, so to attract women they tried to develop more in common with them and hope to get girls by being soft and emotional. Who knows? It's a relatively new evolutionary development.

Edit: Removed the personal attack, I resolved not to do that anymore here. Too old for it.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 04-17-2014 at 05:37 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You made this same exact point in another thread and I literally showed a picture of my insurance card which, thanks to government subsidy, provides me a $500/yr deductible with a $53 month premium. The original cost of that plan was $200+ a month but because I'm choosing to live an unconventional lifestyle right now with low income, I get a huge discount. Even though I am an able-bodied man in my 20s. There is no excuse for funding my huge government subsidy with the money of other hard working Americans. But the law INSISTED that I buy coverage, and when I put in my income that's what they offered me. So I took it. You think there aren't MILLIONS of people who are just 'slacking' and getting cheap ass coverage? That comes at the expense of working Americans.

And if you have a problem with what it costs the government when people without insurance go to the hospital and don't pay, then why not just GET TOUGH on people who do that? Oh, right, because Dems are simply chickenshit when it comes to enforcing anything. They're the party of cowards. Point blank, period. You even TRY to collect a legitimate debt from someone, and the Femocrats call up the ACLU to start a tantrumfest about how the system is picking on poor lil johnny everyman, who chose not to get insurance and now is shirking his medical bills. Femocrats do the same thing with child support. Don't pay your child support? Here's a few tiny slaps on the wrist, now go make some more illegitimate kids! We'll get those evil meanie rich people to pay! Nevermind how much us middle class academic liberals make compared to factory workers in vietnam, the REAL bad guys are the stupid ceo's that make more money than US!

It's just a bunch of soft, cowardly, ignorant, mobthink retards being self-serving hypocrites. Look at deucewallaces. He's the most unmanly person ever in the conventional sense; he's soft, oversensitive, effeminate, hormonal like a woman, emotional, shy, awkward etc. He doesn't want to have to live in a world where he witnesses people suffer the consequences of their OWN decision, so he insists on an ideology where everyone who makes... an amount just above the threshold of what he and the people around him make... are perpetually not doing their "fair share" to provide bandaids for people who make bad decisions and end up in difficult circumstances.

He wants to give everyone fish (so that he comes off looking super compassionate and motherly, thus hopefully being liked) rather than let people learn to fish and sometimes spend a night hungry as they're feeling their way out through trial and error. This dude accuses me of being a slacker and not working and being a mooch.... and yet his position is that everyone like that should be handed everything that anyone else gets through their hard work.

It's basically man vs woman mentality. He (and femocrats in general) have a strangely womanly mentality. It's a relatively new evolutionary development.

you can't charge and hope to collect anything from poor people with no money who had no healthcare and went to the hospital. You can't just throw them in jail. Also most people in this country aren't okay with just letting them die either, so someone will be taking care of them.

I must have missed what you posted before but you must have chosen a higher end plan, at least a silver to get a $500 deductible plan, although i don't know how you got such a low deductible with such a low monthly premium(subsidy). I was under the impression the subsidies only covered bronze/silver plans. Almost all of them i saw with my brother who is low income for years had extremely high deductibles, other than the plans starting at at least $150+/month....

I just think the well off, or those that worked for big companies who gave them health insurance are bliss to what many others have been going through with the privatized insurance industry.

NBA Legend

you can't charge and hope to collect anything from poor people with no money who had no healthcare and went to the hospital. .
    Every time I ask someone this, it gets dodged and ignored, so I don't expect anything different but just in case, let me ask you:

Can you paint me a picture of a two-parent home with adults working full time and being financially responsible that is "poor and has no money"? Keep in mind that they are able to get food assistance from the government as well as about $2,000 per child in tax rebates. Don't tell me "they can't find work" becuase I'll just post ads from craigslist in ANY CITY IN AMERICA that are advertising for work.

So go ahead and explain to me who the hard working, financially responsible poor people are out there that can't make ends meet in the wealthiest country on earth despite a variety of public assistance available?

You don't want to accept the fact that Shanique is being called out for spending her child tax credits on high heels and abandoning her children to hit the club, and when she need to go to the doctor she aint got no money fo insurance. Rather than put your foot down and go in and ADDRESS THAT [COLOR="Black"]F[/COLOR]UCKING PROBLEM you want to sweep it under the rug, and play the 'awww, poorr people, come on man, have some emotions and sensivitiy man, what kind of jerk are you...' liberal bullshit emotion-card.

Shit! What if in discussing the issue candidly, someone were to label you..... a racist! OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Quick, END THE DISCUSSION OF DIFFICULTIES WE'RE FACING because feelings could start getting hurt and someone might get labeled the absolute most unimaginably terrible thing in the world... A RACIST!

This is literally the mindset of ..... "some people" (deuceswallces) who are, again, just scared to stand up and be seen with an unpopular opinion, an opinion that doesn't provide a nice, warm, fuzzy, (delusional/impractical) answer. Straight up no confidence, no assertiveness, no intelligence, no testicles, no resolve, no nothing. They hide behind race cards, and they are terrified of even the possibility of one being used against them. It's all they have. They contribute no fortitude whatsoever to the policy. They're easily rattled and soft and sensitive. They want the solution that ignores the problem becuase they are too AFRAID to go in there and really fix it the hard, yet correct way.

It's just a reality bruh. THose who are afraid, hide. They hide behind phony race cards, they hide behind group opinion, they hide behind emotional strawmen. It's called being soft. Some of yall are the RuPaul of politics. Real tawk.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 04-17-2014 at 05:54 PM.