Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Default Re: Wade: NBA players should be paid for Olympics

BUT my love 4 the game & pride 4 USA motivates me more than any $$$ amount. I repped my country in 2004 when we won the bronze medal and stood proudly to receive our gold medal in 2008 in Beijing. It’s always been an honor for me to be a part of the USA Olympic family and I’m looking forward to doing it again in London this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Wade: Ahh Crap, that just slipped out of my mouth. What should I do now LeBron?

LeBron: Dude, you're not making my situation any better with that comment.
    Thats pretty funny.

Banned

Sounds like Wade secretly got paid in college too...... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    musicians do play free concerts, especially for charity.
    Yes, but no musician does a free show just so the promoters and advertisers can keep all the money.

What I'm basically hearing here is that, for some reason, sports fans are demanding that absolutely EVERY single dollar generated by the athlete's performing MUST go to Coca-cola, NBC, Nike and McDonald's.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Yes, but no musician does a free show just so the promoters and advertisers can keep all the money.

What I'm basically hearing here is that, for some reason, sports fans are demanding that absolutely EVERY single dollar generated by the athlete's performing MUST go to Coca-cola, NBC, Nike and McDonald's.
    They shouldn't put the names on the jerseys. Just the number.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...ns-compensated

Why would you say this out loud even if you think it?

WOW......people like to bash Kobe but Kobe is only thinking about the USA and winning. I would be embarrassed if he was being a greedy idiot like that.

IMO, as long as their insurance and all costs are covered they should be happy.
    Where does the greed end??? I just heard D-Rose just signed a shoe deal for $250 million.....just for wearing the freaking shoes.......yet you got idiots acting like they're broke and need lunch money D-rose is NOT one of them.
    If Allen and Wade want money they can just stay the Fk home, we don't need them....Man, I used to respect Wade but now i see he's just a little B!tch....this and All Star Butt-Hurt hack on Kobe. Lost all his cred.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Olympics is a choice. No one forces you to go, and it's only once every 4 years.

NCAA is actually forced upon the athletes where they have to play for free.
    And they are not already multi millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    why?

would you like to represent your country for free at your job in your holiday time?

and yet he still does it.
    If I make millions upon millions of dollars anyway, why not? It's a great experience.

He already won an Olympic Gold Medal. Wade just needs to rest and relax in the off season. He was the leading scorer in the 2008 Olympics. LBJ and Bosh will represent the Heat in the 2012 Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    WOW......people like to bash Kobe but Kobe is only thinking about the USA and winning. I would be embarrassed if he was being a greedy idiot like that.
    You're missing the entire point. It's not that they want money. It's that the money is already there, it's just going to someone else who probably doesn't deserve it.

It's like a hooker selling sex. Her having sex makes money, and she's not getting the money, but that's not even the problem. It the guy who's not even doing anything that's putting the money in his pocket.

If it's all about country and winning, why are all these other greedy people stuffing their pockets while the athletes are playing for free?

It's like, if you're gonna use the olympics to milk all this money out of people than you're greedy ass isn't just keeping it all. Give the athletes something. Either that, or don't milk it in the first place and just let it be about the countries and competition.

NBA Superstar

doesn't it get reinvested into the olympic program? i'd think most of the money they make, including advertising money and tv deals, goes towards running those huge events and their training facilities/upkeep. i mean i'm sure a lot of it might be pocketed by crooked olympic committee members but still...

im a superhero

Oh, so can I hire you and then pay you with something you don't want? How about piano lesson? Yeah. I'll hire you to repave my driveway and pay you in that amount worth of piano lessons that you don't want. After that, you can cut my grass for fifty dollars worth of oranges.
    they have options, and they choose it. they can go straight to the euroleague or any other basketball competition. they choose to. so clearly they are not getting compensation with something they dont want.