Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Sources: Knicks tuning out coach

Quote Originally Posted by ballashotcalla
    Actually, we don't know the whole situation.

When Lin came out on the radio to talk about that situation, it was more a PR talk to get people to see that Lin and Melo were cool.

Lin never said he saw melo say it. Lin said, he heard from another source that Melo said to play Lin.
    Obviously you are completely talking out of your ass and never listened to the interview.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02/...boomer-carton/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Lin
    “I’m just confused, because he’s the one who vouched for me in the first place,”

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

And apparently Davis feels like he shouldn't really be the backup. He wants to play through Melo and Amare while Lin wants to play the coach system. I feel like they should really split up. Have Lin come off the bench, where he could play the coaches ball and have Davis in the starting lineup.

Either way, it's not going to work out if the players are not listening to the coach. They are going to trade or get another coach.

Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't know... I don't think Lin is above critique at this point. He had a great run to start his time in New York, but so far in March, he is averaging almost 4 turnovers per game, shooting 39% from the field, yet still taking almost 15 shots a game.

Why is it that the entire Knicks organization can be taken to task for recent failures, but Lin is above reproach? Hell, if I were a teammate, that would probably bother me.
    Whether or not Lin is to blame doesn't change the fact that Lin will not be traded.

100% guaranteed he is going to be back with the Knicks.

So that means we turn to the other players on the team that can or will probably be traded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Obviously you are completely talking out of your ass and never listened to the interview.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02/...boomer-carton/
    In an interview before that he was asked and said,

On whether Lin appreciated Anthony's gesture, the second-year player said, "Of course! ... I didn't hear about that until after the game."
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...armelo-anthony

You can tell when he was being interviewed that he didn't have firsthand information of it happening. Stephen A. Smith had already told the public that Melo's the one that asked for him to be in the lineup before Lin ever said anything at all.

Lin cannot be traded or benched?

So Knicks are going to build around Jeremy Lin now?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballashotcalla
    Whether or not Lin is to blame doesn't change the fact that Lin will not be traded.

100% guaranteed he is going to be back with the Knicks.

So that means we turn to the other players on the team that can or will probably be traded.
    I didn't say they were trading him, although, it is pretty funny that a guy who was cut from a team a month ago is now untouchable. I was responding to the notion that you would 'have to be mentally retarded to say that you don't like Lin if you are on the Knicks roster.'

There are legitimate complaints that players could have with his play recently.

Banned

Lin was never asked whether or not he knows FIRSTHAND that Carmelo Anthony vouched for him. A story was released that said Carmelo Anthony vouched for him and then the reporter asked Lin how he felt about it. Lin has never confirmed it ever even happening. And neither has any other player, coach, or staff member.

Quote Originally Posted by Lover
    In an interview before that he was asked and said,

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...armelo-anthony

You can tell when he was being interviewed that he didn't have firsthand information of it happening. Stephen A. Smith had already told the public that Melo's the one that asked for him to be in the lineup before Lin ever said anything at all.
    When did I say it was firsthand? Jeremy Lin went on the radio and said it was Melo. D'Antoni went on the radio and said he really couldn't remember how it happened. Are you telling me that Lin, as a good Christian would go out there and lie to the world about what happened?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Lin cannot be traded or benched?

So Knicks are going to build around Jeremy Lin now?

I'd rather build around a chair than build around Carmelo Anthony.

Lin was never asked whether or not he knows FIRSTHAND that Carmelo Anthony vouched for him. A story was released that said Carmelo Anthony vouched for him and then the reporter asked Lin how he felt about it. Lin has never confirmed it ever even happening. And neither has any other player, coach, or staff member.
    His exact words were "he vouched for me". Whether he knew about it at the moment it came from Melo's mouth is irrelevant.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Wow. How quickly things change.

Melo hasn't played in the kind of offense to suit his style of play since leaving Denver. Knicks fans are already totally done with him?

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

I don't know... I don't think Lin is above critique at this point. He had a great run to start his time in New York, but so far in March, he is averaging almost 4 turnovers per game, shooting 39% from the field, yet still taking almost 15 shots a game.

Why is it that the entire Knicks organization can be taken to task for recent failures, but Lin is above reproach? Hell, if I were a teammate, that would probably bother me.
    Have to agree. His Taiwanese roots + Harvard background + the fact that he is touted as the ultimate teammate somehow makes him immune to criticism.

Imagine the backlash JR Smith would receive if he gets 10 turnovers.

Wow. How quickly things change.

Melo hasn't played in the kind of offense to suit his style of play since leaving Denver. Knicks fans are already totally done with him?
    No. Real Knick fans want him here.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    No. Real Knick fans want him here.
    Questionable.

Melo never missed a single season of the Playoffs in the WESTERN CONFERENCE. You think the Knicks struggling to make the playoffs out East is really his fault?

You think if Rick Adelman was coaching this Knicks squad, they wouldn't be in the playoffs out East?