Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: LeBron + Current Wade Still Better Than LeBron + Current Cavs

Its such a weird coincidence that almost all of Lebron's star teammates look clearly worse playing with him then they did without him.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    He was being hard-trapped, triple-teamed, and ball-denied 25 feet from the rim. It reminded me of 2009.
    Gimme a break with the game 7 excuses

Anyway, Love is ****ing trash.. dont ever call him a star.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Its such a weird coincidence that almost all of Lebron's star teammates look clearly worse playing with him then they did without him.
    Dafuq? He's played with 3

Wade was himself in 2011, Bosh was your typical 3rd option, and Irving got dramatically better.. lol

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Dafuq? He's played with 3

Wade was himself in 2011, Bosh was your typical 3rd option, and Irving got dramatically better.. lol
    He's played with 4. Kevin Love is a star. Or at least he was until he went to a team who's best players can't utilize him as well to his strengths. Guys that average 26/13 on 40 win teams in the tougher conference aren't littered all over the league. I don't really see how you can say he's not a star but Bosh was based on their production. So he's played with 4.

Wade was himself in 2011, then all the Lebron fans started shitting all over him. Same thing with Bosh. Obviously the same thing with Love. And even the same thing with Kyrie to an extent despite the fact that he's better like you said (I did say "almost all".)

Why is this? Is it just a weird coincidence? There's never been 4 start teammates, which isn't a small number, to a great player who's gotten this much criticism, especially from that fanbase. The hype around the prospect of a great player (Lebron) playing with these star teammates (Wade/Bosh then Love/Kyrie) vs how the critics/fanbase felt when they actually started playing with each other has never been so wide. This never happened with Bird, Magic, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, or even Kobe. Is it really just a weird coincidence? And Lebron just happened to be the one guy from that group of all-time great players who's star teammates for the most part played clearly worse with him vs without him?

4 is a pretty small number...

Love is the only one who's inexplicably gotten worse. Its on open shots, too.. just look at last night's game.

Gimme a break with the game 7 excuses

Anyway, Love is ****ing trash.. dont ever call him a star.
    Name another 34 year old SG not named Jordan to get the kind of defensive attention Wade got in the Toronto series. Name another 34 year old player to lead his team in points, assists, rebounds, blocks, and 3pt% in a playoff series. You can't because both are exclusive to Wade.

Even though everything I said about how Toronto defended Wade in game 7 (and throughout the series) is true, yes he was subpar in game 7. He should have been more aggressive and assertive. Fatigued or not it was a disappointing ending to an otherwise great series. There. No excuses. Happy? However, if you pair a healthy Wade with Lebron, the Wade we saw for the majority of the playoffs, the Cavs are better than they currently are with Irving. No?

NBA lottery pick

Love is the only one who's inexplicably gotten worse. Its on open shots, too.. just look at last night's game.
    Like I said, Love and Kyrie are trash. People can come up with all these stats and twist all these narratives to make LeBron take the fall.

The only stat that matters to me is how far did Kyrie get in Cleveland without LeBron? He got nowhere. The Cavs were irrelevant.

How far did Love get in Minnesota? No where... They were irrelevant.

LeBron James makes these fools relevant. He litterary carried these clowns to the playoffs and put them on his back through the playoffs.

I've seen nothing from these two scrubs that are suppose to be these star players. They are useless. Career losers. They always fail to show up in big games when it matters most. LeBron always has to take the lead and show these guys how to win even though they are allergic to it.

LeBron + Wade would have swept the Raptors.

He's played with 4. Kevin Love is a star. Or at least he was until he went to a team who's best players can't utilize him as well to his strengths. Guys that average 26/13 on 40 win teams in the tougher conference aren't littered all over the league. I don't really see how you can say he's not a star but Bosh was based on their production. So he's played with 4.

Wade was himself in 2011, then all the Lebron fans started shitting all over him. Same thing with Bosh. Obviously the same thing with Love. And even the same thing with Kyrie to an extent despite the fact that he's better like you said (I did say "almost all".)

Why is this? Is it just a weird coincidence? There's never been 4 start teammates, which isn't a small number, to a great player who's gotten this much criticism, especially from that fanbase. The hype around the prospect of a great player (Lebron) playing with these star teammates (Wade/Bosh then Love/Kyrie) vs how the critics/fanbase felt when they actually started playing with each other has never been so wide. This never happened with Bird, Magic, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, or even Kobe. Is it really just a weird coincidence? And Lebron just happened to be the one guy from that group of all-time great players who's star teammates for the most part played clearly worse with him vs without him?
    Yikes. Dat truth. Bron stans won't touch these facts with a ten foot pole.

3-time NBA All-Star

No its not Wow the expectations for the talent he should've played with is ridiculous.

Jordan basically played with 1, arguably 2 in Pippen and Rodman. Magic played with Kareem, Worthy, and I guess you can include McAdoo and Wilkes. Bird played with Tiny, McHale, Parish, and DJ. That's 4 for Magic and Bird, who everyone says has had the most stacked teams ever. Duncan has played with Robinson, Parker, Ginobili, Kawhi, and Aldridge. Kobe played with Shaq, Gasol, Malone, Payton, and Howard. That's 5 for Lebron's contemporaries that are basically done with their careers.

Love doesn't see anywhere near as much as touches in the post like he used to. This isn't me saying Love would be better off without Lebron. Of course not. Same goes for the other 3 star teammates.

But maybe Lebron just doesn't utilize his teammates as well as other great players and his style of play isn't conducive to playing with other star players? Even his GM said something along the lines of how much Lebron needs the ball in his hands and is better suited with just shooters around him.

Or maybe his fans overestimate just how much help everyone else has had in the past? Or maybe his fans just bitch and complain too much?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Bullshit

I saw Wade passing up open jump shots until his team was down 20 points, why wasn't he the one bringing the ball up and forcing the Raptors to "triple team" him at the top of the key so his teammates could shoot wide open jump shots all game, since he was the only player they were worried about?

Dragic was the reason the series even went 7 games in the first place, let's not forget that.

Wade was -19 in a 8 pt loss in Game 5 while Dragic was +2
    Dragic had 30 on 57% shooting in Game 6 while Wade had 22 on 38%, Dragic was +25 while Wade was +5

Everyone expected Wade to take over Game 7 but instead he took 14 shots and could only play 34 minutes, dude was fatigued by the end of the series.

Same thing happened in 2014, he averaged 19 ppg in the regular season like this year but shot 9% better since he had prime Lebron on his side, played well up to the Finals and then got fatigued.

Irving is giving the same kind of production scoring-wise, is actually a better shooter so he also spaces the floor and is younger. He's averaging 24 ppg on 47% shooting with 45% from 3 for the Playoffs, that's better than anything Wade gave Lebron from 2012-14.

And it's consistent production, 20+ points in 10 out of 12 Playoff games and only one game below 40% shooting, but somehow he's worse than a Wade on one knee at age 34.

And OP has the audacity to say that Lebron + current Wade is better than ALL of the help he has in Cleveland? When do we stop blaming his teammates and start blaming him for disappearing in close games? His teammates got his team up 2 in the 4th and he takes 1 shot and scores 0 points? Ridiculous.
    Yes, you're right: he's the reason Miami didn't win in 6.

Game 3 (4 point loss). Dragic goes 5/14 for 12 points with 5 turnovers. Lost Miami home court despite Wade's 38 points, and with Whiteside going down--series completely switched by that god-awful performance.

edit: and errr... yeah, of course Wade was fatigued: he'd been carrying Miami all series, and the team had terrible scheduling, playing something like 12 straight games on alternate days. He was even Miami's best shotblocker with the team severely lacking size and getting bullied, and then beaten down in the last game.

Wade was playing without his two best teammates also: I wonder how Kyrie would've done in the playoffs without Love and Lebron?
    Last edited by Dresta; 05-24-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Wade...

Wade was looking like Jordan some nights vs Toronto. Better than anything I've seen from Kyrie and Love. Wade basically took Toronto to 7 games by himself.
    He didn't. Dragic had big games in that series too including the big game 6 he had. Wade was better overall, though.

No its not Wow the expectations for the talent he should've played with is ridiculous.

Jordan basically played with 1, arguably 2 in Pippen and Rodman. Magic played with Kareem, Worthy, and I guess you can include McAdoo and Wilkes. Bird played with Tiny, McHale, Parish, and DJ. That's 4 for Magic and Bird, who everyone says has had the most stacked teams ever. Duncan has played with Robinson, Parker, Ginobili, Kawhi, and Aldridge. Kobe played with Shaq, Gasol, Malone, Payton, and Howard. That's 5 for Lebron's contemporaries that are basically done with their careers.

Love doesn't see anywhere near as much as touches in the post like he used to. This isn't me saying Love would be better off without Lebron. Of course not. Same goes for the other 3 star teammates.

But maybe Lebron just doesn't utilize his teammates as well as other great players and his style of play isn't conducive to playing with other star players? Even his GM said something along the lines of how much Lebron needs the ball in his hands and is better suited with just shooters around him.

Or maybe his fans overestimate just how much help everyone else has had in the past? Or maybe his fans just bitch and complain too much?
    This is getting brutal. Those poor LeBron stans need a safe space now.

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

Lue coaches them.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Anybody saying that Kyrie is trash because he couldn't make the playoffs at the age of 19 & 20 while missing games and fighting injuries while surrounded by trash should stop posting.

Lebron wasn't taking his team anywhere at 19 & 20 either. This is hilarious, Kyrie has had one bad game in the entire playoffs yet here we are, with the annual "Lebrons hand picked teammates are terrible" thread that we've seen every year for the past 6 playoffs.

Kyrie is obviously not trash, but a top 15 player