Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rank The East.....

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    3. Washington Wizards - John Wall, Bradley Beal, Nene and company will give any team in the East a run for their money. Not to mention, they now have old head Paul Pierce gunning for another ring. I still believe Pierce has more left in the tank and can actually bring food to the table. This team is deadly and now have playoff experience to boot. Watch out for the Wizards.
    When did they not have playoff experience last year ? Ariza, Gortat, and Gooden had all been on Finals teams. Nene had tons of playoff experience too. I guess you mean Wall and Beal, but I've said on occasion... their success next year will largely depend on them taking another step in their development.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    1.Bulls
    2.Cavs
    3.Raptors
    4.Heat
    5.Nets
    6.Hornets
    7.Wizards
    8.Pacers
    9.Hawks
    10.Knicks
    11.Magic
    12.Pistons
    13.Bucks
    14.76ers
    15.Celtics

east pretty stacked this yr
    You don't think the Hawks will make the playoffs?

According to seeding (assuming everyone is healthy)

1. Chicago
    2. Toronto
    3. Miami
    4. Cleveland
    5. Atlanta
    6. Washington
    7. Indiana
    8. Charlotte

9. Brooklyn
    10. New York
    11. Boston
    12. Detroit
    13. Milwaukee
    14. Orlando
    15. Philadelphia

I've seen a lot of overrating of Washington, Cleveland, and Charlotte. Also seen a lot of underrating of Atlanta, Miami, and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I agree with your top 2. I still think Indiana is better than Washington. Why? I really don't know, lol. I'm counting on Paul George taking another leap and the fact that he's a top 3-4 player in the East.
    What the hell is going on with Indiana?
    Larry Bird needs to go. He is a great player but has questionable skills assembling a great team.
    Still no legit PG, now they lose Stephenson and hire an aging shooter?
    I understand they don't have a lot of $ to offer but there were good cheap ones.
    Rodney Stuckey, Ramon Sessions, Darren Collison, Steve Blake, Hinrich etc etc, heck Jerryd Bayless, Aaron Brooks are still evailable.
    But the perfect fit IMO is Mo Williams. The guy may not be as young and fast anymore, but he has good range and veteran leadership.

Maybe many fans forget how good Horford is, or that he can play now.

College superstar

Ranking for regular season wins, not postseason seeding.

Bulls
    Cavs
    Washington
    Atlanta
    Indiana
    Charlotte
    Toronto
    Miami

Only if someone important gets hurt in the east on one of the top 8 teams

1. Indiana
    2. Chicago
    3. Miami
    4. Cleveland
    5. Toronto
    6. Washington
    7. Atlanta
    8. Charlotte

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I get your first point, but I don't understand the last one. I just don't see how Lebron's old team will be better than his new team. I know they still have Wade and Bosh but who else?
    What do you mean who else?

They have all those other guys and Deng and McRoberts.

I think people will be surprised what it's going to be like in the playoffs for the Cavs if they don't make any moves.

Relying on so many guys that have never played a playoff game is going to be brutal for a year or 2.

Local High School Star

Unless yall are going off of potential injuries there is no reason why the Nets shouldn't be on your lists. They was the 6th seed last year and got off to a terrible start.

this year they have.

1. A way more established coach that will have them playing better than last year out the gate.

2. Lopez is back. Of course yall are thinking he will get injured bit this thread should be based off of potential health for everyone (lopez and rose included)

3.clear defined roles. Without PP they know exactly who is first second and 3rd option.

The Nets will get anywhere from 4-6 seed, personally I believe it will be a 5th seed

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    Unless yall are going off of potential injuries there is no reason why the Nets shouldn't be on your lists. They was the 6th seed last year and got off to a terrible start.
    What they did last year will be irrelevant because it's a different roster. This is going to be a stronger Eastern Conference and the best acquisition the Nets got was Jarrett Jack.

1. A way more established coach that will have them playing better than last year out the gate.
    The Nets have had 4 different coaches in it's 3 year tenure in Brooklyn. Hollins is probably going to use a traditional lineup.

This is possibly the starting lineup:

Lopez
    Garnett
    Anderson
    Johnson
    Williams

It's an old starting lineup outside of Brook.

2. Lopez is back. Of course yall are thinking he will get injured bit this thread should be based off of potential health for everyone (lopez and rose included)
    It's not just Lopez, but Williams too. He's coming off double ankle surgery. It's most likely that neither will stay healthy all year, but even then... It's going to be a challenge for them to secure a playoff spot.

Plus, Garnett will also have to rest every now and then like last year too.

The Nets will get anywhere from 4-6 seed, personally I believe it will be a 5th seed
    Not likely they get a Top 4 seed. This looks like a weaker team from the one before, IMO.

1. Cleveland
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Washington
    5. Atlanta
    6. Toronto
    7. Charlotte
    8. Miami
    1. Chicago
    2. Cleveland
    3. Indiana
    4.Toronto
    5. Atlanta
    6. Washington
    7. Miami
    8. Charlotte

1. Cavs
    2. Pacers
    3. Bulls (We all know Rose won't stay healthy )
    4. Raptors
    5. Wizards
    6. Nets
    7. Hornets
    8. Knicks
    9. Heat (That's right, they won't make the playoffs)

Anybody predicting a top 3 seed for Miami clearly hasn't spent much time watching that team. Do you guys understand just how much that team depended on Lebron?

Not airballing my layups anymore

How the hell is your top 4 for most of you not include an Atlantic Division team? Do you people know anything about how the NBA works, or are you just like ESPN?

1 CAVALIERS
    2 BULLS
    3 WIZARDS
    4 RAPTORS
    5 PACERS
    6 HEAT
    7 HORNETS
    8 HAWKS

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    What the hell is going on with Indiana?
    Larry Bird needs to go. He is a great player but has questionable skills assembling a great team.
    Still no legit PG, now they lose Stephenson and hire an aging shooter?
    I understand they don't have a lot of $ to offer but there were good cheap ones.
    Rodney Stuckey, Ramon Sessions, Darren Collison, Steve Blake, Hinrich etc etc, heck Jerryd Bayless, Aaron Brooks are still evailable.
    But the perfect fit IMO is Mo Williams. The guy may not be as young and fast anymore, but he has good range and veteran leadership.
    Bird was trippin a little bit. You're right. We did actually pick up Stuckey on a 1 year deal so hopefully he can provide some aggressiveness and scoring off the bench. I would have liked to get Dragic or Rondo but I guess we don't have the pieces for them.

Bird is banking on improved spacing and chemistry this year and the improved spacing should help Hibbert..hopefully.....They also picked up another shooter from overseas. I don't know much about him but he looks pretty good on film.