Very good NBA starter

Default American crowd culture

I was thinking about American vs European 'fan' culture.

American crowd culture is sort of like European way back until the 80s, where you go to a game, clap and cheer if your team does something good otherwise you are quiet. Maybe you chant along on 'defense' or something.

In Europe after the 80s British and Italian fan culture came to dominate, with songs, chants, boos, a lot of involvement. This after a while became annoying to me because it sounds adhd with these fans having to shout and sing at all times, but on the other hand American crowds are extremely tame. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WiAw-KXl7w

I mean, if this was Europe, Draymond Green would not be able to touch the ball without getting loudly booed the entire game. People in the stands would shout obsceneties at him and sing songs particularly about him.

That's why some teams in European sports really have a massive home court advantage, because the athmosphere is so intimidating.

In the US, playing on the road is more difficult but nothing like how it is to go into an away game in England or Eastern Europe or Italy.

The Spanish on the other hand is the only country which pretty much has the same culture as America, clap and cheer only.

Maybe it was different in the past, I can imagine Boston and New York having some rowdy fans.

Nowawadays it's just fat people and a bunch of teens and women on their rich husband's tickets, quite pathetic. They're there to be seen, not to be part of the team.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: American crowd culture

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    I was thinking about American vs European 'fan' culture.

American crowd culture is sort of like European way back until the 80s, where you go to a game, clap and cheer if your team does something good otherwise you are quiet. Maybe you chant along on 'defense' or something.

In Europe after the 80s British and Italian fan culture came to dominate, with songs, chants, boos, a lot of involvement. This after a while became annoying to me because it sounds adhd with these fans having to shout and sing at all times, but on the other hand American crowds are extremely tame. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WiAw-KXl7w

I mean, if this was Europe, Draymond Green would not be able to touch the ball without getting loudly booed the entire game. People in the stands would shout obsceneties at him and sing songs particularly about him.

That's why some teams in European sports really have a massive home court advantage, because the athmosphere is so intimidating.

In the US, playing on the road is more difficult but nothing like how it is to go into an away game in England or Eastern Europe or Italy.

The Spanish on the other hand is the only country which pretty much has the same culture as America, clap and cheer only.

Maybe it was different in the past, I can imagine Boston and New York having some rowdy fans.

Nowawadays it's just fat people and a bunch of teens and women on their rich husband's tickets, quite pathetic. They're there to be seen, not to be part of the team.
    Interesting, never knew that Europe fans were any different.

College games in the USA are louder though. The fans care more and aren't just there because they are rich with free corporate seats.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: American crowd culture

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Interesting, never knew that Europe fans were any different.

College games in the USA are louder though. The fans care more and aren't just there because they are rich with free corporate seats.
    I think some of it is because Europeans are sort of castrated since WW2 so they put every genocidal spirit into sports. Srs.

College games are cool, I'd like to go to some, great atmosphere, then going to drink beer at parties afterwards and party with those honnies in short shorts.

I really am envious of the whole American college culture.