Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Throwback: Chandler Parsons Knocks Down NBA Record 10 Three Pointers in One Half

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Bucks have been shitty since before I was born.

The franchise needs to move. It'll never be able to attract free agents.

About Parsons though, that's a cool highlight video. I think you would be hard pressed to find a legitimate analyst who thinks he's worth his contract. Red Nation would have been upset had his contract been matched.
    Considering his contract I couldn't care less about Parsons. 15 M/year? Yeah, Morey isn't dumb enough to match that.

There's a reason why Houston was able to rebuild in 3 years, their GM. Meanwhile teams like Milwaukee, Sacramento and Minnesota remain shitty It's been like a decade of irrelevance for those teams.
    Not only did Morey not match that horrible contract but he also stole the league's best 3 and D guy for cheap. Morey does it again!

Default Re: Throwback: Chandler Parsons Knocks Down NBA Record 10 Three Pointers in One Half

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Oh, so they'll do what Houston always does
    Pretty much

I actually hope Houston does make the playoffs. It'll be fun to see which West team gets to wipe their ass with them in the first round. I'd love to see Lillard hit another dagger..but watching KD/Russ embarass them would be sick too.

YouGotServed

It'll also be interesting to see what Milwaukee does next off season after they miss the playoffs again. Wait, no it won't. Nobody cares about Milwaukee.Clown shoes, f*ck outta here.

I remember the throwback where Chandler says he was the best SF of a certain playoff series.

Then Batnum ripped him a new one. Lol @ 15mil

Fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king LOL at Houston swapping this guy along with Asik and Lin for Trevor Ariza

But Jesse Dorsey!

Very good NBA starter

Rockets lost the game.

For real though, how far is a team really going to go having Parsons take 14 three's in one game? It's something I disliked about the Rockets because Harden did it too.

His shot attempts will probably be toned down some in Dallas, but then he won't have quite as many games like this, where he looks like an AS.

Mavs should be good though so it doesn't matter. Parsons is better off as a supporting player imo. He'll shine when he's a better system, next to Dirk, coached by Carlisle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus
    I remember the throwback where Chandler says he was the best SF of a certain playoff series.

Then Batnum ripped him a new one. Lol @ 15mil

Parsons said a lot of things that he never backed up.

Can't hate the guy for having confidence I guess.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Parsons said a lot of things that he never backed up.

Can't hate the guy for having confidence I guess.
    So does Kobe.

But we can't hate Kobe can we?

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Rockets lost the game.

For real though, how far is a team really going to go having Parsons take 14 three's in one game? It's something I disliked about the Rockets because Harden did it too.

His shot attempts will probably be toned down some in Dallas, but then he won't have quite as many games like this, where he looks like an AS.

Mavs should be good though so it doesn't matter. Parsons is better off as a supporting player imo. He'll shine when he's a better system, next to Dirk, coached by Carlisle.
    The only thing about adding him, other than his absurd contract, is he doesnt help out the Mavs defensively. In fact, when you consider him replacing Marion, their defense is going to suffer.

As far as efficiency goes, Dallas was #3 in OffEff but #22 in DefEff. Replace Marion with Parsons, and that #22 will probably drop. Yeah they got Chandler back, at the ripe old age of 31, but Felton is a disaster on the defensive end too.

I see the Mavs as somewhere between the #6 and #8 seeds, health issues aside.

Horry who?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    B-b-b-but we got Ariza!

Houston is in the worst imaginable situation right now. They have the most flawed 1-2 punch in the game today, a shit coach, a GM that deservingly just got his ass handed to him for all the years he's spent treating players like pieces in a board game, and now awful depth to back it up.

They have no chance of hanging with the top-tier contenders, and they're not nearly shitty enough to successfully rebuild. They'll get shat on by every elite team, and get zero draft success in the process.

Great prediction. A+ as always

You have filled this thread full of them.
    Last edited by UK2K; 01-31-2015 at 06:36 AM.

The only thing about adding him, other than his absurd contract, is he doesnt help out the Mavs defensively. In fact, when you consider him replacing Marion, their defense is going to suffer.

As far as efficiency goes, Dallas was #3 in OffEff but #22 in DefEff. Replace Marion with Parsons, and that #22 will probably drop. Yeah they got Chandler back, at the ripe old age of 31, but Felton is a disaster on the defensive end too.

I see the Mavs as somewhere between the #6 and #8 seeds, health issues aside.
    Meanwhile, I was right on fvcking point, except Chandler (Tyson) has helped elevate Dallas DefEff to #14th.

Dallas currently sits as the 6th seed.

Meanwhile, I was right on fvcking point, except Chandler (Tyson) has helped elevate Dallas DefEff to #14th.

Dallas currently sits as the 6th seed.
    Except that Marion is trash, as every Dallas fan could tell you.

YouGotServed

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Considering his contract I couldn't care less about Parsons. 15 M/year? Yeah, Morey isn't dumb enough to match that.

There's a reason why Houston was able to rebuild in 3 years, their GM. Meanwhile teams like Milwaukee, Sacramento and Minnesota remain shitty It's been like a decade of irrelevance for those teams.
    Not only did Morey not match that horrible contract but he also stole the league's best 3 and D guy for cheap. Morey does it again!
    UK2K and I owning this thread

I'm a ****ing genius when it comes to basketball. I take my hat off Daryl Morey. The guy is perhaps the greatest GM to ever manage a team.

Let's Parsons go, signs the leagues best 3 and D player. Houston currently 3rd in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Except that Marion is trash, as every Dallas fan could tell you.
    He's a good defender. If he was on the current Mavs team instead of Parsons, they are likely a top 10 team defensively.

Trust me, Houston went through this last season. Elite offense with a mediocre defense doesn't get you far. Unfortunately for the Mavs, that's exactly what they have now, an elite offense with a mediocre defense. Meanwhile, Houston completely changed the culture of their team, which is why statistically they have a top 3 defense (last I looked, could be top 5 now but whatever).