Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Allen Iverson was an overrated ball hog.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    I agree he was a selfish, overrated, counterproductive, overall liability player.

I have him ranked slightly above Kobe all time.
    This is where I would rank him too.

Not airballing my layups anymore

.416fg% age21
    .461fg% age22
    .412fg% age23
    .421fg% age24
    .420fg% age25
    .398fg% age26
    .414fg% age27
    .387fg% age28
    .424fg% age29
    .447fg% age30
    .442fg% age31
    .458fg% age32
    .417fg% age33
    .430fg% age34

career avg of 3.6 TO. Prime seasons avged 4.6,4.4,3.5, all around there.
    Avged 24.9 attempts per game in his prime, from age 23-30 on .418%

Dam lol thats inefficent as a mofuka. He is pretty overrated. He had heart and is a good story to hear about, but if he was on my team I sure as hell would rip the hair outta my head. lol I think this should shut a few of you up

Banned

i remember the days when he was an active player. yes he was a ball hog, but definitely not over rated. the dude had the biggest heart in the league and did everything he could do to win (outside of practicing). its just that he didn't have the mental capacity to grasp a team concept TO ITS FULLEST EXTENT. If Iverson in his prime was put on the 2014 Spurs, the Spurs would self destruct. he would force it upon himself to take over a game and destroy the offensive flow of the game. he didn't have the talent of kevin durant or the physical ability of lebron, but he had the heart of MJ. individually he is one of the greatest players to every play the game, but incredibly tough to build a successful team around.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

if your description of allen iverson is "ball hog" odds are you didnt actually watch him play in his prime....dude was a GREAT off ball scorer...chucker - yes..ball hog -no

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    i remember the days when he was an active player. yes he was a ball hog, but definitely not over rated. the dude had the biggest heart in the league and did everything he could do to win (outside of practicing). its just that he didn't have the mental capacity to grasp a team concept TO ITS FULLEST EXTENT. If Iverson in his prime was put on the 2014 Spurs, the Spurs would self destruct. he would force it upon himself to take over a game and destroy the offensive flow of the game. he didn't have the talent of kevin durant or the physical ability of lebron, but he had the heart of MJ. individually he is one of the greatest players to every play the game, but incredibly tough to build a successful team around.
    LOL so you mean you get paid millions of dollars and can take as many terrible shots as you want, play no defense whatsoever, never pass the ball, and don't have to work hard nor show any accountability--and are rewarded on top it it all.

Sounds like a pretty good job description!

Iverson is nothing more than a passing cultural phenomenon, and the objective workings of history doesn't take kindly to these sorts of people.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    at the end of the day he was a 5'10 guard with some of the freakiest and unique ability the league has ever seen that took a team TO THE FRIKKING NBA FINALS, at 5'10!!!.

**** all your stats, the guy is no doubt a legend. But in saying that, he is the epitome of bad sportsman ship and he represents the lack of such in America. You would never ever see an Australian, British or European athlete saying "we talking about practice". From a young age we are taught that if you cannot show upto practice, you don't deserve to play and that goes for every player no matter how good you are. Its engrained into us from a young age. America tends to shoot itself in its own foot by building these guys up as superstars from a young age, everyone greasing their cocks everywhere they go. Iverson thought it was ridiculous they were talking about practice, anyone with a shred of sportsmanship or perspective can see that the fact Iverson had the nerve to say that, well its clearly indicative of someone stuck so far up their own ass that they cannot properly understand the significance of why such a thing might be important. You can't really blame him its America's inclination to cater and grease these guys from a young age that gives them this sense of unhinged entitlement.

This is why I can honestly say Dante Exum will assuredly be a successful player in the league and for a long time. Sure he woulda been cool and popular cos of basketball and sport, but over here in Australia hes still a regular kid. The majority of people would still be unaware of who he is, even Australian NBA fans. He grew up a normal life and he knows he ain't hot sh!t other than on the basketball court. Its no ****ing surprise so many of these top draft picks turn out to be busts, they have been damaged from a young age cos of america's overbearing and obsessive sporting culture.
    Iverson's practice rant is blown way out of proportion. He was mad they were talking about practice at that press conference. He never said he despises practice or doesn't practice at all. He was mad that he was the MVP, played hard each every night, gave it all for his team, and all anyone wanted to talk about was practice and his trade rumors. That rant was just the day after they eliminated from the playoffs too. So there was a lot of frustration that spilled over that day.