Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Greatest MJ season vs. Greatest Kobe season vs. Greatest LeBron James

For me
    MJ: 1993
    Kobe: 2003
    LeBron: 2/5

Default Re: Greatest MJ season vs. Greatest Kobe season vs. Greatest LeBron James

Even in defeat:

Kobe: 2008
    LeBron: 2009

For MJ? Too difficult to pick.

Banned

Default Re: Greatest MJ season vs. Greatest Kobe season vs. Greatest LeBron James

NBAplayoffs2001
    Wolf of ISH

NBAplayoffs2001 has no real reputation yet.
    Hisssssss why would we listen to you? You're the devil~

MJ: Didn't start watching the NBA until 92-93, but 91-92 might be his best season IMO. Was a beast in the post, hit tons of jumpers, and still was a terror in transition/driving to the hole.
    Kobe: 2009 (2008 was pretty much the same, but I'm using the championship as a tiebreaker...working with Grover in Summer 07 built up his strength, and he still had a ton of his athleticism)
    LeBron: 2012 (better offensively in 13 and 14 but he didn't play defense consistently until the playoffs either year)

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Statistically, MJ's best year was 1987-88.

Jordan won every major honor, including Most Valuable Player, Defensive Player of the Year, selection to the All-NBA First Team, selection to the All-Defensive First Team, an All-Star Game MVP Award (after scoring 40 points), and the NBA Slam-Dunk Championship. He led the league in scoring with 35.0 points per game and steals with 3.16 per contest.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

I think a player's best season usually comes when their game has fully matured or almost fully matured, WHILE they still have most or all of their athleticism.

So Jordan's best year was 1991 imo... he'd fully bought into the triangle, which did suppress his raw numbers a bit, but his game had fully evolved by that year - his pull-up jumper and turnaround became staples in his game, as opposed to previous years, where he had expended too much energy trying to get all the way to the rack against the pistons - if his game had evolved to this point a year or two sooner, he would have been able to beat the pistons sooner imo.

ofc, still had the goat athleticism..

Kobe's best season was probably 2009 imo, LeBron's was 2012 I believe, because he'd learned some lessons from 2011, and still had most of the athleticism he had in Cleveland.
    Last edited by 3ball; 07-26-2014 at 06:19 PM.

MJ: 87, 88, 91, 92, 93.
    Kobe: 03, 06, 07, 08, 09.
    Lebron: 09, 10, 12, 13.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Statistically, MJ's best year was 1987-88.

Jordan won every major honor, including Most Valuable Player, Defensive Player of the Year, selection to the All-NBA First Team, selection to the All-Defensive First Team, an All-Star Game MVP Award (after scoring 40 points), and the NBA Slam-Dunk Championship. He led the league in scoring with 35.0 points per game and steals with 3.16 per contest.
    Goatmode

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I think a player's best season usually comes when their game has fully matured or almost fully matured, WHILE they still have most or all of their athleticism.

So Jordan's best year was 1991 imo... he'd fully bought into the triangle, which did suppress his raw numbers a bit, but his game had fully evolved by that year - his pull-up jumper and turnaround became staples in his game, as opposed to previous years, where he had expended too much energy trying to get all the way to the rack against the pistons - if his game had evolved to this point a year or two sooner, he would have been able to beat the pistons sooner imo.

Kobe's best season was probably 2009 imo, LeBron's was 2012 I believe, because he'd learned some lessons from 2011, and still had most of the athleticism he had in Cleveland.
    For me his 93 Finals performance is just too hard to deny but also he averaged a double double in 91. So this is very tough.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    For me
    MJ: 1993
    Kobe: 2003
    LeBron: 2/5

Be lyin if I said I didnt lol

God that hangtime.. always in awe when I see that GIF

NBA Legend

As much as I often bemoan how, in general terms, being able to do stuff like that often causes players to quickly become overrated.... Thats just ****ing spectacular

Top 1 Bball Mind.

1991 MJ > 2013 LeBron > 08 Kobe

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    MJ: 87, 88, 91, 92, 93.
    Kobe: 03, 06, 07, 08, 09.
    Lebron: 09, 10, 12, 13.

Wait how can "rings" count on a resume but you can say a player had his best year when he didnt even make it out of the first round?

'97 Kobe> Bran
    '03 MJ> Bran