Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special kid?

This guy can flat out shoot, and create his own shot too. I mean since when did someone have a purer shot besides Ray Allen? He can also just sidestep the defender and pull up the jumper like its second nature.

This kid puts up 35 footers like its nothing. His release is as quick as a flash too. On top of that, his court vision is top notch, underrated i must say. he can really pass and pass well.

Also, anyone who takes a dig at his athleticism or strength. Get real. He did 10 bench presses at the combine( I would say good for a guard ). He's fast enough and he dunks pretty well. Not exactly the best dunker or derrick rose athleticism but he gets to the rim.

Hes easily the best scorer in this year's draft by a mile. 16 points and 29 points in the first two summer league games.

Banned

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special kid?

Belinelli dropped 40 in Summer League I believe.

Curry might be good, but he wont be a permanent fixture in Nelson's lineup.

Curry is a 6th Man, he fits better there than as a starter.

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special kid?

Stephen Curry is gonna be special but Rubio will be a star.

he need to bulk up a little more. give this kid a team around him. so he will have confidence to shoot

I rule the local playground

won't be much better than JJ Redick

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

I am rooting for him to do well, but Interminator made a good point......Bellinelli dropped 40 as well in a summer league game....and Steph scored 29 on 8-22 shooting......Nelson is a weird coach, hopefully Curry finds his way in the rotation

I feel the same thing.Curry is a problem and he takes the time to improve his game so he will always get better.He has a Dad that's been there and hes been around the NBA as a younging.Plus his game right now is still good.He has a underrated penetrating game and passing game.

shooters dont become stars...he needs an all out game to be special...most nba players can shoot..

Nash...great shooter, also great passer , great leader
    Kidd...triple double machine, and defense
    CP3,Tony Parker, D Rose, D-Will, Rondo, J Nelson, Devin Harris, Mo Williams. these PG are outstanding and curry wont be better than any of these...

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

One thing about Curry is that he is an underrated passer.

He's a great passer in terms of getting the ball to where he wants in tough situations. He may not have the best court awareness, but he's shown the ability to make some accurate half court pass.

Quote Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
    One thing about Curry is that he is an underrated passer.

He's a great passer in terms of getting the ball to where he wants in tough situations. He may not have the best court awareness, but he's shown the ability to make some accurate half court pass.
    whose the chik in the pic

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special

I think that he'll be a bust. I would be really surprised if he became a point guard. He's too slow to get his own shot off. I just don't see it with him.

Banned

Default Re: Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special

He could be really great sixth man, and could be a similar player to Jason Terry but I think he could be a better passer, and is already a close shooter. He doesn't have the physical talents of Terry though.

If by special you mean like Stephen hawking special...then yes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mamba24
    shooters dont become stars...he needs an all out game to be special...most nba players can shoot..

Nash...great shooter, also great passer , great leader
    Kidd...triple double machine, and defense
    CP3,Tony Parker, D Rose, D-Will, Rondo, J Nelson, Devin Harris, Mo Williams. these PG are outstanding and curry wont be better than any of these...
    You forgot about Reggie Miller, and Ray Allen. Both of them were stars.