Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default The Frontcourt of Chicago...

Who in the East can even come close to competing with this:

C: Noah/Gasol
    PF: Gasol/Gibson/Mirotic

The Cavs are going to be in serious trouble in the playoffs against this size. Bulls are a shooter away from being the top seed in the East imo. Thoughts?

Default Re: The Frontcourt of Chicago...

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Who in the East can even come close to competing with this:

C: Noah/Gasol
    PF: Gasol/Gibson/Mirotic

The Cavs are going to be in serious trouble in the playoffs against this size. Bulls are a shooter away from being the top seed in the East imo. Thoughts?

Yeah, is he good enough to start right off the bat though? Not sure if he can hang with the SF elite for a championship contender.

I hit on 5-footers

Unfortunately for them, they also have a very weak wing rotation: MDJ/Butler/Snell/MCDermott and no point guard to back up a dude that has barely played in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    Unfortunately for them, they also have a very weak wing rotation: MDJ/Butler/Snell/MCDermott and no point guard to back up a dude that has barely played in 2 years
    Agreed. They have to add a solid 2 or 3 via FA or midseason trade. They will be able to move Taj or Butler and picks to make that happen if that rotation you mentioned doesnt cut it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Feel bad for Taj. Right when it seemed like it was certain that he was finally gonna be a starter, Gasol comes in.

The starting lineup needs a shooter, unless they plan on playing McDermott from the get go.

I wondering if Mirotic can play the 3...

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

What happened to Augustin? I thought he played well late last season.

Agreed. They have to add a solid 2 or 3 via FA or midseason trade. They will be able to move Taj or Butler and picks to make that happen if that rotation you mentioned doesnt cut it.

With lebron staying in the east, Butler is still very much needed for his defense.

Gibson and his 9 million needs to go, even though he's been a solid player for the Bulls.

I hit on 5-footers

They fvcked up IMO. bringing in Mirotic to a situation where he will have 2 guys clearly ahead of him? He will have to BEAST for Thibs to play him over Pau and Taj. He will be redundant.

They added scoring to the point it should not be a weakness anymore but their plan B after Melo is rather underwhelming, I really think Gasol will be very good for them and will surprise a lot of people but they still have no secondary ballhandler and I don't think they have money left to add one, correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    What happened to Augustin? I thought he played well late last season.

He will get paid. Bulls are gonna lose him unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Gibson and his 9 million needs to go, even though he's been a solid player for the Bulls.
    Yeah. Him and an expirer plus picks will be very hot at deadline time for a team needing a big.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    They fvcked up IMO. bringing in Mirotic to a situation where he will have 2 guys clearly ahead of him? He will have to BEAST for Thibs to play him over Pau and Taj. He will be redundant.

They added scoring to the point it should not be a weakness anymore but their plan B after Melo is rather underwhelming, I really think Gasol will be very good for them and will surprise a lot of people but they still have no secondary ballhandler and I don't think they have money left to add one, correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Perhaps they might play Nikola at the 3 and get him minutes there...

All depends on Gasol's Deal. If it includes a S&T of boozer, they get a full MLE and still have some money for a backup guard. If its amnesty of Boozer, then would have to trade Dunleavy and the many 1 to 2 mil expiring deals they have. Jimmer is on the bench though...

Yeah. Him and an expirer plus picks will be very hot at deadline time for a team needing a big.

I wouldnt be surprised if the bulls wait til the deadline e to make a move for a SF once they have established that rose is healthy and the team is in position to compete.