Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Default Re: Yahoo's take on MJ speech

WTF are ppl *****ing about? i just watched the speech didnt see anything wrong with it

good speech to me

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    The only thing that blows my mind is he gets away with things that Kobe would get absolutely crushed for.
    Of course he would. Kobe's not the GOAT is he? So far from it, it isn't even funny. He's a overhyped, overrated brat who doesn't deserve over half the praise he gets. A spolied little jack@$$ will get treated like a spoiled little jack@$$. Why would you even feel the need to compare this to Kobe? I'm fairly certain that Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, Shaq, Duncan, etc, can make a speech like that or say things in a similar fashion and they would be applauded and cheered just the same. It's all about attitude and the way you approach things/people. Of course there's gonna be a double standard for Kobe when compared to some of these other guys. They weren't the stuck up punk he was/is that was fed everything on a silver spoon the second he entered the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Unworldy
    That was really a hack piece of journalism. It took alot of what he said out of context and assumed everything was delivered in a mean spirited way. MJ was just talking about things that motivated him, being himself. Alot of it was from the heart so it appeared a little rambling at times but thats not a sin. The guy is one of the most competitive athletes of all time, of course his ego will shine through a little now and then.

I enjoyed the speech immensely. Some people need to lighten the F up.
    Rumor has it that Adrian Wojohowski is a Kobe Stan. And a Laker fan. After all, according to everyone in here those are the only people in the world that would have anything against his acceptance speech amirite or amirite?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Rumor has it that Adrian Wojohowski is a Kobe Stan. And a Laker fan. After all, according to everyone in here those are the only people in the world that would have anything against his acceptance speech amirite or amirite?
    Well, he HAS written several gushing pro-Kobe/Laker pieces over the last two seasons, so it wouldn't surprise me. I felt MJ's speech was a bit much too.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Well, he HAS written several gushing pro-Kobe/Laker pieces over the last two seasons, so it wouldn't surprise me. I felt MJ's speech was a bit much too.
    MJs the greatest of all time. Now can we stop gushing over him

I coulda sworn the guy wrote a few anti-Kobe pieces. Maybe my memory's failing me.

Great speech.