Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    there have been lots of players who have had stretches of domination in the regular season. guess it really doesn't mean much to me.
    lol *jealous laker fan alert*

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    lol *jealous laker fan alert*
    No, there have been a lot of players with dominant stretches like this. If you read my above posts, I would say Kobe's dominant stretches are better.

It's Lebron's whole season of dominance and consistency that impresses me more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    yea, you blame Kobe for all his failures...same thing you do with Lebron. You don't just get by on the good things. ih, and Lebron failed in 2011, not just before. That finals was pathetic and we should stop Jordan comparisons for now just because of that.
    same with kobe only he had shaq and it was in 2004. So basically russel over MJ for more success THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER and charles barkley entire career is a failure because every season for a INDIVIDUAL player is a failure at a team game because he himself didn't win it all. God your retarded go to some laker forum.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Statistically, the only peer LeBron has left is MJ. Who the **** do you want the media to compare him to? And stop acting like they're doing it based on this season alone. LeBron has multiple all-time level seasons under his belt, in BOTH regular season and playoffs. And now that he has a ring on top of it, he has more than earned a legit comparison with the GOAT.

This is why Kobe fans will always be cu nts. Nobody's been quicker than them to compare a certain player to MJ. They live for it. But now they're playing the "it's too quick for LeBron" card . Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Statistically, the only peer LeBron has left is MJ. Who the **** do you want the media to compare him to? And stop acting like they're doing this based on this season only. LeBron has multiple all-time level seasons under his belt, in BOTH regular season and playoffs. And now that he has a ring on top of it, he has more than earned a legit comparison with the GOAT.

This is why Kobe fans will always be cu nts. Nobody's been quicker than them to compare a certain player to MJ. They live for it.But now they're playing the "it's too quick for LeBron" card . Shut up.
    No you

Statistically, the only peer LeBron has left is MJ. Who the **** do you want the media to compare him to? And stop acting like they're doing it based on this season alone. LeBron has multiple all-time level seasons under his belt, in BOTH regular season and playoffs. And now that he has a ring on top of it, he has more than earned a legit comparison with the GOAT.

This is why Kobe fans will always be cu nts. Nobody's been quicker than them to compare a certain player to MJ. They live for it. But now they're playing the "it's too quick for LeBron" card . Shut up.
    Sure, "MJ fan"

BSPN and all those f4gs at bristol jump on bandwagons super early, especially if they involve the east coast and Lebron's *****. Bunch of trashy boston f4gs is what they are

College superstar

There's more to the game than just stats. Mentally, Lebron has broken down in the past which put him out of the discussion. He's definitely in it now.

When I compare Kobe to MJ, it's not the stats I'm really talking about, MJ has always been a better player across the board. Kobe is just as strong mentally as Jordan, and to me, he's like the Rocky Balboa of the NBA. Kind of an underdog when it comes to the all time greats...

Think about it, when you look at the best players the game has seen:

MJ - Until Lebron came along, probably the most athletic perimeter player ever.

Wilt - From past stories, most likely the most athletic big man ever with incredible physical attributes.

Shaq - 300+ lbs and could move like a SF at times in his prime.

Magic - a 6'9 point guard

Aside from those guys, most of the rest of the Top 10 are generally bigs.

Tim Duncan isn't an incredible physical specimen, but he's long and tall.

Hakeem was also a 7 footer that could move like a SF.

Russell, I can't say too much as I've never seen him play, but they say his wingspan was incredible.

Bird is probably the most like Kobe in regards to his athleticism compared to the rest of the Top 10. He's definitely the least athletic of them all, and I really respect what he was able to do. It's almost as if Luke Walton was able to put up 29/11/7. It makes you wonder "HOW?!".

Hahaha he called Kobe fans cu nts for not saying Lebron has been at MJs level for a while now! So furious especially rich coming from someone who was calling Durant the better player not too long ago and Rose prior to that
    Last edited by chazzy; 02-15-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Banned

Wake me up when Lebron has faced a defense like the Bad Boy Pistons/90's Knicks/96' Sonics/Utah Jazz, list goes on and on. MJ posted a majority of his 40-50 pt games against top 10 defenses!!! Lebron scores a majority of his 40-50 pt games against scrub ass teams that couldn't hold any of those team's jock straps.

MJ got consistently triple teamed on a nightly basis. He didn't have a Wade and Bosh to take all the pressure off of him on the offensive side of the ball.

Not to mention he played world class defense, to go with his offense.

Also, when MJ had to play the point one year, he damn near averaged a triple double, and went on a stretch of 10 triple doubles out of 11 games! I bet any money, if he played PG his whole career, he'd eventually get a triple double season. One in which Lebron stans cream their pants over.

Lebron can't play off the ball like MJ. He NEEDS the ball in his hand. Jordan let Pippen take over as the point forward for the betterment of the team, and to bring out Pippen's maximum potential. I guarantee you, if MJ had played the point his whole career, he'd go down as the greatest PG of all time, and have much better all around number than Lebron.

MJ's DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR STATS: 32.5 pts. 8 rebs. 8 assists 3 stls. 1 blk. On 54% shooting.

I don't even want to embarrass Lebron with Jordan's playoff stats. That's TOO easy to do.

NOW RUN AND TELL THAT, HOME BOY!!!

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    There's more to the game than just stats.
    Who said they were? LeBron's stats merely reaffirm what we're seeing on the court. Thus, it's the most objective tool one can use to make a fair comparison. The eye-test on the other hand is fallible to biases. Stats aren't. It's not like LeBron's numbers haven't led to incredible success over the years. Nobody has won more games than him over the last 5 years(09-13) - the span most consider him to be the game's best player(I'm not that big on '11 and '12 though, unlike others). The span in which LeBron's also produced 4 Top 10 PER seasons out of 5.

Mentally, Lebron has broken down in the past which put him out of the discussion.
    Every player has a black spot in their career. LeBron's '11 finals was certainly horrible, but shouldn't define him. Especially considering what has happened since. As far as the whole mental toughness thing is concerned, you've been watching too much First Take. History is firmly on LeBron's side. He arguably did more with less than anybody in NBA history as a Cavalier. And of the 2 championship-worthy teams he has played on in his career, 1 of them won a championship. Mentally soft? Not buying it.

btw, @ Kobe being an underdog . Yeah, one of the 5 most athletic SGs ever, who has played his entire career on the most successful franchise in NBA history, on one loaded team after another being an "underdog". Good lord....
    Last edited by Indian guy; 02-15-2013 at 01:57 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Wake me up when Lebron has faced a defense like the Bad Boy Pistons/90's Knicks/96' Sonics/Utah Jazz, list goes on and on. MJ posted a majority of his 40-50 pt games against top 10 defenses!!! Lebron scores a majority of his 40-50 pt games against scrub ass teams that couldn't hold any of those team's jock straps.

MJ got consistently triple teamed on a nightly basis. He didn't have a Wade and Bosh to take all the pressure off of him on the offensive side of the ball.

Not to mention he played world class defense, to go with his offense.

Also, when MJ had to play the point one year, he damn near averaged a triple double, and went on a stretch of 10 triple doubles out of 11 games! I bet any money, if he played PG his whole career, he'd eventually get a triple double season. One in which Lebron stans cream their pants over.

Lebron can't play off the ball like MJ. He NEEDS the ball in his hand. Jordan let Pippen take over as the point forward for the betterment of the team, and to bring out Pippen's maximum potential. I guarantee you, if MJ had played the point his whole career, he'd go down as the greatest PG of all time, and have much better all around number than Lebron.

MJ's DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR STATS: 32.5 pts. 8 rebs. 8 assists 3 stls. 1 blk. On 54% shooting.

I don't even want to embarrass Lebron with Jordan's playoff stats. That's TOO easy to do.

NOW RUN AND TELL THAT, HOME BOY!!!

Woah...The Jordan Bulls Were Loaded With Talent when your Talking the BEst All Around PLayer other than Jordan in Pippen, Ho Grant (Great Mid Range Shooter Solid Defender) and Rodman(best Rebounder in League with Ridiculous Motor), Kukoc (one of Europes best Players), Paxton, Armstrong(knockdown Shooters), Harper(all around PG), Longley and Cartwight two Centers better than 95% of Centers in todays league Plus a Great Coach and System(triangle Offense). SO Stop acting LIke Jordan Carried Scrubs he played on the best TEAM in the League for Years just LIke Kobe did. Difference between Kobe and Jordan at least Jordan was Top dawg all the Time where Kobe wasn't even Top Dawg on his First 3 championship teams.

flippity flop

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Woah...The Jordan Bulls Were Loaded With Talent when your Talking the BEst All Around PLayer other than Jordan in Pippen, Ho Grant (Great Mid Range Shooter Solid Defender) and Rodman(best Rebounder in League with Ridiculous Motor), Kukoc (one of Europes best Players), Paxton, Armstrong(knockdown Shooters), Harper(all around PG), Longley and Cartwight two Centers better than 95% of Centers in todays league Plus a Great Coach and System(triangle Offense). SO Stop acting LIke Jordan Carried Scrubs he played on the best TEAM in the League for Years just LIke Kobe did. Difference between Kobe and Jordan at least Jordan was Top dawg all the Time where Kobe wasn't even Top Dawg on his First 3 championship teams.
    LMFAO. Not only do you forget the 1st 3 peat Bulls, but you're trying to tell me Grant/Rodman were better players than Chris Bosh??? Why do Lebron stans only bring up the 95-98 Bulls???

Pippen/Wade are a tie in terms of overall impact, but Wade's offensive game, requires a lot more attention than Pippen.

Not to mention the multitude of shooters LBJ has now. LBJ's team offense >>>> MJ's. Hence, why he doesn't get consistently double or tripled like MJ.

Did you not watch last night's game. He gets covered 1 on 1, straight up. He hit a 3 in Perkin's face for God's sake.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I agree.

Same time let's not pretend like Jordan didn't have the entire media pushing him at some point that was probably premature. LeBron is having an outburst and it's becoming more and more clearer than it already was that he's going to be a once in a generation type player, media is running with it.

It def is a little too much but sometimes you just gotta let people have some fun with it. It's not a crime to say somebody's because that Jordan and while I personally don't believe he ever comes that close to surpassing him I wish somebody somebody will.