Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I was playing ball earlier on a goal set at like 9 feet. Caught the ball deep....

...right under the basket.

One of those catches where Hubie Brown would say "Well once he catches it there you cant do anything".

And they didnt. The defense that is. I turned and went up to dunk it(as I had a few times...). I cocked it back a little bit like I was about to unleash hell and tear down the goal and take it into the house with me.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

I got hung. Not a little. I didnt gently get hung. I slammed the ball hard as I could directly into the front of the rim felt a stinging I was sure was my left kidney bursting....felt my back pop...and limped off the court in shame.

Now I was never Nique...but I could always and assume still can dunk on a 10 foot rim. Not off a standstill as I tried to do here but I was able to go right up and dunk that shit several times today. Its 9 ****ing feet....my standing reach is 8 and change. And I missed it. BADLY.

My legs started feeling old. Had zero lift. Zero. My back still hurts...

Enjoy youth while it lasts teenaged posters. There will be a day you make an ass of yourself trying to do what you used to do in your sleep.

And to make this somewhat NBA related...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_r4AGX3Qmo

I felt Mikes pain today. Only his basket wasnt 9 feet tall...and im not 40 like he was....

Root Of All Evil

Default Re: I was playing ball earlier on a goal set at like 9 feet. Caught the ball deep....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

One of those catches where Hubie Brown would say "Well once he catches it there you cant do anything".

And they didnt. The defense that is. I turned and went up to dunk it(as I had a few times...). I cocked it back a little bit like I was about to unleash hell and tear down the goal and take it into the house with me.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

I got hung. Not a little. I didnt gently get hung. I slammed the ball hard as I could directly into the front of the rim felt a stinging I was sure was my left kidney bursting....felt my back pop...and limped off the court in shame.

Now I was never Nique...but I could always and assume still can dunk on a 10 foot rim. Not off a standstill as I tried to do here but I was able to go right up and dunk that shit several times today. Its 9 ****ing feet....my standing reach is 8 and change. And I missed it. BADLY.

Enjoy youth while it lasts teenaged posters. There will be a day you make an ass of yourself trying to do what you used to do in your sleep.

I felt Mikes pain today. Only his basket wasnt 9 feet tall...and im not 40 like he was....
    Who plays on 9 foot rims?

Default Re: I was playing ball earlier on a goal set at like 9 feet. Caught the ball deep....

Shit happens.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kids across the street pulled their goal out. Was me, the kids, and some friends of mine just ****ing around.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Sounds like you were just too far under the rim though. But I feel you, pause, see the username...not anymore, not even close. I probably haven't dunked in almost a yr.

Key is to stay active and in shape, eat a little healthier. Even a an athletic teenager will lose it if they dont play everyday.

Banned

Too bad Hubie Brown wasn't there to say "well, c'mon now..." 4000 times before every sentence.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

How old are you exactly?

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

My favorite MJ missed dunk, 1992 playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8vsZiGxRI

I play basketball once or twice a week. ( 3 on 3 half court). I am only 24 yrs.old, But I am already lacking stamina and leg strength to play a full court game.

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I play basketball once a week. ( 3 on 3 half court).
    Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Who plays on 9 foot rims?

You should try it with full court 5 on 5. It's fun as hell. Personally I can't dunk on 9 ft, but throwing up alleys in transition is BALLINN

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    You should try it with full court 5 on 5. It's fun as hell. Personally I can't dunk on 9 ft, but throwing up alleys in transition is BALLINN
    I play at gyms like Lifetime Fitness, the Rey Meyer, X-Sport. You can't lower two basketball goals in regulation sized courts. Who would want to anyway? And what would be the point?

Serious playground baller 1Time4YourMind's Avatar

I play at gyms like Lifetime Fitness, the Rey Meyer, X-Sport. You can't lower two basketball goals in regulation sized courts. Who would want to anyway? And what would be the point?
    I think since we are regular people who can't ever dunk in a game, we like to feel like NBA athletes every once in a while. And since we can't really put trampolines and go all slamball might as well just lower the rims if you can.

It's just fun to play on shorter hoops sometimes when you're just messing around. Me and my friend played 2-on-8 against his younger brother and some of his friends on their hoop (set at 8 feet) and it was just fun.

You figure NBA players are about a foot taller than most regular people, so lowering the hoop a foot makes it about the equivalent of regular people being NBA size