Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Jeremiah Lin hurting with Marshmellow in the lineup

"Jeremy Lin has been the prevalent story on every NBA fans' mind over the last week. He has exploded in the last few games, including a career day against the Lakers with 38 points and seven assists in the fourth consecutive Knicks win. With superstars Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony poised to come back soon, it seems that the Knicks can now start thinking about contending for a championship, right?

Wrong. What we are forgetting is the root of the problem in the Knicks' game plan all season: Carmelo Anthony. For his whole career, Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has run a system that is predicated on transition, quick decision-making and high point-guard control. For his whole career, Carmelo Anthony has been a slow methodical half-court player.

When 'Melo came to the Knicks, we knew something had to give. With 14 players on the roster understanding that the coach wants to run, you would expect Anthony to mold his game in order to fit the needs of the team. However, Knicks fans' worst fears have come to fruition, as 'Melo has forced the whole team to mold to him. While this is a system that worked in Denver, the Knicks don't have the personnel to be able to pull off an offense centered around watching 'Melo go to work.

So what about the Knicks now? Why have they been successful? It's because they have played to their game plan; what they were coached and what the personnel were brought in to do: run. Jeremy Lin has been the main catalyst in this change, as he has not been shy to push the tempo and attack the lane. The introduction of Lin has been invigorating to the Knicks lineup, and they have rattled off four straight wins.

Amar'e Stoudemire will return at some point to the Knicks lineup as well. However, I think that the reintroduction of Amar'e will actually help Lin's game. STAT has experience working off of a ball-dominant point guard, and I believe that Lin plays to the strengths of Amar'e in terms of running and decision making. Amar'e should only make the Knicks better.

However, Carmelo will do exactly the opposite for the Knicks when he returns. He will take the ball out of the hands of the point guard and try to get his, instead of focusing on the needs of the team. This is what he has done his whole career.

The one time he was most successful was when he played next to Chauncey Billups, who did not necessarily need the ball in his hands and could create space with a deadly three-point shot. For all of Jeremy Lin's strengths, spot up three-point shooting is not one of them. Fact is, 'Melo will take the ball out of Jeremy Lin's hands, and the team performance will suffer once again.

So what can the Knicks do? They have $60 million tied up in a player who just does not fit with the team. This will be a much-debated question throughout the season and for the rest of Carmelo Anthony's tenure in New York."

Some things you now have to consider:

- Linsanity is dead

- Lin's stats with Melo in the lineup: 15.8 points 3.8 rebounds 6.8 assists 1 steal 6 turnovers 42.1 FG%

- Without Melo: 25.9 points 5 rebounds 9.2 assists 3.2 steals 3.2 turnovers 55.8 FG%

The Knicks are losing again. FACT

Default Re: Jeremiah Lin hurting with Marshmellow in the lineup

...why did it never occur to me until now to call him Marshmelo? That was awesome.

I'm sorry but Melo supporters are the dumbest ISH posters alive. Why the f*ck are you watching basketball when you don't know sh*t about it?

What a bunch of losers. I swear. Go play ping pong or something morons.

The Knicks beat up on scrubs (sans Lakers) during "Linsanity"

And I lol'ed at marshmallow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    The Knicks beat up on scrubs (sans Lakers) during "Linsanity"
    The greatest scrubs ever assembled?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Blaming Melo for Lin's struggles is bs. If not for Melo NY loses by 20 last night, Melo is not the one making Lin turn the ball over 6 times and miss lay-ups. The only "issue" Melo's presence causes Lin is that Lin no longer has the ball in his hands for 3/4 of every possession. And against defenders like Rondo and Bradley frankly that's a good thing because he wasn't effective. Bottom line is that Lin has to improve as a ballhandler. He can be good, even great, but he's got some work to do.

Banned

Funny thing is Lin's defense is the worse of any point guard i've seen in the last 10 years while not being under control with the huge turnover numbers. Boston & Miami games were absolutely pathetic.

Marshmello is now 10L - 18W.

That means with him in the lineup (35 win %), they are no better than the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Funny thing is Lin's defense is the worse of any point guard i've seen in the last 10 years while not being under control with the huge turnover numbers. Boston & Miami games were absolutely pathetic.
    Worst in 10 years? That's a bit hyperbolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Blaming Melo for Lin's struggles is bs. If not for Melo NY loses by 20 last night, Melo is not the one making Lin turn the ball over 6 times and miss lay-ups. The only "issue" Melo's presence causes Lin is that Lin no longer has the ball in his hands for 3/4 of every possession. And against defenders like Rondo and Bradley frankly that's a good thing because he wasn't effective. Bottom line is that Lin has to improve as a ballhandler. He can be good, even great, but he's got some work to do.
    First of all, the fact you cannot recognize the huge improvement without Melo makes you a complete idiot.

With Melo in the lineup, the Knicks (with a stack team I might add) is only as good as the Bucks (a team full of scrubs and brandon jennings).

Second, do you just watch the highlights and look for fancy dunks, iso plays, and fade aways? I know juvenile kids like you get huge boners over that sh*t, but veterans like me (y'know purist aka PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THE F*CK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT) see something more than 15 second clips.

You have absolutely no argument homie.

10-18 is pretty damn pathetic.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 03-05-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Lin can't run his game with Melo controlling the team.

Melo's gonna have to step back and let him do his thing or the Knicks need to trade him.

Melo's strategy just aint working.

That is why Lin has lost his confidence. He is picky with his shots, too concern with getting Melo involve, and changed his role to hold Melo's balls.

If you watch all the games without Melo, his ballhandling was NOT THAT bad. The guy has lost it. He has caved in and made himself Melo's little b*tch even going as far as saying, "I don't understand why people say he's not a team player."

Has he been living under a cave and NOT been watching any Knicks game this year? Melo makes Kobe look like John Stockton. I've lost faith in Lin; he's a f*ckin idiot for being such a lil b*tch.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 03-05-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Lin doesnt fight over screens, he overhelps, and doesnt box out his man. That's all teachable. But his man on man isnt nearly that bad. Rondo couldnt get by Lin on isolations. It was pathetic. He was airballing contested layups. Once they started screening more for Rondo, Lin was lost and Rondo had free reign. Lin and the entire Knicks team needs to work on pnr defense as it destroys them. Calderon killed em the exact same way until the Shumpert/Jeffries combo came in.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    First of all, the fact you cannot recognize the huge improvement without Melo makes you a complete idiot.
    No, "complete idiot" would be like comparing Iverson to Brandon Jennings.

Second, do you just watch the highlights and look for fancy dunks, iso plays, and fade aways? I know juvenile kids like you get huge boners over that sh*t, but veterans like me (y'know purist aka PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THE F*CK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT) we see something more than 15 second clips.
    Neither of us knows what you're talking about.

College superstar

The proper bawful nickname for Melo is Carmelanoma.

They need to trade Melo ASAP.
    His value has gone down and it keeps going down.
    We'll give you MWP for him.
    Only reason we would take Melo is to trade him for Deron.
    We'll use his trade value wisely.