Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Clippers pursue Ray Allen, Lakers and Rockets pursue Paul Pierce

If Clippers got Allen he would be an INCREDIBLE fit. He would get a sh** load of wide open jumpers like he's never gotten in his career with the doubles Griffin+CP3 draw. Wonder if Celtics will part with him.

I think Pierce would be an excellent fit for the Rockets but not ideal next to Kobe for the Lakers. Mainly because Kobe and Pierce both love the ball and are primary playmakers. I don't think with their egos/rivalry they would be willing to submit to each other the way Lebron/Wade have.

http://www.celticstown.com/2012/03/0...akers-rockets/

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers pursue Ray Allen, Lakers and Rockets pursue Paul Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If Clippers got Allen he would be an INCREDIBLE fit. He would get a sh** load of wide open jumpers like he's never gotten in his career with the doubles Griffin+CP3 draw. Wonder if Celtics will part with him.
    Yeah, because Allen never got open jumpers playing with those scrub Celtics

Your homerism never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Yeah, because Allen never got open jumpers playing with those scrub Celtics

Your homerism never ceases to amaze me.
    Are you going to try to pretend that aging Pierce+Garnett draw the defensive attention of Griffin+CP3 ? Your ignorance is entertaining to me quite frankly. I've actually not seen a single Garnett double team since he was in Minnesota really. Griffin gets immediate doubles once he catches the ball and CP3's penetration to the paint draws an ENTIRE defense in a way Pierce/Garnett cannot.

Regardless Ray Allen would be a perfect fit for this team. Tons of open shots.

Sports Illustrated

[B]"The Los Angeles Clippers are considered a frontrunner to land Allen, should Danny Ainge and the Celtics choose to deal him. The Clips have an opening at the shooting guard position with the season-ending injury to Chauncey Billups, and Allen

Banned

Lakers would probably turn down trading a 1st round pick for paul pierce

I wonder who the Clippers would have to give up for Ray.

Are you going to try to pretend that aging Pierce+Garnett draw the defensive attention of Griffin+CP3 ? Your ignorance is entertaining to me quite frankly. I've actually not seen a single Garnett double team since he was in Minnesota really. Griffin gets immediate doubles once he catches the ball and CP3's penetration to the paint draws an ENTIRE defense in a way Pierce/Garnett cannot.

Regardless Ray Allen would be a perfect fit for this team. Tons of open shots.
    You do realize that the Celtics won a championship, right? I don't care if they were aging, that team was great and well rounded, which got Allen tons of open shots. Griffin and Paul may allow for Allen to get more open looks now than the current Celtics, but to say the Clippers will get Allen more open shots than the champion Celtics did, that is true ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    I wonder who the Clippers would have to give up for Ray.
    That's the tricky part. Obviously Celtics want more than future 1st and Bledsoe for example. I don't think Celtics want anything we have besides players we won't trade like DJ+Griffin+CP3. Celtics would have to basically cap shed for our TPE and take a pick or two.

Ray Allen does play with that Rondo fella.

And KG definitely attracted double teams his first couple years in Boston.

Do not want Pierce, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    You do realize that the Celtics won a championship, right? I don't care if they were aging, that team was great and well rounded, which got Allen tons of open shots. Griffin and Paul may allow for Allen to get more open looks now than the current Celtics, but to say the Clippers will get Allen more open shots than the champion Celtics did, that is true ignorance.
    How is it true ignorance? Playing with an even better playmaking PG who's better at penetrating the lane and drawing the defense. Playing with Griffin who commands nonstop doubles. Playing with multiple shooters who can't be left open such as Butler/Williams. Reality is the Clippers have way more offensive firepower and talent than the Celtics and yes that includes their 08 title team.

The Celtics teams strength was their legendary defense. Offensively these Clippers have a lot more upside and as I said their two superstars draw more defenders than Pierce/KG did even in 08.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Lakers would probably turn down trading a 1st round pick for paul pierce
    Playoff teams don't get good draft position, you're overvaluing both the Lakers picks(theirs and the Mavs).

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Ray Allen does play with that Rondo fella.

And KG definitely attracted double teams his first couple years in Boston.
    I've been watching KG since his rookie year in Minnesota. He has not typically been a player you double a lot. Why? Because he doesn't score in the paint. Most of his buckets come on the jumper or the high post, similar to a player such as Aldridge or Nowitzki.

Griffin is a completely different animal and even as a rookie... drew at least 3 times more double teams than prime KG in Minnesota in any given season. If you don't understand the difference in which defenders/coaches play a dominant player in the deep paint vs one who plays 18 feet out.. you need to follow a different sport.

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Imagine Pierce and Allen both going to LA and leading the Clippers to a championship.

CP3/Allen/Pierce/Griffin/DJ and Kenyon/Reggie/Simmons/Chauncey off the bench.

How is it true ignorance? Playing with an even better playmaking PG who's better at penetrating the lane and drawing the defense. Playing with Griffin who commands nonstop doubles. Playing with multiple shooters who can't be left open such as Butler/Williams. Reality is the Clippers have way more offensive firepower and talent than the Celtics and yes that includes their 08 title team.

The Celtics teams strength was their legendary defense. Offensively these Clippers have a lot more upside and as I said their two superstars draw more defenders than Pierce/KG did even in 08.
    Paul and Griffin may have more individual talent on the offensive end then KG/Pierce, but the Celtics were better at team ball as a whole on offense. There was more ball movement which led to more confusion of the defense. Paul and Griffin play a great 2-man game, but that doesn't open things up as much as the team play of the Celtics.