Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Heat1011's Avatar

Default Why Kobe Bryant is overrated, some things to consider!

Kobe played in an era where the rules changed and literally let the perimeter players move with ease. Hand checking would have wrecked him. He also is the only player in the NBA allowed to hand check on defense and play physical. That's right, the refs let Kobe get away with murder and rape.

Yet you cant touch him on offense. He would struggle immensely in any era prior to the 2000s. Kobe absolutely can not make shots. He is too inefficient and was taught to be a ball hog at an early age. ESPN has warped basketball fans. He There is no way Kobe is in the top 10 players of all time. Kobe Bryant has been the Medias Pimp Up since 2000. He is the most overrated player of all time. Doesnt mean he's a shitty player, but he's more hype than play.

He is a top 10 perimeter player of all time and top 20 player of all time. Out of all the top 10 scorers of all time he is by far the most inefficient. Dude's basically like a 6'6' Iverson, who I'm not a fan of. The guy is not clutch no matter how much ESPN wants you to believe that. You are a casual fan if you truly believe Kobe to be in the same class as the greats. He is only winning because he is playing with a team with the highest payroll and should not have won the ring last year. Kobe can't do much with a bad team. Rigged 4th quarter. He does not make shots and does not belong in the same sentence as Magic or Jordan. Phil Jackson even admitted that somewhere in his book. I will try to find that soon.

Default Re: Why Kobe Bryant is overrated, some things to consider!

Too many people judge greatness as how good a person was when they were on top. How about we look at Kobe when things weren't so great. After Shaq left for Miami there were three years in between that and the acquisition of Pau Gasol. These are what i like to call "The Forgotten Years" of all Kobe lovers. In the forgotten years, the lakers missed the playoffs once, and were knocked out in the first round both other times. In the forgotten years, the "best player in the world" was complaining about his supporting cast and asking out of LA. It's hilarious how people rip on Lebron for leaving Cleveland for the same reasons kobe wanted out of LA. The difference between the two situations is that Kobe got his wish and Lebron got Jamison.

Now let's look at Lebron during his struggling times. He took THE WORST TEAM TO EVER MAKE THE FINALS to the finals, including scoring 25 straight points in Detroit in what may be the greatest playoff performance post jordan. Look at some of the players that started with Lebron on that team when they went to the finals. Eric Snow, Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Big Z. And Kobe? He only took Smush and Kwame to the first round.

Dwyane Wade won the title with an older Shaq, while clearly being the best player on the Heat. Kobe is an inefficient chucker just like Iverson, and he actually shot the Lakers outta the 2004 Finals.

Wade >>>>>>>>> Kobe

LeBron >>>>>> Kobe

You can't deny the facts!

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

top 10 all time.

Kobe isn't even top 20 LOL! SMFH

Good High School Starter

Good High School Starter

Last edited by Lucifer; 08-29-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Good High School Starter

Good High School Starter

Good High School Starter

Damn this looks good

Good High School Starter

this too

Good High School Starter

Well well well if it isn't Bruce blitz.

Made that high school varsity squad

Kobe's not overrated by the average person...only serious stans overrated him. People put Duncan over him which I disagree with. I take into account something most people oversee...winning titles in succession. A back to back champion > 2 time champion who won it not in sequence. Kobe almost three peated without Shaq (getting to the finals in the west THREE times in a row says something..).

The only problem I have with ranking him above Magic or Bird is his lack of amazing finals performances.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar