Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: What are your next gen plans?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Thorpesaurous can you give me your age in a bracket so I don't feel so bad about playing games still?

I'm 36.

I basically treat games like books. I can get out 4-6, maybe 8 a year. But I don't have time to screw around with them, so I play essentially only AAA titles. I pre-order the games I want. I get them opening day. If I like it I'll play it compulsively for a few weeks or month, depending on the size. I almost never leave anything unbeaten, unless I just really don't like it. I track down as many extras and hidden shit as I can without getting nuts about it. But I don't play online or anything. I'm mostly looking for a good story to unfold in front in of me, like a book, or a good movie.

So that sort of brings me back to why pre-ordering is a tough call for me. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to play a game that's 3 months old. I don't usually buy things on a whim. So I sort of want to have the Watch Dogs experience, which I was led to believe won't be available on PS3, which means I kinda have to buy the PS4 on release. Or I may be able to tide myself over a few months with GTA and get PS3 versions of AC and Batman, but if I wait too long something else will come along and I won't play Watchdogs.

It's a different problem because at my age I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but money isn't really a problem in buying the stuff I'd want, if I just had the time to play them.

I'm getting the PS4 as soon as it comes out

I'll get the Xbox One sometime down the road

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It's a different problem because at my age I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but money isn't really a problem in buying the stuff I'd want, if I just had the time to play them.
    I'm in the same situation when it comes to video games.... I'm really only on my second story-related video game for this year (Tomb Raider and GTA-V) with a little NBA mixed in here and there.

I've already "missed out" on Last of Us and will probably do the same with Arkham Origins, Assasins Creed IV, and Watchdogs, simply because I don't want to buy the games and not fully play them.

Its not necessarily a bad thing that I play way less video games, but its too kinda too bad because they're only getting better and better and those of us that have seen the evolution of gaming throughout the year can really appreciate the change that has happened.

Wait a minute. Watch Dogs won't be for PS3? I put $15 down for a pre-order at GameStop. If it won't be for PS3, why did GameStop accept my deposit? The cashier reassured me it'll be for current and next gen systems.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Wait a minute. Watch Dogs won't be for PS3? I put $15 down for a pre-order at GameStop. If it won't be for PS3, why did GameStop accept my deposit? The cashier reassured me it'll be for current and next gen systems.
    It should be. I think you're ok.