Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Remembering Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal aka Shaq aka the Big Diesel aka Daddy.

Was never a huge fan of him or his personality and still not a huge fan. Always thought he got away with a ton of offensive fouls, actually I know he did I don't think, and he's an egotistical douche IMO who is likable in some ways not so much in other ways. Obviously growing up he was a super-star in every sense, it wasn't till later that I came to respect his foot work and other less obvious skills accordingly. dude had amazing foot work and post game, outside of power and force. there's a billboard sign here in SA with his face on it advertising that high school he went to.

Default Re: Remembering Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal aka Shaq aka the Big Diesel aka Daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    good post bro

cant believe i though u were TheLogo
    It's like walking into Toy's R Us.....Homey

one of the goat centers

here's that kblaze video of his early days as a laker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVnZweSYP6A

ShaQ dunks on Chris Dudley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GofeqRfHAS4

Quote Originally Posted by krazymofo
    one of the goat centers

here's that kblaze video of his early days as a laker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVnZweSYP6A

ShaQ dunks on Chris Dudley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GofeqRfHAS4

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMode
    Ah good old Shaq... will be immortalized as the man that carried Kobe. Most Dominant player next to MJ!
    MJ was never as dominant as Shaq. Damn MJ's turned into some myth. However, Shaq was never healthy and/or in shape for a consistent time.

Nice pictures. I remember when Shaq used to take a few threes & I think he actually made some. Never will there be another Shaq. Dwight can't replace him, never.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMode

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

no disrespect to Shaq but let's keep it 100

nba prematurely named him top 50 greatest..and then for years refs allowed him to do things that for any other player would be offensive fouls.

his performances against Mutombo in the finals illustrate what I'm talking about

it was impossible to guard him the way games were called...even if you played solid position defense

that's why one of my top 5 shaq moments was him, of ALL people complaining about bad calls by refs

if that ain't the pot calling the kettle Shaq

Yeah he was a dominate player. I feel bad for all the youngsters that never got to see Prime Shaq in action.
    GL Shaq.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

yup...I fell off the couch ....he did it on the last play of the game if I remember?
    yeah it was towards the end,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v53lwRhU4fs

seeing that clip reminds me of how players used to do their frat signs....back when the league was filled with guys who went to college.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

dang skinny shaq never seen dat b4

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BoxOutBOXOUT
    It just sucks that Shaq wasted away his prime in Orlando and all we got to see in LA was over-the-hill fat Shaq. Hopefully Dwight learns a lesson from that and joins the Lakers while he's still young.

you are joking sir, right?

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Great photos, takes me back to my childhood days. It's incredible how thin he was when he first entered the NBA.

voice of reason

Most dominant center of our generation, actor, enforcer, instigator, rapper, cultural icon, philosopher (big Aristotle). Say what you want about him now, in 10 years he will be remembered for all of these things.