Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Kobe to set an NBA record tonight...ALPHA ass record.

"The night before the draft, Calipari and Nash had dinner with Bryant's parents, Joe and Pam, at the Radisson in Secaucus, N.J. Kobe's mother and father were thrilled that their son would be playing within commuting distance of their suburban Philly home.

Joe -- who had played in the NBA and in Italy, where Kobe spent part of his youth -- told the Nets' executives he believed Kobe would develop into a starter as a rookie and into an All-Star during his second season. "As we left that dinner," Nash recalled, "Cal told me, 'Wow, Joe really has unrealistic goals for Kobe.' As it turned out, Joe's goals were pretty realistic."

Over lunch on draft day, Calipari and Nash told one of the Nets' seven owners, Joe Taub, that Bryant would be a Net in eight hours. Taub preferred John Wallace, the Syracuse senior, and worried that a high school kid might ultimately leave for a bigger market and a better team in free agency.

Only Bryant wasn't about to wait years for his liberation. He called Calipari after the coach's lunch with Taub, and Bryant's agent, Arn Tellem, called Nash. Prospect and agent declared they wanted no part of Jersey; Tellem even threatened that his client would play in Italy if the Nets ignored their wishes.

Like I said, Kobe wanted the easy way from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    magic demanded a trade to force management into his favor just like kobe did

and garnett bailed to ring chase with boston. he even colluded with ray allen before accepting the deal. ( initially turning it down the first time around )
    The franchise became vulnerable to losing Garnett because he could opt out of his contract after the 2007—08 season, and owner Glen Taylor wasn't interested in extending Garnett's deal unless he accepted a cut in his $20 million annual salary.
    As it became clear that the Timberwolves might, indeed, part with Garnett, Boston emerged as a possible destination because it had a lottery pick;
    The Timberwolves bailed on him and did not want keep him at his salary.
    Magic I give you.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    "The night before the draft, Calipari and Nash had dinner with Bryant's parents, Joe and Pam, at the Radisson in Secaucus, N.J. Kobe's mother and father were thrilled that their son would be playing within commuting distance of their suburban Philly home.

Joe -- who had played in the NBA and in Italy, where Kobe spent part of his youth -- told the Nets' executives he believed Kobe would develop into a starter as a rookie and into an All-Star during his second season. "As we left that dinner," Nash recalled, "Cal told me, 'Wow, Joe really has unrealistic goals for Kobe.' As it turned out, Joe's goals were pretty realistic."

Over lunch on draft day, Calipari and Nash told one of the Nets' seven owners, Joe Taub, that Bryant would be a Net in eight hours. Taub preferred John Wallace, the Syracuse senior, and worried that a high school kid might ultimately leave for a bigger market and a better team in free agency.

Only Bryant wasn't about to wait years for his liberation. He called Calipari after the coach's lunch with Taub, and Bryant's agent, Arn Tellem, called Nash. Prospect and agent declared they wanted no part of Jersey; Tellem even threatened that his client would play in Italy if the Nets ignored their wishes.

Like I said, Kobe wanted the easy way from the beginning.
    even though this has been debunked numerous times, including the Nets coach at the time, who years later said this wasn't true...

in what world dos this show that Kobe wanted "the easy way"...

the Lakers lost in the first round, lost Magic, then lost their second best player due to trading for Kobe..

So you're trying to convince us that Kobe wanted it "the easy way" by demanding to play with Cedric Ceballos and Nick Van Exel

think about that for a second

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    "First, Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York: "I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind.

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing.

Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...e-to-be-traded

yeah, he "stayed" only reason the trade didn't happen is because Krause wouldn't include Deng in the deal to the Lakers. #facts

Cold stone hard fact : Kobe is still a Laker #fact

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    This is a very THICK feat from mr. Bryant. I salute that hung bastard tonight. As a lebron fan I wish he didn't jump ship that much. I need to buy a new jersey every fkn year
    joke would maybe work if he wouldn't have played on 2 teams in 12 years

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldLion
    even though this has been debunked numerous times, including the Nets coach at the time, who years later said this wasn't true...
    link?

in what world dos this show that Kobe wanted "the easy way"...
    By demanding to play for the 2nd most successful franchise of the NBA. Wanting no part of trying to build a contender in Jersey or any other team not named the Lakers.

the Lakers lost in the first round, lost Magic, then lost their second best player due to trading for Kobe.. So you're trying to convince us that Kobe wanted it "the easy way" by demanding to play with Cedric Ceballos and Nick Van Exel
    It was no secret that Shaq wasn't happy with what he was hearing in Orlando. Plus was going to be a UFA that summer. You don't give Vlade away w/o knowing that you're 99.9% sure that Shaq wanted to come to LA.