Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115

The point is that, like Wade, Westbrook should be playing SG.

Say they want to move him to SG, would your trade Thabo/Ibaka for a passing PG/scoring PF?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    He shoots low 40s now, if you put him on a different team, lets say the Cavs for laughs, with no Durant getting attention what percentage would he shoot? 38%? You are complaining about playmaking for Durant, Ibaka, Collison, Kevin Martin how about instead of them you get Thompson, Zeller, Waiters, and Gee. How would he do then? He might average 26ppg on 40% with 5 turnovers at best but how many assist does he get now from just walking up the court and hitting Durant on a pin down, you swear like he doesn't have help.

He is another Steve Francis/Stephen Marbury

More than Irving.

He's already better than either Marbury or Francis ever were. Francis was never anything special...at least not as a PG, which he played. Marbury was a PG and he had himself one really great year. But Westbrook has already been better and his attitude, despite being that brat that tries to show he's tough at the playground, is much better than either of theirs.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Say they want to move him to SG, would your trade Thabo/Ibaka for a passing PG/scoring PF?
    Honest question do you really think with westbricks ego he would agree to give up the PG spot?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

More than Irving.

He's already better than either Marbury or Francis ever were. Francis was never anything special...at least not as a PG, which he played. Marbury was a PG and he had himself one really great year. But Westbrook has already been better and his attitude, despite being that brat that tries to show he's tough at the playground, is much better than either of theirs.
    They never played with Kevin Durant or James Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07

I would trade Harden for one....

oh shit.

Presti make mistake...I wouldn't trade Ibaka. I want him to be around when he's finally the defender that his blocks says he is. I would trade Lamb, Sefalosha and that 1st round pick. What the hell is that pick gonna get? And how useful is Thabo next to Westbrook? I'm just trying to think who they could get...

I dont think you are understanding if they ran a real system Westbrook would not be successful. It would be like putting Shaq on the Suns when they were still running, it doesnt fit because he is too stupid all he is is athleticism that's why he isolates he doesnt understand the game.
    Is that a fact or your baseless opinion? I am sure an NBA all-star with scoring and passing skill can't adapt to change. Afterall, they get paid 100+ million to be stubborn and one-dimensional. They are not scrubs, they can handle different systems, ball movement isn't magic.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I'm just trying to think who they could get...
    Darren Collison? DJ Augustine,Jameer Nelson and Andre Miller they say seems to be unhappy being a back up for Denver

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

And how useful is Thabo next to Westbrook?
    Defending Kobe? Defending Paul?

If Brooks didn't make that change of Thabo guarding Parker from Game 3, no way they would have beaten the Spurs.

Westbrook cannot guard Kobe/Paul/Parker 1 on 1 despite his athleticism and if they can't control them, OKC ain't getting to the Finals!

Honest question do you really think with westbricks ego he would agree to give up the PG spot?

This is my issue, and I posted it just before you did. If there's another PG then Durant will be that PG's first option. It wouldn't go thru Westbrook's discretion. He may be stupid on the court, but he's not stupid enough not to know that. And he doesn't want that.

They never played with Kevin Durant or James Harden.

True, but they never outplayed both of them in the NBA Finals either. Westbrook was, by far, OKC's best player in the Finals.

that Maynor injury is hurting OKC. i mean Harden was pretty good in the 4th quarter decision making last 2 years for them but OKC really used Maynor for much of that prior to Harden breaking out the last year or two. Maynor is a true point guard and can calm down the team with his poise and playmaking. His injury is a huge loss for them if he cant recover. Reggie Jackson aint the same or is too far from developing into that PG that OKC needs.

If Maynor is healthy, i dont think you see Russ handling the rock as much as he is doing right now.

It's interesting that OKC chose Westbrook over Harden because of his position and relative importance to the team. However, it's starting to look like Harden is both a better scorer and playamker, and OKC may have been better off just plugging in a veteran shooter at PG and letting Harden and Durant take turns on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Defending Kobe? Defending Paul?

If Brooks didn't make that change of Thabo guarding Parker from Game 3, no way they would have beaten the Spurs.

Westbrook cannot guard Kobe/Paul/Parker 1 on 1 despite his athleticism and if they can't control them, OKC ain't getting to the Finals!
    Westbrook was the one guarding Parker in 4th quarters, his D on Paul in 4th/Overtime won them the game vs Clippers this season.

And LOL at Thabo guarding Kobe, Bryant took a shit on him last year, Durant was switched on Kobe in 4th quarters and bothered him with his length. Thabo gets posted up and owned by Kobe.

Sefalosha is such an overrated defender, he is useless vs Kobe/Lebron on top of being a non factor offensively. He can only pick on small guys like CP3/Parker.

You can get a better defender with more offense, Arron Afflalo perhaps.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Westbrook was the one guarding Parker in 4th quarters, his D on Paul in 4th/Overtime won them the game vs Clippers this season.

And LOL at Thabo guarding Kobe, Bryant took a shit on him last year, Durant was switched on Kobe in 4th quarters and bothered him with his length. Thabo gets posted up and owned by Kobe.

Sefalosha is such an overrated defender, he is useless vs Kobe/Lebron on top of being a non factor offensively. He can only pick on small guys like CP3/Parker.

You can get a better defender with more offense, Arron Afflalo perhaps.
    No

Westbrook got shitted on by Parker so bad that Brooks was forced to make that change which saved the series. He did a good job on Bryant as well

Afflalo is not a better defender than Thabo..Just no and how are they getting Afflalo on his current contract?

Westbrook is having the best supporting cast of all the top point guards in this league and you are saying he needs more help

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    No

Westbrook got shitted on by Parker so bad that Brooks was forced to make that change which saved the series. He did a good job on Bryant as well

Afflalo is not a better defender than Thabo..Just no and how are they getting Afflalo on his current contract?

Westbrook is having the best supporting cast of all the top point guards in this league and you are saying he needs more help
    Paul has better teammates. Besides Durant/Westbrook, who do teams have to fear in the playoffs? Perkins? Ibaka? Thabo? Martin?

You obviously haven't watched lot of OKC games if you think Thabo is so good. How about you take him for Bradley?

I watch OKC entirely unbiased, I don't like or dislike any of their players. And let me tell ya, Westbrook is dumb as a rock, and holding this team.