Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    how the fcuk is it a good deal when the lakers are trying to win something with few years left on kobe's body?
    You wouldn't have to use such harsh language if you didn't write unnecessary questions. I quite clearly wrote the deal would make LA more athletic and had much to do with the long-term. You don't care about LA's future, that's obvious just looking at your user name but the Laker front office shouldn't share your limited interest aka fanboy obsession with one player.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

I really hope we don't do this but since Williams is getting very minimal PT I can see it as a possibility. Probably Williams, Beasley and filler (maybe Darko) for Gasol. Kobe, Williams, Beasley and Bynum is a very good scoring foursome and I think the Lakers would actually get better. They have to do something as there not going to win with this roster.

A 3 man big rotation of Love, Gasol and Pek would be beastly.
    Last edited by B-Easy8; 02-16-2012 at 12:15 AM.

and people were clownin cavs fans for takin kyrie over him.
    god am i glad we took kyrie. williams played good in a couple
    games in the ncaa tournament and got picked 2nd from that hype.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP

Williams shows a lot of talent when he plays he just gets no court time because Adelman would rather let Love play 40 minutes per game.

I don't think people were clowning on the Cavs for choosing Kyrie over Williams, I think it was more that people though Williams and Kanter, Big V or Knight would have been a better duo than Irving and Thompson.

Anyway I bet we trade Beasley and Williams for someone at the deadline and I think it will be a mistake since they will both turn into stars somewhere else given the oppurtunity.
    Last edited by B-Easy8; 02-16-2012 at 12:22 AM.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Ridnour/Beasley/Williams/Pick for Gasol

We don't need Ridnour throw in a 1st round pick!!

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You wouldn't have to use such harsh language if you didn't write unnecessary questions. I quite clearly wrote the deal would make LA more athletic and had much to do with the long-term. You don't care about LA's future, that's obvious just looking at your user name but the Laker front office shouldn't share your limited interest aka fanboy obsession with one player.

lol...you are a celtic fan....

2nd part...ahh my user name....can you tell whats 1st and then whats 2nd?

1st = Lakers fanboy then Kobe's

Lakers are going to try and win now atleast for next 3 years....and the lakers FO will agree with me....

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    They could use this in a potential deal for Howard. Maybe something like Gasol to Minny, Howard+Hedo+Nelson to LA, and Bynum+Williams+Beasley to Orlando. Plus any filler for to make the salaries match.
    The Lakers are not giving up GASOL & BYNUM for Howard. Plus Bynum+Williams+Beasley >>>>> Howard which is what ORL would be trading for. Why would the Lakers do that???

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Williams shows a lot of talent when he plays he just gets no court time because Adelman would rather let Love play 40 minutes per game.

I don't think people were clowning on the Cavs for choosing Kyrie over Williams, I think it was more that people though Williams and Kanter, Big V or Knight would have been a better duo than Irving and Thompson.

Anyway I bet we trade Beasley and Williams for someone at the deadline and I think it will be a mistake since they will both turn into stars somewhere else given the oppurtunity.

i knew we werent takin big V cause cleveland was in rebuild right now mode and was not willing to wait. and i think the cleveland management had been following thompson since his high school day and were very very high on him. he just isnt gettin the playing time and was out for a while with his ankle.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Ridnour/Beasley/Williams/Pick for Gasol

I'm big on dumping Ridnour and Beasley, but Gasol is NOT worth nearly that much.

Wolves don't need a PF or C. They have Love and Pekovic. The Wolves need a SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    how the fcuk is it a good deal when the lakers are trying to win something with few years left on kobe's body?
    True Lakers fans are looking at the future. We're not concerned too much about what will occur during Kobe's "few years left," but what will happen after.
    Of course, there's no point in discussing this with you since you are clearly a Kobe stan.

Anyway, I don't like this trade. Derrick Williams might have potential, but Pau Gasol is a proven winner.

Plus, LAL needs a PG, not another big man.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    True Lakers fans are looking at the future. We're not concerned too much about what will occur during Kobe's "few years left," but what will happen after.
    Of course, there's no point in discussing this with you since you are clearly a Kobe stan.

Anyway, I don't like this trade. Derrick Williams might have potential, but Pau Gasol is a proven winner.

Plus, LAL needs a PG, not another big man.

oh ya? so you trade a all star for a rookie? GTFO.....

lol...at calling me a kobe stan...nice try

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP

Williams is good.

What position would Gasol play? The Wolves have competent big men now believe it or not. Pekovic is coming out as a great center and Milicic isn't as bad as a backup as you may think despite all the punch lines that still linger around about him. Backing up Love is an untested Anthony Randolph. He hasn't seen much minutes and when he plays he shows a lot of promise. The wolves are fine at the 4 and 5.

We would be giving up too much. The next 2 picks will be the most important in our franchises history if we're still lottery bound or at least have a mid pick. We need impact while Love is here before his extension is up to reconsider the Wolves as a place to remain.

I think we pursue a trade of Beasley + Filler (Wes Johnson, Tolliver) for a SG with a decent shot. The Wolves would be excellent with an Anthony Morrow or O.J. Mayo in their lineup.

Rubio
    Morrow or Mayo
    Derrick Williams
    Love
    Pekovic

This looks like a 5 that would fix Minnesota's current problems, as long as the team grows and reduces its turnovers.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I don't get this trade from either sides, the T-Wolves need a perimeter threat, not another big man when Pekovic is showing good potential.

it makes sense for a contender to trade for gasol, not a borderline playoff team. why would they give up on williams so soon? i know he's missed defensive assignments but dude is still a rook with a versatile offensive game. keep ridnour and get another big? gasol gonna play center? this is an odd trade all around