Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The 'this jeremy lin thing is fun, but he cant sustain it' bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    will teams pick up on his tendencies, and force him to his weaknesses - Yes
    And those weaknesses are....?

Default Re: The 'this jeremy lin thing is fun, but he cant sustain it' bandwagon

You don't score 20+ for 5 straight games including a 38 and 7 game just by fluke. This kid is the real deal...can he can a 20 and 8 guy all year? he won't need to but he will be a quailty starting PG for them.

He won't play this well, but he's not going to suddenly suck. He didn't suck and start playing well. He wasn't given a chance to play and once he did, is better than anyone thought.

So sorry haters, he's not going to fall offf a cliff anytime soon.

not many thinks he will suck

14/6 isn't sucking

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Too bad he is in new york. Almost any other coaching staff could develop him into a solid player. The only stat he will sustain in ny is his 5-8 turnovers.

what im trying to get across, is that i think we are likely seeing another anthony morrow, rather what some others project him as.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    And those weaknesses are....?
    his jumper. he seems to be given a lot of room on the pick and roll as well

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So sorry haters, he's not going to fall off a cliff anytime soon.
    ive made it pretty clear that i have enjoyed his play, but because im not as optimistic, im a 'hater'

Last edited by chips93; 02-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.

i was one of the few that knew who he was and liked his game (thought he would be a very good backup) before all of this

and i'm the biggest hater on ish

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont think he will sustain this high level of play. I do think he will remain a starting caliber PG.
    this.

what im trying to get across, is that i think we are likely seeing another anthony morrow, rather what some others project him as.

ive made it pretty clear that i have enjoyed his play, but because im not as optimistic, im a 'hater'

Your initial post sounds like you think he will go back to she he was ore streak, you e backtracked to him being less than now, which is a total no shit for me. Who thinks he will score 28 a game?

That's pretty weak analysis. In case you didn't see it, he's quick and has an excellent handle. He can get room for a jumper anytime he wants it.

A real weakness is that he isn't as effective driving to his left as he is to the right. He'll have to work on that.

And just because teams will have more tape on him doesn't mean he won't continue to be effective. His skills are very solid; no one is going to shut him down.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i was one of the few that knew who he was and liked his game (thought he would be a very good backup) before all of this

and i'm the biggest hater on ish
    there are no grey areas on ish.

if you're not a dick rider, then you're a hater.

BEAST

ive loved this lin story. who hasnt, but there is no way he can keep this up. if he is averaging above 12ppg, and 6 apg by the end of the year, i will be surprised.

guys just dont go from bench-warmer/possibly-going-to-get-cut, to 20ppg scorers overnight. it just doesnt happen.

his first few games have just been an aberration. eventually he will regress back to what he really is. and i dont know exactly what that is, but its a lot worse that how hes playing right now.

its been fun, but the linsanity has to come to an end

so do you think he can really sustain a high level of play? or is this just a flash in the pan?[COLOR="White"]

(I know, i know, another lin thread, blah blah blah . . . its an interesting story, there are going to be lots of threads about him.)[/COLOR]

sure players dont go from bench warmers to being the go to guy dropping 20~30 pts overnight

but he was already capable of doing that just that he did not get any minutes and the ok to shoot . (this is probably true for a lot of the nba bench warmers, if you can make it to the league, you got game . just that going from the #1 or #2 option to being a role player isn't as easy as it seems to transition hence many struggled)

as long as Dantoni gives him the same minute and shot opportunities, i think he can avg 20ppg 5apg pretty easily

but is that gona happen when Amare and Melo comes back? probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    That's pretty weak analysis. In case you didn't see it, he's quick and has an excellent handle. He can get room for a jumper anytime he wants it.

A real weakness is that he isn't as effective driving to his left as he is to the right. He'll have to work on that.

And just because teams will have more tape on him doesn't mean he won't continue to be effective. His skills are very solid; no one is going to shut him down.
    if yesterday wasn't get shut down then no one can ever shut down someone who takes 24 shots.

but what would you expect from someone advocating Amare could play small forward.

the guy's passing is very overrated that is going to disappoint people the most. he isn't gonna end up being this elite passer that people are portraying him to be. He trys to make the right play but doesn't see the game well enough imo. All those jump passes are gonna start to turn into even more turnovers and he will fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Your initial post sounds like you think he will go back to she he was ore streak, you e backtracked to him being less than now, which is a total no shit for me. Who thinks he will score 28 a game?
    too many typos to fully understand

when did i ever say bolded?

ive been pretty consistent.

anthony morrow is a 12ppg scorer on his career. how is that to what i tihnk lin will do backtracking?

i dont think he can score 15 ppg, or get like 6 or 7 apg
    Last edited by chips93; 02-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    if yesterday wasn't get shut down then no one can ever shut down someone who takes 24 shots.

but what would you expect from someone advocating Amare could play small forward.
    Is this English?

And if you're referring to the debate yesterday, yes trading Melo for Pau would be an advantage for the Knicks. Especially if Melo can't get with the Lin system.