Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: How many posters are jordan only fans?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    First of all guy, I'm not saying that any team has to set a be at a certain level year in and out. But to say a team isn't motivated........ for a whole season? A pridefull, championship pedigree team? No. This is where your overblowing things. Ill even give you that when teams don't do well, they can loose that edge. But that's a trait all teams have year in and out not. Not just the celtics in 89. 90% of teams know what they are after 25 games or so. But I wouldn't say that they stop giving their best. Especially on a game by game basis.

I guess what I'm saying is a team goes into every game thinking they're going to win. No matter whose on the court. As the game progresses, depending on how the game is developeing, like a blowout, maybe a team backs off a says well get them next time. But no team looses motivation for a season. Or I belief that rare.
    I don't believe I ever said the team had ZERO motivation, so I'm not overblowing things. And yes, I'm sure they go into every game planning to win, but that doesn't mean there motivation is the same. Good chance they just don't care as much when they don't win. Good chance they don't prepare as well anymore. You're acknowledging that teams aren't set at the same motivation levels every year, so I don't see what there is to dispute. And even a minor drop in motivation can have a huge effect on a season since the difference between a W and L in a given game isn't that big on average.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I'm glad this age discussion is going on, I think a thread should be made with regards to it. Because on some occasions (like this one) it becomes overblown. 32 is not old for a basketball player. Like for instance kobe bryant. Jackson limits his minutes to keep pressure off his knees. But you must look at the mileage, not the age. because bryant started so young, he's probably played enough minutes to amount to a players that much older. Especially when you factor in how many deep playoff runs he's had since being with the lakers.

The effects of age hits people/players at different times. I've seen some people say james looks like he's starting to show his age and he's about 28. Then you have some players that play as if father time will never find them like jordan and parrish. I just don't put much stock in age as much as what I actually see on the court. I'm sure if doc rivers and popovich wanted, they could play duncan and garnett full minutes and they'd get their normal production. But at what cost? Fatigue and the possibility of retireing earlier.
    Okay, we're still talking about the same thing for the most part. Kobe has both mileage and age. Either way, they both have a huge effect, and all players that have alot of mileage are at a certain age anyway. You're not arguing much here. Fact is Kobe has declined for both reasons, and his injuries are the result of both mileage and age. Seriously, the dude doesn't even practice anymore. You really think we'll ever see the Kobe from 2001-2009 again?

And if Duncan and KG were playing 40 mpg again, they'd probably be done with their season by game #30 at the latest. How does that not show that age/mileage has alot to do with their declines? I'm not sure what you're arguing here.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I don't believe I ever said the team had ZERO motivation, so I'm not overblowing things. And yes, I'm sure they go into every game planning to win, but that doesn't mean there motivation is the same. Good chance they just don't care as much when they don't win. Good chance they don't prepare as well anymore. You're acknowledging that teams aren't set at the same motivation levels every year, so I don't see what there is to dispute. And even a minor drop in motivation can have a huge effect on a season since the difference between a W and L in a given game isn't that big on average.

Okay, we're still talking about the same thing for the most part. Kobe has both mileage and age. Either way, they both have a huge effect, and all players that have alot of mileage are at a certain age anyway. You're not arguing much here. Fact is Kobe has declined for both reasons, and his injuries are the result of both mileage and age. Seriously, the dude doesn't even practice anymore. You really think we'll ever see the Kobe from 2001-2009 again?

And if Duncan and KG were playing 40 mpg again, they'd probably be done with their season by game #30 at the latest. How does that not show that age/mileage has alot to do with their declines? I'm not sure what you're arguing here.
    The point I was making is that duncan for example is 34/35 years old. He's still producing at the same rate on a per minutes basis. This means his ability is still there. But the question is will his body hold up? and I do think his defensive dominance has suffered. Anyways, Parrishs body did. He still played at an extremely high level regardless of age. So I don't see why age should be considered. Then after parrish, the rest of the celtics weren't old.

I still maintain they should've done better.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    I'm a fan of the 90's Bulls, and a big fan of MJ. I'm not a fan of the current Bulls though.
    same here

i don't really support a team

Originally Posted by Collie

I'm a fan of the 90's Bulls, and a big fan of MJ. I'm not a fan of the current Bulls though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fade-away
    same here

i don't really support a team

keep em coming