Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: National Basketball Association "World Champs"

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    It has more to do with it being pointless from the NBA side of things. It really is a lose/lose situation. A win and who cares..thats what is suppose to happen. A loss and all hell breaks loose.

And who decides what rules they play, euro rules are alot different to NBA rules.
    it is not euro rules,it's fiba rules aka rest of the world rules!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    It has more to do with it being pointless from the NBA side of things. It really is a lose/lose situation. A win and who cares..thats what is suppose to happen. A loss and all hell breaks loose.

And who decides what rules they play, euro rules are alot different to NBA rules.
    That's what I'm saying, for that reason the NBA does not want to do it. Stern cannot risk his precious NBA marketing if they were to lose. As far as the rules go FIBA has already changed to NBA rules and NBA style court starting after the 2010 world championship. This is obviously one of the major reasons why the rules were changed and why the court was widened, and the 3 point line moved back, and the lane shape changed to a rectangle by FIBA. Stern claimed he needed all of this to approve the world championship.

So all of that will be in place and the Euroleague clubs will have no issue with it because ULEB also changed the same things and so the Euroleague, Eurocup and the domestic leagues will be making the changes also. On top of that, from the way I understand Stern has made it clear that the NBA will never participate unless ONLY NBA refs are used. So that would be an excuse if the NBA says they would not do it because of reffing and the rules, since the NBA is going to get their way on both of those entirely, with the tournament being under NBA rules, with NBA refs, and with NBA court specifications.

I don't see what else the NBA needs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    I think by that point they should be using those new FIBA rules.

Those go into effect in 2010 I'm pretty sure (longer distance 3 point line, larger court, rectangular key, restricted area arc, etc.).

Yes that's correct.