Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ISH's #1 rapper yungtyrekeevans's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers interested in Roy Hibbert

all y'all acting as if hibbert some balla, but y'all shittin on da dude just 4 months ago.

y'all bruhs trippin when it comes to bron.

Banned

wish they acquired a player than can actually play instead of that piece of garbage scoring challenged ******

larry sanders would be infinitely better

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I like how the Akron Beacon Journal is tossing this rumor out there but failing to mention that such a move for Haywood's contract isn't even possible until next year. I'm sure they're getting the number of clicks that they're looking for, though. That's the most important things to these supposed journalists in this day and age.

Also, I find it sort of funny that people are taking aim at LeBron James for "picking the All Stars" he wants to play with. The Cavs will be able to make a move like this next year for Haywood's contract and I'm sure they'll try to get the best return possible. Why wouldn't they?

Just because we have LeBron James on the team, the Cavs should stop trying to improve the roster in every way possible? It isn't about LeBron... it's about the Cavs still having assets to make moves. Why shouldn't they?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

So everyone was calling this guy complete trash a few months ago, but now that he might play with LeBron, everyone is trying to overhype him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Doesn't make much sense for the bucks to part ways w/ sanders, IMO.

But if the pacers wanna dump hibbert, acquire another 1st rounder from Cle and probably have their own pick become a lottery pick they can come out looking like a pretty different team in the 2015/16 season, especially is they use some of those savings to pick up a FA.

EDIT: can't happen. Haywood's K is not worth the full 10.5 million until next offseason.
    I think it could make a lot of sense to shed Sanders actually. He's owed 44 million over the next 4 years. They are a rebuilding team and already have Henson on a far better contract. He has character issues and you are already trying to incorporate a lot of young guys.

An expiring contract, a pick...and perhaps a player like TT actually makes a ton of sense for both teams.

Because if the Cavs get Hibbert or Sanders...they simply won't have the money to pay TT next summer.

I like these potential deals for all teams. The Pacers should tank and cut ties with Hibbert asap. They aren't winning the title this season obviously...and if they can get a high draft pick and kind of retool on the fly and have more cap room and a younger team for when PG is ready...it makes a lot of sense.

And again, the Bucks should probably just get out of the contract and get more flexible given their situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I like how the Akron Beacon Journal is tossing this rumor out there but failing to mention that such a move for Haywood's contract isn't even possible until next year. I'm sure they're getting the number of clicks that they're looking for, though. That's the most important things to these supposed journalists in this day and age.

Also, I find it sort of funny that people are taking aim at LeBron James for "picking the All Stars" he wants to play with. The Cavs will be able to make a move like this next year for Haywood's contract and I'm sure they'll try to get the best return possible. Why wouldn't they?

Just because we have LeBron James on the team, the Cavs should stop trying to improve the roster in every way possible? It isn't about LeBron... it's about the Cavs still having assets to make moves. Why shouldn't they?
    People are idiots.

That being said it goes both ways. I'm surprised Dragic and his alts haven't flooded this thread trying to act like Hibbert is complete trash and not an asset for a contender in need of a rim protector.

Totally agree.

Why would they stop? They have a huge need at center and the assets to make some moves.

I know these are just rumors, but they make a lot of sense...and I like it a lot because it means TT isn't in the future plans most likely.

Cavs would be a far better team to turn TT, a pick, and filler into Sanders or Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Totally agree.

Why would they stop? They have a huge need at center and the assets to make some moves.

I know these are just rumors, but they make a lot of sense...and I like it a lot because it means TT isn't in the future plans most likely.

Cavs would be a far better team to turn TT, a pick, and filler into Sanders or Hibbert.
    If they could make the trade while keeping Varejao, they would have two of the best centers in the East, in addition to having four potential all stars at their other four positions.

The more I look at it, this Cavaliers team is shaping up to be as strong of a team as I've ever seen, even without a trade for a rim protector.

Love's ability to stretch the floor on offense, swallow up rebounds, and be a great passer will really be huge for them. Don't forget how good he is at outlet passes for the transition game... LeBron will thrive with that type of passing. And in the halfcourt offense, someone like Varejao (if healthy) should have a great year as well, receiving constant dump off passes from LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters, and Love who will command plenty of attention.

I know they don't have any chemistry together yet, but the East is weak enough to where I can see this team winning somewhere around 70 games IF fully healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    If they could make the trade while keeping Varejao, they would have two of the best centers in the East, in addition to having four potential all stars at their other four positions.

The more I look at it, this Cavaliers team is shaping up to be as strong of a team as I've ever seen, even without a trade for a rim protector.

Love's ability to stretch the floor on offense, swallow up rebounds, and be a great passer will really be huge for them. Don't forget how good he is at outlet passes for the transition game... LeBron will thrive with that type of passing. And in the halfcourt offense, someone like Varejao (if healthy) should have a great year as well, receiving constant dump off passes from LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters, and Love who will command plenty of attention.

I know they don't have any chemistry together yet, but the East is weak enough to where I can see this team winning somewhere around 70 games IF fully healthy.

They definitely can make a deal without Andy. Here is a trade that works and one I've been talking about for months;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=or269j3

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Totally agree.

Tristan will be a very good big off the bench. Every good team needs that energy PF/C who can provide defense, rebounding and a motor. He's also only 23.

I don't understand the hate that TT gets. Kevin Love is the Cavs' longterm PF now. Tristan is now likely going to be coming off the bench for the foreseeable future. He's easily good enough to do well in that role and he's also a great chemistry/locker room guy.

Tristan will be a very good big off the bench. Every good team needs that energy PF/C who can provide defense, rebounding and a motor. He's also only 23.

I don't understand the hate that TT gets. Kevin Love is the Cavs' longterm PF now. Tristan is now likely going to be coming off the bench for the foreseeable future. He's easily good enough to do well in that role and he's also a great chemistry/locker room guy.
    He could be a good Taj Gibson type of player for Cleveland, no doubt.

It's even better if he's willing to accept that type of role like Haslem was for us in Miami.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Why would the Pacers want to give a direct division rival an added advantage?

Yea he played like crap in the postseason buy we've seen what he can do when he's motivated and fully focused.

It just doesn't make sense from a competitive stance.

And before people tell me Deng was traded to Cleveland last year, I think the Bulls knew the Cavs weren't a direct threat to them. Plus Lu was entering free agency following the season.

Well, I yield to you about his defense, but in the games I've seen and in the numbers I've looked at...he's a very poor defender.

He is also due for a big deal most likely. The question becomes whether or not he's worth that. Because if you pay him...you won't really have any ability to use that Haywood contract you are talking about.

I'd personally trade him because I think he doesn't really fit in that well and will be given a contract over his real value.

Don't you think someone is going to offer TT like 8 to 11 million a year next summer? You really want to pay that for a player that can't play consistent minutes at center next to Love and isn't a starter? Ugh...he'd have to really improve for that to make sense in my opinion.

Even with cap increases, Lebron/Love/Kyrie are going to be making a huge chunk of that. Then you have to worry about paying Waiters the year after. If you are going to be paying a guy around 10 million or so...I'd much rather it be a guy like Sanders that can actually fill a role the team badly needs.

This is why I was so against including Bennett in that damn deal with the Wolves. Besides it making absolutely no sense to give up that much. Bennett is a perfect fit for a backup to Love and the Cavs don't have to worry about paying him for a while. If they had traded TT or just not traded Bennett...they'd have a lot more options to mix and match guys for trades.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 09-20-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    He could be a good Taj Gibson type of player for Cleveland, no doubt.

It's even better if he's willing to accept that type of role like Haslem was for us in Miami.
    No doubt in my mind he'd accept it. That's one of the great things about holding on to TT... he's a very positive, smart hardworker who will do whatever is asked of him. Not one of those big egos like some others on our roster. He'll help balance that part of it out.

Signing Andray Blatche is a more realistic scenario.